Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse (2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse (2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mood:

rlr1e4p3i7p31.gif

Super excited to see what Lord, Miller, and the amazing teams at Sony Animation cook up for this.

Reactions: Magic-Man and awhen
Delayed to June 2023, and will be dropping the “Part 1” in the title.
Too bad for the delay, but i'm willing to wait for the movie if it's because they need more time to finish the film. I'm glad that they're dropping the "part one" in the title as I feel like that would make it seem incomplete.

If any film in recent cinematic history deserved a "Part One" to be in the title, it was Dune last year. That movie truly WAS incomplete as it was a story that ended right as it got going.

So above this trailer just being absolutely divine, I want to talk about one specific shot. This one:

1670994909762.png

What I love the most about this shot; really comes down towards one specific aspect: The way Miguel's character is within the center of the frame, the borders of the frame with the note to the right; it feels distinct and it feels weirdly personal; like a stamp made for the sake of the notification of how it's supposed to be done. It's a genuinely fantastic shot that feels so distinct and right with a film like Across.

Love to see Peter with a Baby holder, and it's genuinely fascinating to see multiple iterations of Mayday Parker not only being shown, but present in general (for contex: Mayday Parker is Peter & MJ's kid from a What If storyline that resulted in One More Day not happening. What occurs, is a villain wiping out most of the other supers in that Universe, resulting in Peter, MJ, and a young Mayday Parker to become a Spider-Trio; and in the process, fought to take down that one villain).

If anything, genuinely and really wondering if Mayday is successful; on what the hell Marvel Comics does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
The three alts from Into (Noir, Penny, Ham) were so fun and interesting that I'm sad it doesn't look like they're reappearing. Seriously, I could watch numerous movies with them, they were that good.

But I'm sure I'll find new alts to love in this one, can't wait. Between this, GotG 3 and Invincible S2 (hopefully), lots to look forward to in the superhero genre in 2023!