Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree, but remember that the cost won't be ~$1000. Sure for one person it will be, but who's gonna do this alone? The cost is gonna be like a cruise ship and it's gonna be north of $1000 PER PERSON. So for a family of 4 or 5, that's a VERY expensive and hard to justify stay.

I don't think this is aimed at a your average family of 4 or 5 though as much as it is families with money to blow. That's where the main issue comes in is that the ones with the money to blow isn't their core audience. Those are who Disney likes, but you can't rely on them.

What's the price estimated to be?

It's a small enough hotel that they can cater to the very wealthy who won't think twice about paying $1000 a night, hell for the wealthy, it's probably not them booking the trip.

What's the price estimated to be?

It's a small enough hotel that they can cater to the very wealthy who won't think twice about paying $1000 a night, hell for the wealthy, it's probably not them booking the trip.

The very wealthy tend to stay at the JW or the Four Seasons and pay premiums to minimize their time in the parks. [Source: my friend founded one of the more prominent VIP tour companies in Orlando.] A hotel without a pool for the trophy wife to sunbathe and a lounge to get a Macallan and check in on the Tokyo office is going to be a hard sell. The market for this specific hotel is the very wealthy with kids only in a limited age range (say 6 to 12) who love Star Wars. Or very wealthy adult Star Wars nerds without kids.

I think the mistake here is thinking of this as a hotel. Everything I've seen suggests this is a very expensive upcharge Jedi Training Academy that lasts two days.

Wait, there isn't an intergalactic pool or something?

This just keeps getting better and better

Come to sunny Florida! Enjoy our indoor mock Space pool! No windows in your hotel room! Its like paying for solitary confinement! That will be $4000 for your family please ...please note theme park tickets are not included

Come to sunny Florida! Enjoy our indoor mock Space pool! No windows in your hotel room! Its like paying for solitary confinement! That will be $4000 for your family please ...please note theme park tickets are not included
I’m actually not sure if theme park tickets won’t be included. I could definitely see them including tickets depending on how high the price point is.

I’m actually not sure if theme park tickets won’t be included. I could definitely see them including tickets depending on how high the price point is.

No amount of greed shocks me anymore, but I'd assume admission to DHS included, probably with some sort of "exclusive" time. But I doubt it would include the other parks because the idea is your 2-day itinerary is full with Star Wars things. Also there's no transportation to the other parks, which will further discourage trips to them while you're at this specific resort.

No amount of greed shocks me anymore, but I'd assume admission to DHS included, probably with some sort of "exclusive" time. But I doubt it would include the other parks because the idea is your 2-day itinerary is full with Star Wars things. Also there's no transportation to the other parks, which will further discourage trips to them while you're at this specific resort.
I think the easiest way is to think of it as a cruise with only sea days. I also wouldn't be surprised if almost everything is included like food and majority of the activities with the price you pay for the room except alcohol and extra merchandise of course.

People want exclusive experiences and Disney will capitalize on that. People drop $4,200 on VIP tours at Disneyland all the time and that is for 6 hours.

People want exclusive experiences and Disney will capitalize on that. People drop $4,200 on VIP tours at Disneyland all the time and that is for 6 hours.
Those are the rich people that stay at the Four Seasons though. Those same people that book the VIP tours aren't going to be staying in this place unless they are MAJOR Star Wars fans.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Those are the rich people that stay at the Four Seasons though. Those same people that book the VIP tours aren't going to be staying in this place unless they are MAJOR Star Wars fans.
They'll "slum it" for their kids. Having been a tour guide at a major thrill park I can tell you big celebs and other wealthy people will do all kinds of stuff because their kids want to do it.

VIP tours don't include the tickets. Buying a house within WDW for over $15 million and paying ridiculous yearly fees doesn't include an AP.

Tickets won't be included.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Now of course, it's a very costly add-on and I do think Disney should be slightly concerned that it seems the interest isn't there among the casual group, but I think they really only need the hardcore fans to make this hotel churn money and I don't think they'll have that big of a problem getting them. Of course, the media reviews had better be spectacular for what i'm expecting them to charge.

I don't think there's a large audience for this. It'll sell out quickly but how much is that the usual bloggers and reporters? How many people are willing to take that much time out of their vacation for a giant SW experience? I don't know.

I think this is why, I think per Len Testa the whole thing is less than a hundred rooms at the outset? And it'll be a required 3-day stay program, which means the occupancy turnover will be adjusted and set to an expected "goal". It's pretty much like everybody says, not a hotel but more of an upcharge attraction. It's also closer to the cruise ship model, which are also at enormous price points. Given how well Star Wars Day at Sea packages sell, that's the exact demo that they're targeting. Obviously you'll have to eliminate casual families going into the stay, but again, we're talking less than a hundred compared to thousands.

Given that this is a VIP luxury experience and so limited, I can't see it not being a success. There's a market for this, and Disney knows this or else they wouldn't be spending to build it. The small number of hotel rooms though tells that they also know they need to be slightly cautious and possibly control demand as well.

Given that the itinerary is supposed to include Galaxy's Edge, I think it's a given that you'll be getting that park included but I don't think you'll actually get the full park, just GE.

VIP tours don't include the tickets. Buying a house within WDW for over $15 million and paying ridiculous yearly fees doesn't include an AP.

Tickets won't be included.

I'd bet $100 that the resort includes exclusive access to Galaxy's Edge in the price.

I think this is why, I think per Len Testa the whole thing is less than a hundred rooms at the outset? And it'll be a required 3-day stay program, which means the occupancy turnover will be adjusted and set to an expected "goal". It's pretty much like everybody says, not a hotel but more of an upcharge attraction. It's also closer to the cruise ship model, which are also at enormous price points. Given how well Star Wars Day at Sea packages sell, that's the exact demo that they're targeting. Obviously you'll have to eliminate casual families going into the stay, but again, we're talking less than a hundred compared to thousands.

Given that this is a VIP luxury experience and so limited, I can't see it not being a success. There's a market for this, and Disney knows this or else they wouldn't be spending to build it. The small number of hotel rooms though tells that they also know they need to be slightly cautious and possibly control demand as well

Like Destino Tower this is going for a market that isn’t us. I personally don’t think there’s much of a demand for a two day interactive experience that costs thousands of dollars, but we will see. At LEAST Disney is doing crazy, daring things again.

The point is not that they pay that despite it being 6 hours. They pay that so they can see everything that matters in 6 hours, then go back to their luxury hotel, or handle some business. or eat at a 5-star restaurant. Everything suggests this is more like a cruise--48ish hours (maybe 72) more or less completely removed from civilization. The time commitment will be as much of a drawback as the LARPing element.

Given that the itinerary is supposed to include Galaxy's Edge, I think it's a given that you'll be getting that park included but I don't think you'll actually get the full park, just GE.

I'd bet $100 that the resort includes exclusive access to Galaxy's Edge in the price.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Exclusive access times covered, but still need a ticket to ride RnRC and ToT after you move resorts.

Like Destino Tower this is going for a market that isn’t us. I personally don’t think there’s much of a demand for a two day interactive experience that costs thousands of dollars, but we will see. At LEAST Disney is doing crazy, daring things again.

Agreed. That said, I know the market for Destino Tower--you see it in Vegas, in Miami, on cruise ships... I am unaware of a successful large-scale luxury LARPing resort.

Last edited:

Even if it does, you’ll probably still need to buy a ticket and I don’t know what time of the day they’d be expecting to do this. After 10pm or before 8am?