Star Wars: Eclipse | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Eclipse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Incredibly torn on it because of QD. I don't want to give them any form of cash because of their methods on workplace behaviors being on par with Activision/Blizzard, UBI, and so many others.

Hope it's good, but I won't play it.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Honestly, I really dislike super cinematic trailers with zero gameplay, which is most of what The Game Awards was this year. I've got no clue what this game is even going to be. The trailer didn't need to sell me on the world of Star Wars, most people know Star Wars already. What is the game going to play like?

Already not a huge Star Wars guy, count me not interested, especially given the developer.

Do we know if Fallen Order still getting its sequel?

I know rumors have persisted on that being what Respawn is working on next, would be shocked if it wasn't.

Honestly, I really dislike super cinematic trailers with zero gameplay, which is most of what The Game Awards was this year. I've got no clue what this game is even going to be. The trailer didn't need to sell me on the world of Star Wars, most people know Star Wars already. What is the game going to play like?

Already not a huge Star Wars guy, count me not interested, especially given the developer.

And I'd agree to that. Sonic Frontiers, Hellblade, and for all intents the tech demo that is The Matrix Awakens were the highlights. And I genuinely hope we see more of QD's title, but it has no interest to me for just how bad QD's execs view their staff forces.

It's a weird aspect, one that doesn't sit well.

With the trailer alone, at first glance it looks neat, but then you see QD is behind it and it's no longer neat.
This is a Monkey Paw situation for anyone wanting a different studio other than EA behind a Star Wars game.

All of their games are basically “QTE: The Game.” They do gritty, overwritten Telltale Games.

You can also add "Nowhere near as fun" in comparison to Telltales Games.

To no surprise whatsoever, there's already reports of development issues with this game.

The main bulk of the issues is the game's engine, which was designed for small, confined levels with limited numbers of AI. It's not compatible with Eclipse apparently being a multi-planet hopping/open world game. They're also having trouble with multi-player elements since QD has never made a multi-player game before, something which the engine can't handle either.

On top of that, due to the issues with the engine, there's no playable version of the game, and the game has been in development for about 18 months. QD has been trying to find someone to acquire them in order to get resources for a new/different engine, but there haven't been any buyers, most likely due to the various allegations on them. The same can be said for them having trouble hiring staff as well.

Everything that's been shown so far is most likely in hopes of attracting workers and/or attracting someone to acquire the studio.