Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Splash Mountain Disrepair

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Splash goes even further down the toilet.

[video=youtube;2Nv_xKKv2IQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Nv_xKKv2IQ[/video]

Why the ride was even open baffles me.

Am I seeing that right, the chickens have no heads?? :shocked:

No, the heads are there. But the AAs, which must be in really bad shape, have dropped into "compliance mode" and their heads arebent backwards. It's basically a position that happens when stuff is really going wrong.

That's really creepy. :lol: But apparently it was like this all weekend?

Apparently it's still like this.

Should never happen. Not the breakdowns, those happen. But guests should NEVER see a ride in this shape. The minute this was reported, the ride should be closed and fixed.

Yeah, that's a really big disregard for the quality of show.

This is just sad and depressing.

WDW should be ashamed, but they aren't.

I just wish they had a General Show Manager at the parks who each day inspected all the attractions, shows, restaurants, shops to make sure all the show elements, lights, fixtures, and cleanliness are up to par.

Dear Disney please hire me for this job I just made up! I promise you will get a giant list of to-dos.

I just wish they had a General Show Manager at the parks who each day inspected all the attractions, shows, restaurants, shops to make sure all the show elements, lights, fixtures, and cleanliness are up to par.

They have people that check out everything to spec books and make notes of issues. The big problem is the management of MK not wanting to halt rides or take them down for refurb. This is understandable in that MK is just too popular for its own good yet corp mngmnt is screaming for the parks to be monetized to the hilt; keep the people coming and happy. A modicum of general satisfaction is all they want from guests.

Disneyland doesn't have this problem as there are sooooo many attractions and the volume is seldom like that of the MK. Jymmy?

They have people that check out everything to spec books and make notes of issues. The big problem is the management of MK not wanting to halt rides or take them down for refurb. This is understandable in that MK is just too popular for its own good yet corp mngmnt is screaming for the parks to be monetized to the hilt; keep the people coming and happy. A modicum of general satisfaction is all they want from guests.

Disneyland doesn't have this problem as there are sooooo many attractions and the volume is seldom like that of the MK. Jymmy?

Apparently they were aware of the problems but with BTMRR closed just across the way, they didn't want to take Splash down as well. Apparently for being the #1 visited theme park in the world, especially now with Dumbo down, Toontown gone, and the rest of FLE still under construction, their capacity is s--t.

Apparently they were aware of the problems but with BTMRR closed just across the way, they didn't want to take Splash down as well. Apparently for being the #1 visited theme park in the world, especially now with Dumbo down, Toontown gone, and the rest of FLE still under construction, their capacity is s--t.

Their capacity was crap before all of that. Is mega super ultra crap now.

It'll be crucial nothing major breaks during February 29, because they'll be SOL if it does.

And if I understand the Fantasyland expansion correctly, when all is said and done, after we lose Snow White's Scary Adventure, the park gains only 1 more attraction.

2 technically, the 2nd dumbo, and the TLM

But both TLM and the Snow White coaster will handle higher capacities that just the current Dumbo and SWSA handles, which barely gets a line anymore.

2 technically, the 2nd dumbo, and the TLM

But both TLM and the Snow White coaster will handle higher capacities that just the current Dumbo and SWSA handles, which barely gets a line anymore.

You would count the 2nd Dumbo as another attraction?