Star Wars TV Series | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars TV Series

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Galaxy Defender

V.I.P. Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
ABC Entertainment President has said talks are ongoing with Lucasfilm to bring a Star Wars TV series to the network. She did say the talks are "hush hush".

The article talks about past efforts to do a TV series. The previous project was set aside when it was decided the series would be too expensive for TV.

Now that both ABC and Lucasfilm are both owned by Disney, chances for this to happen seem better than ever.

Star Wars: ABC in talks for TV series | EW.com

ABC Entertainment President has said talks are ongoing with Lucasfilm to bring a Star Wars TV series to the network. She did say the talks are "hush hush".

The article talks about past efforts to do a TV series. The previous project was set aside when it was decided the series would be too expensive for TV.

Now that both ABC and Lucasfilm are both owned by Disney, chances for this to happen seem better than ever.

Star Wars: ABC in talks for TV series | EW.com

Yikes, I don't like that at all. I see cheap TV trying to squeeze more money out of their purchase of Star Wars.

I would much rather see Netflix being the market for Disney to put a Star Wars show.

They've done exceptional with Marvel, and with other shows that they have.

As for what they could pull..someone said a long time back, when the rumors of a TV show began; that they would like to see material from The Old Republic. I would want to see if they do a Star Wars show, having it be well before the events of the Prequels (that isn't animated).

Once Game of Thrones disappears in 2 years time, TV is going to need a 'top dog' to replace it. A Star Wars TV series could very much take that mantle if done right.

And while I would agree...I would much rather see either Netflix and/or Starz get the Star Wars IP for television.

Starz, is because it would be a major broadcasting outlet and would make sense; as Disney has it's movies premiere onto Starz/Encore. And for Netflix.. and I already mentioned why.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Can't blame them for the price they paid. I will say that Disney has been more protective of Star Wars since buying it. No more Hyperspace Hoopla.
Disney honestly stole Lucas Film and ILM for only 4Bn. Hell, they made 2B+ on JUST Episode 7. There's still 5 more SW movies currently in the works and the new Indy movie.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Disney honestly stole Lucas Film and ILM for only 4Bn. Hell, they made 2B+ on JUST Episode 7. There's still 5 more SW movies currently in the works and the new Indy movie.
Definitely not saying they paid too much. Unlike other major purchases, Disney can maximize their investments in Star Wars quickly. More power to them for that.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (and the ratings). Nuff said.

I would rebuttal that with Star Wars Rebels. That, is an example to how TWDC has used the Star Wars IP extremely well with TV; and more importantly, how protective Lucasfilm is to the IP itself.

If they play it right, Star Wars can be a great primetime TV show for ABC (but, it would be a much better move to have it be on Starz or on Netflix as it would unchain Lucasfilm from..some attributes that regular TV like ABC has to offer.

Reactions: amityboattours
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (and the ratings). Nuff said.
AoS actually turned into a pretty good show. Nothing of the quality of Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but for ABC I wouldn't expect much more. Which is why i'd prefer a SW show not go on network television.