Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Sony has released the first official trailer for next year's "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse".

Directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the film intends to tell a brand new perspective of the Marvel Spider-wearing super hero, in a animated movie; as it will bring the introduction of Miles Morales onto the big screen.

The film releases in 2018.

What do you think? Do you have excitement towards the project, or are you going to be cautious of what this could entail? Comment down below!

Jesus, you know this year is weird when you're looking forward to both a Sony movie and a Transformers movie.

This movie,

fcf83da4aedbecd569b5907efd4e9fb2.gif

It looks so DAMN GOOD. My god, this has jumped high on my most anticipated of the year, especially if it has as much love from the trailers put to the film. It feels like they can just go all-out on Comic Book like aspects, and it works for what Sony Animation is trying to do.

I am hooked, and I will try to see this on opening.

Sony still has to make a spider man movie every 4 years or so to keep the rights? I thought things changed when they let spider man be a part of avengers

Sony still has to make a spider man movie every 4 years or so to keep the rights? I thought things changed when they let spider man be a part of avengers

Sony actually distributed Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Sony and Marvel Studios, are in a form of..agreement, in a way. Marvel Studios has the creative ability to create their own Spider-Man, and having the creative control of the films, but Sony is also allowed to continue their own Spider-Man films alongside distributing all of the Marvel Studios films for Spider-Man.

That's why we have Far From Home being from Marvel Studios in July, and Venom coming out this week from Sony Pictures.