Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield

Feb 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
There isn't really a specific topic set for this, so I thought I'd start one.

First off, I have a question: Since the bathroom expansion adjacent to Krustyland is rumored to be just that - bathrooms - do you guys think the exterior will be themed at all as part of this rumored Simpsons expansion/overlay?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe Krusty and I are the only two here who would really want this. I would be quite jazzed if Springfield or some form of it would come here. I want Krusty burgers and a Flaming Moe!!!!

The food and drinks from Springfield in Florida are great! I'd love them. I don't like the theme of Simpsons though (too 2D and cartoony/cheap/flat looking for a theme park) and too much of an overload of The Simpsons theme...

Did this comment shock and surprise you? ;)

I personally don't think USH is big enough for an entire Springfield. Keep Krustyland in FL and bring back IFT here 8D;;;

I'm completely torn on this topic! One part of me (the diehard Simpsons fan) thinks a Springfield expansion would be the COOLEST thing ever. I would kill to eat at Krustyburger! But the other part of me really likes everything the way it is now. I think there's a nice variety of themes on the upper lot and I think a Springfield expansion would be too much Simpsons. And I'd really miss Doc Brown's.

I'd be happy enough if we just got the Krusty walkaround. Haha.

I'm pretty sure Energon will be opening with the grand opening in Florida. That's what I've heard. Besides, that shouldn't stop them. Disney has almost the same drink in Carsland and in Fantasy Fair with a slight foam variation.

I want and don't want a Simpsons expansion...

On one hand, a Simpsons expansion sounds great because that area of the park is disjointed in theme. You've got the Simpsons ride with a Kwik-E Mart and all those differently themed eateries. Back to the Future (going away, I guess), the Flintstones, El Pollo Loco, Mexican food, Italian food, etc. Expanding the Simpsons in that area would unify the theme more.

On the other hand, although I'm a fan of the ride, the Simpsons aren't my favorite. I won't deny the hilarity of the Simpsons, but I would prefer something else.

for me i'm split as I think of two things like that it could work as universal will have mini areas now with ssfl, universal plaza and in 2016 twwohp so for consumer wise I wouldn't mind but when it comes I don't want to see it for me but I know universal Hollywood is planning it so to be quite honest i'm going to say I never want to see this but I think it will have to come for 2014 if they're if i'm right 2014 is the year of family fun with desipable me, a possible redo on shreks que, and most likely springfield but no kang and kudos.

Unfortunately that would be the FIRST thing they'd remove for an expansion.

I still think we don't have room for it. The food row of Springfield in Florida is all literally in a row. Here, the existing restaurants are all over the place. I hope everything stays as is....

I'd be willing to move forward and welcome a Simpson's expansion. although it would mean the last of the Back to the Future theme in the upper lot going away, I could say its been a great run had some fun memories but I can let go. The Mexican cantina and the Amityville themed souviner shop looks like its degrading with time. With old bruce hanging there I'd prefer if they moved him over to where the dodgers stadium seating is. those seats are slowly breaking apart anyway :p . I'm fine with our springfield just being a food court type area. We don't need a kang and kodos ride seeing that Super Silly Funland is getting a flat ride of its own.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/06/11/4938019/universal-studios-hollywood-announces.html

If we get a Simpsons expansion/overlay, it wouldn't be exactly what USF has. They'd probably scrap the food court idea and actually create 3-5 separate restaurants. Kang and Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl is out of the question, in my opinion. I'd be much happier if Bruce was moved to the Dodger Stadium seating - they could just take that stuff out along with Dodger Dogs and Curious George, considering they're all adjacent to each other. That whole area kinda needs a refresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce will be/should be moved to an area where he won't interfere with the Wizarding World construction, so Dodger seating and curious George concessions will probably be bulldozed over anyway.

And yeah, I think SSFL is our "springfield" as well, only better (i hope!).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe we'll get a micro version of Springfield, with it only replacing Doc Brown's and Cinnabon. Doc Browns will either be Cletus' Chicken and/or Krusty Burger, and maybe Cinnabon will be a walk-up Moe's? I simply don't see us getting a lot from Florida In that awkward area.

They definitely can but....gahh, I just think that's too much, and Louie's and Cantina (and Docs) are all quite popular and always busy AS-IS so....idk, I just don't think it's necessary here in Hollywood. One Springfield eatery MAX is good enough. I'd rather the money be spent on other stuff.

They definitely can but....gahh, I just think that's too much, and Louie's and Cantina (and Docs) are all quite popular and always busy AS-IS so....idk, I just don't think it's necessary here in Hollywood. One Springfield eatery MAX is good enough. I'd rather the money be spent on other stuff.
I hear ya. I guess I'm getting greedy and wanting everything! :D