Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Also, Margaret Kerrison, Head of Story, spoke about how the movies, TV shows, comic books etc will continue to tell stories that intertwine with Black Spire and its characters. And that could mean adding additional elements to the land from the new media—or, adding elements FROM the land in new media.

The first sign of synergy has already started: Savi's Workshop lightsabers are lightsaber parts you can fnd and wield in the new video game Jedi Fallen Order.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge shows up in 'The Mandalorian' and 'Fallen Order'

I know it's just code, but I do appreciate that level of detail.

Last edited:
Concerning crowds in DHS GESWL. We spent over a dozen hours in GESWL over parts of 4 days at DHS. We were there in the mornings, afternoons & evenings. Touring Plans had projected low to lower level moderate crowds during a week that is traditionally slow. I expected to see glimpses of what many photos of Disneyland's GESWL showed at varying times in the summer, namely parts of the day when crowds were a bit sparse, and parts of the day with moderate crowds. Surprisingly, and the weather was not very good, GESWL was jammed every single time we were in the land, at all times of the day and night. The crowds were quite dense, even tough to walk through. The land, at 14 1/2 acres is the same size as Hogsmeade, but it has way way more public foot and walking spaces. This really caught me off guard..I spent a lot of time in the land and we rode Smugglers Run 7 times since we both liked it a lot, again an unexpected reaction by me. I'll do a full review in a day or two.

Concerning crowds in DHS GESWL. We spent over a dozen hours in GESWL over parts of 4 days at DHS. We were there in the mornings, afternoons & evenings. Touring Plans had projected low to lower level moderate crowds during a week that is traditionally slow. I expected to see glimpses of what many photos of Disneyland's GESWL showed at varying times in the summer, namely parts of the day when crowds were a bit sparse, and parts of the day with moderate crowds. Surprisingly, and the weather was not very good, GESWL was jammed every single time we were in the land, at all times of the day and night. The crowds were quite dense, even tough to walk through. The land, at 14 1/2 acres is the same size as Hogsmeade, but it has way way more public foot and walking spaces. This really caught me off guard..I spent a lot of time in the land and we rode Smugglers Run 7 times since we both liked it a lot, again an unexpected reaction by me. I'll do a full review in a day or two.
Shhhh! That doesn’t fit the narrative!

What were the wait times for Smuggler's Run like, roughly?

Not OC but when I was there on Sunday I believe the lowest I saw the wait time go down to was 75 minutes. The line stretched out of the building and wrapped by the front of the Falcon, with a CM holding a sign to mark where the queue was. Seriously debated going on it later in the night but around 8:30ish it was up to 110 minutes.

I was there way before the Thanksgiving weekend crowds (WDW 11/13/19 through 11/ 19/19 during a time when the Touring Plans crowd predictions for DHS ranged from 1 to 5 levels (10 being the highest, and actual crowds ended up higher than TP predictions), and generally the 'actual' SR wait was about two thirds of the posted wait times. Our 'actual' waits in standby ranged from 40 minutes to 65 minutes. We did single rider once and that was apx. 30-35 minutes. Toy Story Land was also very jammed consistently. DHS had way more people than I've ever seen in that park. B&B and IJ shows were 100% filled . The crowds were everywhere in the park.

Last edited:
When Journey into Imagination has a 50 minute wait in a park with nothing new and nothing really going on (the microsecond interval between festivals), it's an indication that EVERYTHING is busy. Especially with locals off school this week, it's an opportunity to check out the new ride.

Question for the folks here: anybody know where we can currently get the Spira medallion/gift card? I'd heard Droid Depot was apparently the place at one time, but I've also heard you can't get them there anymore. Any leads? Since I know I'm going to be spending a few hundred dollars at Galaxy's Edge, I thought these might be fun little souvenirs to bring back for some friends who aren't going on the trip.

Question for the folks here: anybody know where we can currently get the Spira medallion/gift card? I'd heard Droid Depot was apparently the place at one time, but I've also heard you can't get them there anymore. Any leads? Since I know I'm going to be spending a few hundred dollars at Galaxy's Edge, I thought these might be fun little souvenirs to bring back for some friends who aren't going on the trip.
I got mine at the register outside in front of Savi's, but that was opening day. I wonder if they were only available for a limited time—or, just ran out of stock?