Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of people care about the ride and it is now a relic

This is what I mean by the attractions at MK being untouchable monoliths

They garner a questionable amount of iconography in the Disney ethos. This is an example of it in action.
But, like... there's no closing date. If the rumor is true and this doesn't even close for another few years, this is pretty ridiculous. It's not like it's the final week it's open and merch is limited :lol:

You don’t need to go on the ride to get your eBay stuff though. Both Splash gift shops can be accessed without going on the ride and wasting 4 hours.

These are eBay sellers though:

• Angry
Reactions: Coolbfitz and Freak
That is absolutely ridiculous!! Those people should not be allowed to purchase that much merchandise when it's obvious they just intend to resell it!! I hope they know they look like a$$holes walking out of the park with all that!!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
That is absolutely ridiculous!! Those people should not be allowed to purchase that much merchandise when it's obvious they just intend to resell it!! I hope they know they look like a$$holes walking out of the park with all that!!

Oh, they don't care. They're used to this by now. Ebay sellers are pretty much their own little chunk of the Disney community at this point :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
What in the hell justifies that being $140? Best guess is because they have a monopoly in the online space since Disney probably doesn't sell this stuff online.

What in the hell justifies that being $140? Best guess is because they have a monopoly in the online space since Disney probably doesn't sell this stuff online.
People will overpay for stuff they really want. And there's more cash wanting to be spent out there than many realize. Heck, we've been selling online (not Ebay) limited and/or out of print dvd's that we paid a buck or two for in overstock buys years ago, for two, three , four hundred dollars each , ever since the covid lockdown started. I've been trying to retire that part of the business slowly, but I did more than a years worth of business in April/May alone. Things finally slowed down last week. People are crazy. And on EBay, my nephew, who's in college, has been selling our old movie Tshirts and hats that we have in stock for two to three hundred apiece. :lol:

Last edited:
Two sold :bigeye:

Who would pay that much ... and wouldn't these be CMs buying these? I'll just stop asking questions and go dig through my drawers to see if there's any Splash Mountain junk anywhere.

But, like... there's no closing date. If the rumor is true and this doesn't even close for another few years, this is pretty ridiculous. It's not like it's the final week it's open and merch is limited :lol:
Perception is all that matters. People know "ride is closing" and they buy up all the merch for it.

The ride is very well known in its current form, I'm not surprised by any of this.