Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

So I finally did Galaxy's Edge and it was better than I expected with a lot of the nay-saying online. Getting up at 4:30 AM so I can be there for extra extra magic hours starting at 6 AM was rough, but worth it. I ended up in the first session of Hondo's briefing around 6:10 and got on again quickly again through single rider.

The area is beautiful similarly to Diagon Alley with a Star Wars feel. However, I feel like Batuu has more of a surburban spread vs the verticality of Diagon. The Blue Milk was fine, but it's no butterbeer (or Dole Whip, which is my favorite and cheaper than both). Ronto Wrap was delicious and surprisingly filling. It was so good I almost got 2.

If they add more structured entertainment than the roaming stormtroopers and couple characters. It bummed me out not being able to do an actual meet and greet of Kylo Ren (call it an interrogation chamber or something).

We did both the lightsaber and droid building experience and both enjoyed them. It's 2/3s of a great land but I feel like with a few more actors and entertainment after Rise opens, they'll get there.

You guys complaining about the land is dead. Well Anakin visited Galaxy’s Edge and he has the high ground.

If I went to SWGE and saw him there.... my life would be made. Say what you want about the prequels but I grew up on them, to see Anakin, in a Star Wars land, literally dreams coming true haha.

If I went to SWGE and saw him there.... my life would be made. Say what you want about the prequels but I grew up on them, to see Anakin, in a Star Wars land, literally dreams coming true haha.
Well after his last movie The Last Man that made $ 12,047.- (the cost of 1 sign in Galaxy Edge) I'm sure they could hire him. I even think you could hire him for a day to visit GE. ;)

I went back to GE last week for the first time since previews and it was definitely quieter then I thought it’d be. Also got to go in Oga’s for the first time, I love the atmosphere in there but I didn’t care for how cramped it was, and I really didn’t like my drink at all. I’d definitely go back again and give the other drinks a try though.

That said I’m still really excited for ROTR and I hope it’s everything it sounds like it could be. I just want this land to find it’s footing.

Going to Galaxy's Edge for the first time Saturday--very excited. I booked Savi's for my husband for our anniversary and he is geeking out. We haven't been to Disney lately with Hagrid's and HHN happening at Universal, so should be a nice change of pace! Any particular drinks ya'll recommend at Oga's?

I booked Savi's for my husband for our anniversary and he is geeking out. We haven't been to Disney lately with Hagrid's and HHN happening at Universal, so should be a nice change of pace! Any particular drinks ya'll recommend at Oga's?

Oga’s will most likely feel cramped but crowd aside it feels like something from the movies.

For the drinks, do not expect a culinary delight. They’re all premixed and poured from a tap so I just went with What base liquor I liked: I did the Yub Nub for rum (they offered to get it without the souvenir mug) and the Fuzzy Tauntaun for vodka. For the foam on top, it really does make your lips and tongue feel numb as if you’re drunk but it’s really the foam. Cool sensation but wears off quickly so you don’t feel worse for wear.

Going to Galaxy's Edge for the first time Saturday--very excited. I booked Savi's for my husband for our anniversary and he is geeking out. We haven't been to Disney lately with Hagrid's and HHN happening at Universal, so should be a nice change of pace! Any particular drinks ya'll recommend at Oga's?
I liked the Blue Milk better at Oga’s, but that may have been due to the cookie it comes with. Have fun, and hope he has a ball geeking out!

403F38B7-5748-4B2D-AC2B-1DE16BEF7A75.jpeg

Last edited:

Wanna do something weird? Fuzzy Taun Taun.

I like the Yub Nub, Outer rim and Jedi mind trick.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We had a blast and he totally shed a couple tears. The lightsaber experience was really cool (though when he bought a lighter colored crystal we discovered the blade had a rogue reddish orange band in it and had to go back today on our way out of town to replace it).
We really enjoyed Oga's. I got the Fuzzy Tauntaun because it sounded good and wanted to novelty experience. Really liked the one! I also got the Bespin Fizz since I enjoy rum-based drinks. My husband got a Tauntaun and Outer Rim. Not surprised I hated the latter since I don't do tequila, but he really liked it. A fun but expensive experience (no surprise there lol). Would go back again, though.

I want to bring this up because I've been seeing this go around. While I think the majority consensus is the land is not performing to Disney's expectations and has issues, this is garbage data. What is a crowd index? How is it determined? What's the meaning of any of it. It's just bad pseudo-science.

Is that just tracking opening days? That seems like a terrible way to judge a land lol. I for one happily point out the issues with SWGE but I think that is a totally unfair way to judge it.

On Disney’s Q3 2019 Earnings Call, Iger stated Galaxy's Edge didn't performed as they hoped. That is just a fact.
Too cocky from the get go. "We don't even need to market this, we'll just tweet its open and people will flock". Idk man I hate that kind of talk way to demean the people. I try to not hope for the worst for people, but idk what they expected when they cut all their entertainment and only opened 1 of the 2 rides. I really don't get what they think. I watched a full walkthrough of the land and its impressive on an immersion level from what I can see, and obviously visually pleasing, but theres nothing there but tons of wasted space. Feels like an expanded Star Wars shopping mall without more entertainment and another ride. Really just weird, this entire SWGE thing. Im so interested to try it, but the way Disney has handled this has been a turn off. If Universal execs said "ya we got another wizaridng world ride crowds will come we aren't worry, so we won't market it!" how ridiculous would that sound? Then they budget cut half of it, take out half of the ride, etc. Just poor management and they're paying for it.