Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Yes. The third quarter ended in June. Disney's fourth quarter is July, August, September. Disney starts their 'fiscal year' on Oct. 1 (or thereabouts). The fourth quarter report comes out today at 4:00PM.

Last edited:
Leaving in two hours for WDW, and then Universal at the end of the trip. Looking forward to experiencing GESWL and spending more time at Pandora and Toy Story Land than last year's brief, 4 parks in one day encounter, allowed me to do. And then, Hagrid's at Universal of course. But primarily we're in Orlando to enjoy all the Holiday stuff at the parks. After last year's Holiday trip, it's definitely our favorite time to tour the parks....So,as is my usual policy, I will be internet dark until I return. :toast: Enjoy your Forum discussions. :thumbsup:

Leaving in two hours for WDW, and then Universal at the end of the trip. Looking forward to experiencing GESWL and spending more time at Pandora and Toy Story Land than last year's brief, 4 parks in one day encounter, allowed me to do. And then, Hagrid's at Universal of course. But primarily we're in Orlando to enjoy all the Holiday stuff at the parks. After last year's Holiday trip, it's definitely our favorite time to tour the parks....So,as is my usual policy, I will be internet dark until I return. :toast: Enjoy your Forum discussions. :thumbsup:
And you enjoy your trip! Can't wait to read your reports when you're back on. Have the most wonderful time!

Have fun on your trip!

What’s your plan of attack for Galaxy’s Edge? What are you most looking forward to?

Have fun on your trip!

What’s your plan of attack for Galaxy’s Edge? What are you most looking forward to?
I'm going to be there mostly in the evenings since it appears to be at it's best then. I'm not into the light saber or robot extra charge stuff. Way too expensive for stuff I don't really have any interest in. I like exploring the nooks and crannies of lands, like I do at Diagon, so I'll probably be in the marketplace more than anywhere else.

Lot's of new promotional material up at MCO:
star-wars-galaxys-edge-orlando-airport-mco-5-1024x683.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-orlando-airport-mco-3-1024x683.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-orlando-airport-mco-2-1024x683.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-orlando-airport-mco-1-1024x683.jpg

star-wars-galaxys-edge-orlando-airport-mco-4-1024x683.jpg

Out-of-this-World Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Promotional Material Now Installed at Orlando International Airport

Galaxy’s Edge picked up 4 Themed Entertaiment Awards at IAAPA this week and today, the original composition for the land was nominated for a Grammy.

Savi’s, Droid Depot, Smugglers Run and Galaxy’s Edge as a whole are what were awarded.

Galaxy’s Edge picked up 4 Themed Entertaiment Awards at IAAPA this week and today, the original composition for the land was nominated for a Grammy.

Savi’s, Droid Depot, Smugglers Run and Galaxy’s Edge as a whole are what we’re awarded.
Attended a talk with Scott Trowbridge and the team at the Expo today. Hearing them explain the thought process behind everything was fascinating.

Also, Scott kept saying, “we’re just getting started” and “there’s still more to come” and “you haven’t seen anything yet”, which was both exciting and ominous.

Also, I got their autographs, woohoo!

Attended a talk with Scott Trowbridge and the team at the Expo today. Hearing them explain the thought process behind everything was fascinating.

Also, Scott kept saying, “we’re just getting started” and “there’s still more to come” and “you haven’t seen anything yet”, which was both exciting and ominous.

"We're just getting started! We have more budget cuts and creative ways to rename everything to come!" LOL

Thanks to Theme Park Insider:

I have a very particular opinion about this talk but I won't express it.

Feels more like a “this is what we wanted!” than a talk about what we got. Felt like there was a giant elephant in the room.

FWIW, I have heard that there is a lot more to the land than has been unveiled/activated yet. Some pretty cool interactive stuff should be coming online in the not to distant future. Probably not when RotR opens but maybe Jan./Feb.
Yes, Anisha Deshmane had hinted at a lot more for the datapad and interactivity to come as well.

Also, Margaret Kerrison, Head of Story, spoke about how the movies, TV shows, comic books etc will continue to tell stories that intertwine with Black Spire and its characters. And that could mean adding additional elements to the land from the new media—or, adding elements FROM the land in new media.

So, it sounds like they really wanted to create a land not based on an existing place or a time from the older trilogies, mainly so they could keep evolving it as the story progresses.

Yes, Anisha Deshmane had hinted at a lot more for the datapad and interactivity to come as well.

Also, Margaret Kerrison, Head of Story, spoke about how the movies, TV shows, comic books etc will continue to tell stories that intertwine with Black Spire and its characters. And that could mean adding additional elements to the land from the new media—or, adding elements FROM the land in new media.

So, it sounds like they really wanted to create a land not based on an existing place or a time from the older trilogies, mainly so they could keep evolving it as the story progresses.
You know that they will eventually shoot some scenes for a Disney+ Star Wars tv show on Batuu. Sort of like The Goldburgs going to WDW.

As someone who has not been, but will be going, to Batuu I have been outspoken that I wish it was a land from the movies and there was more direct tie in to the films (especially the older ones, which ya know, IS why we all love Star Wars) I am somewhat okay with this. I like the idea of the land never being done being added to, as most lands should be to some extent. Hope we get more of the entertainment as well.