Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think so much of this will come down to how they bill the experience and how they execute it. I could absolutely see them creating packages similar to how they do their Land and Sea packages: X days on the Disney Cruise Line and X days in the parks.

Disney's Worlds of Adventures vacation package: Enjoy a 2 night stay aboard an intergalactic spaceship where you and your family will travel lightyears, fighting the First Order™️, on your way to the planet of Batuu™️ at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge™️. Then relax with a 5 night stay at a Walt Disney World Resort™️ hotel and conquer new adventures at Walt Disney World's™️ four world-class theme parks!

Every indication is you spend only 2 or 3 nights here. During which time you are immersed in Star Wars. No MK, no pool day (unless there's an indoor space pool), no dinner at Disney Springs. Then most will likely transfer to a different WDW hotel for the remainder of their trip, at which time they'll enjoy the rest of the resort.

I can see Star Wars fans going for this. It's the less enthusiastic members of their families who are going to be the issue here.
God I hope there's an indoor space pool

The Hotel is supposed to be a spaceship taking you to Batuu where you will have adventures along the way for the 2 or 3 days you spend immersed in the story (never leaving the Hotel) which ends when you arrive at Batuu. It is not supposed to be a normal hotel with a pool etc its a highly themed attraction essentially.

Then they shouldn’t call this a hotel. Makes that Jim Hill rumor of “The Star Wars Experience” name for the land make more sense here.

God I hope there's an indoor space pool

Theming could be really cool, but I have to assume all the accompanying regulations (posted rules, lifeguards in uniform) would defeat the sense of story. Also thinking the idea is that you spend whatever free time you are allotted in Star Wars Land. But really this is an entirely new concept, so none of us know yet.

I don’t see why they couldn’t still have life guards and pool safety songs in space.

I’ll be really surprised if the hotel doesn’t have a pool.

I don't know how you handle interactions with Master Jediguy with hundreds of guests and make it feel personal. Unless they break you up into groups of like 20 rooms, but that's 5x the Equity actors. Costs add up quick. And not sure how you keep any semblance of a story with so many pieces of it being told out of order.

I'm with Joe, can't make a call until we know more. I do wonder tho if show writers are grappling with these issues right now.

I don't know how you handle interactions with Master Jediguy with hundreds of guests and make it feel personal. Unless they break you up into groups of like 20 rooms, but that's 5x the Equity actors. Costs add up quick. And not sure how you keep any semblance of a story with so many pieces of it being told out of order.

I'm with Joe, can't make a call until we know more. I do wonder tho if show writers are grappling with these issues right now.

Yeah, like many new things at Disney Parks, it's gonna be a clusterfuck once the train leaves the station.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m becoming more convinced that the hotel will have a phase 2 with more rooms.

Why? There’s no way that Disney can successfully play test this out at a big enough scale. If they can, call me super impressed. I think they’re going to treat phase 1 as a giant beta test.

Once phase 2 is up, they’ll understand how to best do this at scale. And then, they can apply that knowledge to all kinds of new hotels and experiences.

Reactions: JunoSynth
Damn, this sounds like a Space Prison Ship to me. Loss of freedom/Can't leave = Jail.May as well give the guests orange jumpsuits.....Who the hell would want to do that. :crazy:
This is not meant to be your average hotel stay. This is to be akin to a Cruise ship vacation where there will likely be set stay dates and there probably won't be too many rooms. I'd guess about 150 max.

Considering i'm willing to bet there will be a dedicated entrance to SW:GE from the hotel as well, I think Star Wars fans will eat this up. It gives those who may be coming just to see Galaxy's Edge the "Full Experience" while Disney makes buckets of money on it. There are tons of Star Wars fans that love playing dress up at conventions as is so it's right down that alley.

We still don't know what all is included yet. Can't say it's nuts until we know everything about it. All we have is a few pieces of concept art and tree clearing for the hotel site.

Is this a viable strategy outside of a big property like Star Wars though? Absolutely not.

The only other properties I could see this working with is Marvel or Harry Potter and I'm sure Anaheim and Universal will be watching this project closely.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The only other properties I could see this working with is Marvel or Harry Potter and I'm sure Anaheim and Universal will be watching this project closely.
I've heard that Universal has had sketchy plans for a very small Diagon connected hotel for some time. They've just not decided on whether to finalize it. So, yes, I bet they'll watch to see how SWL pans out.

Reactions: Scott W.