Springfield! | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We're already discussing their update here:

http://www.ushforums.com/index.php?/topic/230-micechat-ush-update/#entry5344

I tend to not believe what MiceChat says, everything they say is in a cocky "matter-o-fact" way and rarely comes true, and if it does, they didn't report who broke the news originally. I'm on the fense with the Springfield expansion for us. Only reason I don't want it is that I think visually it looks cheap and I don't like the Simpsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone wondering, we're not saying all this because "ohhh they're a Disney site, we're Universal, let's bad mouth them!". Has nothing to do with them being Disney. Just has to do with how they've done their reporting in the last few years.

Their reporting on wild new rumors causes confusion, arguments, disappointment, gets peoples hopes up or upsets people, and probably even causes tension with Disney. It gets page views and gets pages of discussion, which can be fun, but it causes lots of confusion for those who read too far into their rumors.

This is probably one of the few reasons why Jon and the IU crew do not like rumors or reporting on them, especially random ones like what MC does usually.

So I guess MiceChat wasn't too far off...just not entirely accurate.

Anyone want to speculate on the timeline for Springfield to be completed?

I feel the carnival games will be relatively quick and can be completed by March.  The food court will be lucky for April, but possibly June.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess MiceChat wasn't too far off...just not entirely accurate.

Anyone want to speculate on the timeline for Springfield to be completed?

I feel the carnival games will be relatively quick and can be completed by March.  The food court will be lucky for April, but possibly June.
They were way off. They speculated that Springfield would be opened in phases, with part one opened during the holiday season.

The plan was ALWAYS summer/fall 2014.

Reactions: Chris