Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea. I think Disney could have a problem when it comes to merch sales at the land due to the ubiquitous nature of SW merch, and I think the SW hotel is a long-term dud idea, but people are going to show up for the land, at least for a year or two

I think the SW hotel is a fantastic idea. With the explosion of cosplay going mainstream and gaming type of events, an interactive space to have your own Star Wars adventure can be amazing. My girlfriend only started exposure to SW with Force Awakens and is ready to book a room as soon as its available. I think that will have significant pull.

I think the SW hotel is a fantastic. With the explosion of cosplay going mainstream and gaming type of events, an interactive space to have your own Star Wars adventure can be amazing. My girlfriend only started exposure to SW with Force Awakens and is ready to book a room as soon as its available. I think that will have significant pull.

Yea, I think you're in the extreme minority. Plus, most of the things you're talking about aren't extremely expensive like the SW hotel will be.

Yea, I think you're in the extreme minority. Plus, most of the things you're talking about aren't extremely expensive like the SW hotel will be.
So you are thinking this will be the most expensive hotel at WDW? By how much? Compared to GF or the Poly?

I guess it's possible. Bottom end at GF approaches $600 a night up over $2K for suites. Apparently they are still getting bookings.

So you are thinking this will be the most expensive hotel at WDW? By how much? Compared to GF or the Poly?
It's rumored to be $1000+ PER PERSON for 2-3 night stays.

As I keep hammering home, they're going for a cruise ship type experience, thus the per person price tag. I personally think there will only be something like 60 rooms (totally guess) for the hotel. I think they are going to try to keep this very boutique and IF this somehow ends up failing, as I said above, they will still have the chance to convert it into a regular hotel.

This is pretty much a no risk gamble for Disney in my eyes. If it's popular you have a money making machine, if not, you still have a hotel right at the edge of DHS with a private entrance.

I think the entire point of the hotel is to make it a smaller scale and intimate experience and to personalize the stories people partake in. The quest technology, however implemented, is at least scalable for further use outside the hotel but given the potentially high touch needed to do a real immersive environment, it's going for the wallet of the luxury market for those who want something they can't do anywhere else.

In my opinion (which means nothing), I'd say comparable costs would be a equivalent number of nights on a Disney cruise rather than a hotel stay.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think the entire point of the hotel is to make it a smaller scale and intimate experience and to personalize the stories people partake in. The quest technology, however implemented, is at least scalable for further use outside the hotel but given the potentially high touch needed to do a real immersive environment, it's going for the wallet of the luxury market for those who want something they can't do anywhere else.

How many "Luxury market" Star Wars nerd LARPers are there? 20? 30? :lol:

Reactions: SeventyOne
Okay, throwing out the LARPing aspect, how many people are lining up to drop thousands of dollars on a hotel with no outdoor pool? No windows?
They may not be lining up to stay there, but if they are smart and they keep the room count low, I see it filling up pretty regularly. I can see big SW fans doing vacations that just involve this, no other part of WDW.

They may not be lining up to stay there, but if they are smart and they keep the room count low, I see it filling up pretty regularly. I can see big SW fans doing vacations that just involve this, no other part of WDW.
Yep. A cursory search shows there are many millions of fans worldwide. If 5% can afford it they will be standing in line to book it. Which said line I won't be in.

While we're on the topic, I should say that when I say they're going after the cruise ship model, I mean right down to the nitty-gritty. Like daily activity maps and a 3-Day itinerary that may look like this:

Day 1: Orlando
Day 2: Batuu (Entry to Galaxy's Edge included in cost of Hotel stay)
Day 3: Space Day (Formal night - or whatever a SW Hotel version of Formal Night is)

At 60 rooms, based on 2-3 peeps per room (most likely closer to 2 per room) that's 50k a year to fully book. That's 5% of a million. So let's say .50 of the fan base realistically.

At 60 rooms, based on 2-3 peeps per room (most likely closer to 2 per room) that's 50k a year to fully book. That's 5% of a million. So let's say .50 of the fan base realistically.
Just as a reminder, I basically just threw the 60 number out there as a guess. I have heard it will be low though.

Reactions: Ridgepole
Was just attaching numbers to the speculation. Was thinking there might be more than 20-30 interested fans. Basing on 5% of fans doing it that's a ten year run not counting revisits and new fans, before they milk it dry and repurpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick