Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Knowing that every second for Disney is $$$ for them, just putting out there as a silly thought, would they even go the route of not open every day if the week to "reset"? Let's say non-premium price "flight" Tues-Thurs, premium priced "flight" Fri-Sun, Monday reset day.

Edit: And as mentioned by others, treating it like a cruise, everyone "checks-in" at the same. Seing people checking in and out while you're supposed in space would not go with the theme..

Last edited:
Edit: And as mentioned by others, treating it like a cruise, everyone "checks-in" at the same. Seing people checking in and out while you're supposed in space would not go with the theme..

There are plenty of spaceports in Star Wars! I don't see an issue with the first floor being Batuu/Earth.

From the Press Release for the Bay Lake Resort:

Seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an immersive Star Wars-inspired destination will also be built at Walt Disney World Resort. This first-of-its-kind resort will be a completely immersive experience into an authentic Star Wars story as guests depart together for a multiday adventure aboard their starship. Guests will interact with characters as they become active citizens of the galaxy, dressed in proper attire as stories unfold all around them.

takemymoney.jpg

From the Press Release for the Bay Lake Resort:

Seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an immersive Star Wars-inspired destination will also be built at Walt Disney World Resort. This first-of-its-kind resort will be a completely immersive experience into an authentic Star Wars story as guests depart together for a multiday adventure aboard their starship. Guests will interact with characters as they become active citizens of the galaxy, dressed in proper attire as stories unfold all around them.

Multi-day...means minimum stay for sure. I'm guessing 3 night minimum, maybe even maximum? This thing is going to be impossible to get a reservation for, and will become the new "wake up at 7am and book your room. 12 months in advance".

I also bet that resort guests will have "exclusive' access to the park in some fashion, and park tickets will be included in the hotel price. Annual pass holders "may" get a discount.

I'm sure since the hotel will be so close to the actual land inside the park, guests will get either early entry or be allowed exclusive access once the park closes.
Yea, not sure when, probably early morning access, but one of the hotel's selling points already is the way it will be connected to the land:

Reactions: therock
story as guests depart together
Yea, not sure when, probably early morning access, but one of the hotel's selling points already is the way it will be connected to the land:

right, so that's why I think tickets will be included with the hotel rate. It will make the entire thing "seamless".

it just opens some additional questions...
Will they be able to visit "other" parks? or is it DHS only?
Will Annual Passholders get a discount to compensate the ticket price?

I could see them doing "early morning hours" for hotel guests only, and maybe a "paid-early morning" option for non-hotel guests. For just SWL.

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
I also wonder how the costumes work...once again my guess is this is a new version of the Princess dress up experience. where you pick your outfit and then keep your clothes (once again included in the hotel price).

This thing is going to be SUPER expensive. It can't even imagine how much.

Anyone want to take a guess?

Reactions: Alicia
I could see them doing "early morning hours" for hotel guests only, and maybe a "paid-early morning" option for non-hotel guests. For just SWL.
That sounds like what they'll do.

it just opens some additional questions...
Will they be able to visit "other" parks? or is it DHS only?
Probably will include DHS only, as this is an inclusive experience, not a regular hotel resort. You're supposed to be trapped in this resort for the 2-3 day experience, and not do anything else during that time. Like being trapped on a Cruise Ship, and your time spent on Batuu is like when a cruise docks at port for extra activities.

If you were to leave to go to other parks or dinner at Olive Garden one night, you would theoretically be wasting part of your money as the experience itself is meant to last your whole stay... Not only to keep the illusion of being in space/on a planet, but also to get the most out of the crazy amounts of money you're paying for this experience.

Will Annual Passholders get a discount to compensate the ticket price?
They probably don't have to, and may not offer discounts for years, if ever. But that's just a guess.

When it's an all inclusive price, they don't offer discounts for the parts you don't want or need. Another example of an all-exclusive experience is Discovery Cove. Tickets to Discovery Cove include a free pass to Aquatica/SeaWorld, but I already have access to those parks with my Annual Pass, but there's no discount to remove those free tickets. And discounts on passes, just like resorts at WDW, are usually the same for Florida residents as they are for passholders.

This thing is going to be SUPER expensive. It can't even imagine how much.

Anyone want to take a guess?
$1000/person per day, with minimum 2-day experiences available, and maybe max 4 or 5-day experiences available.

Reactions: HPFred
I can't imagine going to Hollywood Studios more than one day in a row...lol. Maybe that will change.

Do you think you’ll be able to wander about this hotel like the other Disney hotels?

I highly doubt it. I'm expecting fairly tight security around this place. It will be very exclusive.

If you were to leave to go to other parks or dinner at Olive Garden one night, you would theoretically be wasting part of your money as the experience itself is meant to last your whole stay... Not only to keep the illusion of being in space/on a planet, but also to get the most out of the crazy amounts of money you're paying for this experience.

Yes, they will likely include meals as well to encourage you never leave your space prison....uhh I mean hotel room with no windows.

Still wondering how the pool works. Would have to be indoors. I can imagine a really amazing pool with a "glass top" that has a giant screen to simulate space above you.

I was thinking $2,200 for the weekend per guest. 3 day stay only. I'm thinking the "other" hotel guests will play a part in the story, so everyone will need to be somewhat on the same schedule.
Maybe it'll have a consulate out front for guests looking for details, but access to the "ship" is by reservation only.

That’s what I’m thinking as well. With the constant reinforcement of keeping the theme alive and having robes to walk about in, the last thing they want is a sweaty Scot walking about the lobby looking for a bar to check things out with no intention of ever staying there.

I was thinking $2,200 for the weekend per guest. 3 day stay only. I'm thinking the "other" hotel guests will play a part in the story, so everyone will need to be somewhat on the same schedule.
For that kind of money I want to play Dejarik with a Wookie and sleep in Han's pajamas in the millennium falcon.

The quote I got from someone involved with the project was $1000 per person for a 2 night stay/experience which would be all inclusive.
Sounds like this will be a cruise ship experience. Everyone is loaded on/into at the same time/day, you do the thing and all disembark/leave the same morning so they can load it again by nightfall/sailing.
Not bad if you want to do it. Pretty sure it will be sold out for years and help populate the other onsites for before/after housing.