Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Launch Bay

Go to Art of Animation. They still do it there and it's much more personalized.

I assumed when they got rid of that area they got rid of the drawing experience. I haven't been in that area since May, all of it was still open in May as the kids went into the area and did the computer coloring and other stuff like that in there.

I assumed when they got rid of that area they got rid of the drawing experience. I haven't been in that area since May, all of it was still open in May as the kids went into the area and did the computer coloring and other stuff like that in there.
I'm not sure if you are confusing my post or not. I meant Art of Animation as in the hotel just to be clear.

yeah, but then you have to hang out with all the smelly "value" class guests. Eww... I hear they don't even have a wait staffed restaurant...

If you haven't been to DCA over in California, their Disney Animation area was actually one of my favorite areas of the park when I first visited and they have an Animation Academy there. They even did very quaint character meet and greets in there.

If you haven't been to DCA over in California, their Disney Animation area was actually one of my favorite areas of the park when I first visited and they have an Animation Academy there. They even did very quaint character meet and greets in there.
No, we are looking to go next year.

So they are no longer having Star Wars Weekends due to construction next year.... but it should be okay because they are openning a gallery with props? plus a re-invention of the same show on the opposite side of the park and an extra planet for Star Tour? I don't get it. If they would've said they are moving the event to CA "Season of the Force" then I would've taken it better, but don't tell me the gallery being built will compensate for the event. IMO the gallery works best as a major attraction exit and not an "attraction" standing alone, but whatever... not much is making sense lately.

Meet and greets and extended film trailers are not attractions. Random food and drinks with different names are not "themed" foods. And adding a new scene to a simulator is not an upgrade worthy of holding people over for 5 years.

Wow. Stars Wars weekends helped prop up their attendance. I guess cost cutting is going to predominate until the new lands open. They've already cut live entertainment in the near past and the parade a couple of years ago.

Wow. Stars Wars weekends helped prop up their attendance. I guess cost cutting is going to predominate until the new lands open. They've already cut live entertainment in the near past and the parade a couple of years ago.
It's not going away so to say. It's being replaced by a new event (Season of the Force), which I heard is going to be basically the same thing except smaller celebrity guests because it will run concurrently with the same even in DisneyLand Anaheim.

Meet and greets and extended film trailers are not attractions. Random food and drinks with different names are not "themed" foods. And adding a new scene to a simulator is not an upgrade worthy of holding people over for 5 years.

That is the thing. It won't be 5 years. The reason they are doing this is they can't handle the capacity issues during construction because the timeline has been moved up. They are aiming to open this in 2018. They are going to have to have things shut down here and there (Star Tours, LMA, and Toy Story) to make the 2017 date for TSL and the 2018 for SWL. So they can't handle large volume weekends that they got with Star Wars Weekends. Not to mention everything closing for good during these construction times.

Someone mentioned they will do Season of Force which will spread out the crowds more so they are more manageable. I imagine when SWL opens up they will bring the SW Weekends back. Because then they will have more capacity while they figure out and complete Phase 3.

ehh...you say this, but people line up for a LONG time for those meet and greets. Sometimes much longer then for an attraction nearby. You may prefer rides, but the general public tends to prefer to wait for a picture with their favorite character just as much as a spin on dumbo.

I mean, the Animation building is pretty big...I only hope they utilize the full space they have and we have something worth spending a good while in.

I mean, the Animation building is pretty big...I only hope they utilize the full space they have and we have something worth spending a good while in.

I wonder if they will use the pre show at all or the drawing room. Because it is a pretty big space.