Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Not really liking the title, but whatever. As long as the movie meets my expectations is all that matters.

The title got flack though from a lot of other people.
Well, I mean, yeah, you're never going to please everyone. I'm sure people will like this, I just don't care for it much.

I get what they're going for with the title though.

Well, I mean, yeah, you're never going to please everyone. I'm sure people will like this, I just don't care for it much.

I get what they're going for with the title though.

Right. Which was my point. There's never been an overwhelming approval of all their titles. It's always been 50:50

When has there ever been a Star Wars title that everyone was like "Perfect..." :lol:

I always felt, "The Empire Strikes Back" was about as perfect could be. They actually did strike back and it sounded cool. "A New Hope" was odd because I wasn't there when the old hope went away.

Seeing online people pointing out the logo color is red, not the usual yellow. This usually points to [HASHTAG]#badthings[/HASHTAG] so this could get quite dark.

Seeing online people pointing out the logo color is red, not the usual yellow. This usually points to [HASHTAG]#badthings[/HASHTAG] so this could get quite dark.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Rian Johnson (the director of the film) did confirm that they'd be going in a much darker direction than in The Force Awakens.

In a way, I am more curious to see the tone of the film when it starts; as I have to imagine that there may not be a need for an opening crawl for this film, as I would imagine that they'd start the film right where things were left off in TFA.

What I am curious, is the meaning of the name. In a way, I am very curious to see what it implies, if it's meaning to Luke (like in Episode 5) or if it'll relate more to that they are going to rebuild the first Jedi Temple in this film. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Rian Johnson (the director of the film) did confirm that they'd be going in a much darker direction than in The Force Awakens.

Actually, Johnson recently pushed back against this a little bit. He says he hopes people find the movie to be a "blast," and a whole lot of fun.

But being darker and being fun aren't mutually exclusive. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is "darker" than A NEW HOPE (although I'd really argue it's just more emotionally and thematically mature than it is actually darker in terms of content), but it's still tons of fun.

I really like the theory of Rey going all Sith and killing Luke, and Kylo feeling shunned by Snoke and reconciling with Leia to set up the third movie. It would fit the name and red outline of the title. It gives you the darkness/conflict you need for the middle movie. It would also explain the rumors of Leia being a big part of Ep 9, and why they are scrambling to figure out what to do now.

Granted it's probably nothing like that, but it would be a pretty bad ass storyline.