What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Disney had Star Wars theme park rights for like 20 years already?!? Wouldn't they have already made a land when they saw the second trilogy in the works if they were going to? Not saying it won't happen. But i wouldn't guarantee it. And Potter "Killer"? give me a break. It would earn Disney some respect back but its not going to KILL WWoHP.

If any franchise could "kill" Potter, it's Star Wars.

And the term "Kill" is being used loosely here. Not literally killing WWHOP, but being Disney's answer to have their own theme park boom.

Hasn't Disney had Star Wars theme park rights for like 20 years already?!? Wouldn't they have already made a land when they saw the second trilogy in the works if they were going to? Not saying it won't happen. But i wouldn't guarantee it. And Potter "Killer"? give me a break. It would earn Disney some respect back but its not going to KILL WWoHP.

They didn't need to think about a Star Wars Land until 2 years ago.

I can absolutely see Disney adding a Star Wars Land to DHS and an entire new 3rd park in Anaheim.

my problem with this idea of a "land" is that Star Tours already takes the "best" of all the Star Wars action scenes and throws them in one ride. Do we really want a Pod Racer ride, and a Pod Racer section in Star Tours? The best idea i have is a Cantina Restaurant (duh)..and maybe some NEW rides based on the NEW movies. As the old movies are all pretty well represented.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - looking forward to Soarin Through Naboo, and Boat ride through Dagobah.

my problem with this idea of a "land" is that Star Tours already takes the "best" of all the Star Wars action scenes and throws them in one ride. Do we really want a Pod Racer ride, and a Pod Racer section in Star Tours? The best idea i have is a Cantina Restaurant (duh)..and maybe some NEW rides based on the NEW movies. As the old movies are all pretty well represented.

All I heard was blah blah blah Cantina blah blah blah.

:lol:

They'll figure it out. Give me my damn Cantina.

I find the lack of imagination in this thread disturbing.

There are a billion things you could do with a SW theme park and if Disney are now going to **** out movies, tv and other licensed properties then you have an even more expanded universe to pick stuff from.

I've longed dreamed of a SW theme park, seperated into planets. Imagine walking through Hoth and riding a fast "Snow Speeder" coaster around the battle scene dogging AT-AT's, nipping over to Echo Base for a drink before setting off to go to Tattooine to eat at the Cantina, see a 4D Jabba's Palace Experiance and going on a Pod Racer Coaster. After that perhaps a trip to the Death Star or Endor or Naboo or literally anyone of a million places!

An entire theme park to itself is pushing it but I have always said if any one licensed property could try it and get away with it for awhile, it would be Star Wars.

Seriously. If this is the attitude of today's teens/20-somethings........we're in trouble. I think that imagination has gone the way of the dinosaur........

I'm 32 and my point was simply that everyone saying you can't make a Star Wars Land work is suffering from a major lack of imagination. Seriously.

Star Wars was the first and is still the biggest Franchise property in the world, hell it was generating revenue continuously with just toys, books, video games and other merchandise during the 16 year Gap between ROTJ and TPM. Imagine how much it will turn over with an on going film and tv presence?

I want my god damn "Battle for Hoth" ride ok! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.