Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Magic is saying they've heard the Star Wars Far Far Away stage show at the hub will be ending sometime this month, thus freeing up entertainment money that can be used to add live entertainment to Batuu. Good move if true :thumbsup: . Many of us on IU have said that should be happening since last summer. That stage show was pure duplication once GESWL opened. Plus that ugly stage obscured the sight lines of the Chinese Theater.

Hallelujah. I've always disliked this show and thought it was fairly soulless. A star wars fashion show more than anything.
Yes, it sucked. Alene refused to even stand there & watch it. She said it was stupid. Only time I saw the whole show was when she had to talk to a relative on the phone for a bit. The show was so bad I felt embarrassed for the cast.

Yes, get rid of Launch Bay... makes no sense over there anymore.
Launch bay won’t go yet. Not until they have a ride concept or something they plan on doing with the land. I want to see them demo the building as much as the next person, but maybe in the meantime we can at least get a Mando M&G?

Well friday the 13th' was my 1st time visiting galaxy's edge. Of course I did not get to ride rise, but everything else was just... fine for me and my group. Theming was great but we all left feeling sooo underwhelmed. My group was a lot more tough on it than me, and when we went to potter it was just a night and day difference in their mood. I know now the Dead feeling people were speaking of the land. They gotta do something man it's a shame.

All I know is that a version of Galaxy's Edge -- executed at the same level of quality and budget but based on the Original Trilogy -- in the Indy plot, plus a massive Pixar Place expansion with Radiator Springs Racers and the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster, would have been better than what ended up happening (even though I'd be upset that Indiana Jones' presence in WDW would be gone).

I say that as a big fan of the current Galaxy's Edge and as somebody who doesn't dislike Toy Story Land.

All I know is that a version of Galaxy's Edge -- executed at the same level of quality and budget but based on the Original Trilogy -- in the Indy plot, plus a massive Pixar Place expansion with Radiator Springs Racers and the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster, would have been better than what ended up happening (even though I'd be upset that Indiana Jones' presence in WDW would be gone).

I say that as a big fan of the current Galaxy's Edge and as somebody who doesn't dislike Toy Story Land.

Considering the original rumored plans included a tie fighter spinner, I really really really really really really doubt that it would be "executed at the same level of quality and budget" of SWGE.

I'm...um..not sad that it isn't Tatooine
I'm not really either. The only thing I want is for Disney to drop the timeline of being between 8 & 9 and i'm fine with the land. I want the land to be a true outer rim planet that it's supposed to be. Hell, in the books, Batuu is now connected to the clone wars and so is Vader. It would be the perfect spot for The Mandolorian. It's really just a shame they're stuck between such a small window in time when the SW Universe is so large and has so much to pull from.