Star Wars Weekends 2015 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Weekends 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright, I didn't see a thread for this already, but here is this year's talent coming to the event, via Touring Plans' list:

May 15-17, 2015

Ian McDairmid: Senator/Emperor Palpatine
Amy Allen: Aayla Secura
Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)

May 22-24, 2015

Warwick Davis: Wicket (Ewok in Return of the Jedi) and Wald (The Phantom Menace)
Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray
Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)

May 29-31, 2015

Warwick Davis: Wicket (Ewok in Return of the Jedi) and Wald (The Phantom Menace)
Daniel Logan: Boba Fett (from Episode II: Attack of the Clones)
Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)

June 5-7, 2015

Ray Park: Darth Maul
Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi)
Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels)

June 12-14, 2015

Frank Oz: Yoda
Ray Park: Darth Maul
Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca
Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

I have never been to the event before, but I am going for the first time on May 15th to get some of the exclusive merchandise before all of the resellers get their hands on them. I also gave into my friends and bought a Disney pass so I thought hey, why not go? :lol:

Any advice from those who have attended the event before is much apreciated! Which celebrities are you planning on seeing?

I attended in 2012 and 2013. The event's fun, but if you want an autograph for a popular actor you need to get there no later than 6 AM.

Thank you! Are the autographs free or do you have to pay extra for them? Do they only sign photos of themselves or can I bring an action figure of Funko Pop figure for them to sign?

They're free, you get a Fastpass by lining up early. They sign one item per person and it can be anything.

Looks interesting! I've never attended Star Wars Weekends before, either.

Which, is pretty sad being that I've been a passholder off and on for some time now.

Definitely gonna have to go this year!

If all the Fastpass holders get their autograph and the celebrity still has time left, they allow non-FP's to get autographs at that time. You have to get pretty lucky for that though.

I should also mention that there are two types of Fastpasses: Regular and Standby. Regular guarantees you'll meet the celebrity while standby has no guarantees. If you don't get either, you have to hope they finish Fastpasses early enough.

Thought so! My wife and I are really big Star Wars fans so we are looking forward to just being in the park during that time. I haven't been to Hollywood Studios in about 13 years!

I'm excited. I went actively last year for the first time. Made a lot of new friends and I'm excited to spend another SWW with all of them. I will be going for probably 2 days each week except for when I take my vacation to California the third weekend.

I was lucky enough to attend all 5 weekends last year. It was always fun. And yes you do have to get to the park very early to get autographs, especially from the bigger name stars. There were some people that were lined up outside the park before the park even closed the night before for some of the celebrities (Ray Park, Billie Dee Williams, and John Ratzenberger was some of the longest). The less recognizable names are more likely to get through their lines, as most of the Star Wars Rebels voice actors didn't even need the fastpasses to get an autograph. Of course there is always the possibility of running into some of the celebrities at random throughout the parks, like I was able to get a selfie with James Arnold Taylor 4 different times at different locations.

So according to one source, Ian McDiarmid and Frank Oz will be present, but they won't be signing autographs... :inquisitive: Not that I would WANT Ian's auto graph, (I'd want Oz's autograph) I'm just curious as to why they are refusing to sign autographs now? :shrug:

It may not be that they refused to sign autographs, it may be that Disney refused to pay for the autographs. Every celebrity that participates at SWW is paid according to how many autographs they sign and usually receive a comparable amount to what they would charge at any other comic-con style convention. Most celebrities, if they charge are usually in the 20 to 40 dollar range. Some due not charge at all, while some charge extraordinary prices, like Mark Hamill charges well over 100 for his autograph. That is why Mark did not sign last year, and possibly the reason some of this years celebrities are not signing.

It may not be that they refused to sign autographs, it may be that Disney refused to pay for the autographs. Every celebrity that participates at SWW is paid according to how many autographs they sign and usually receive a comparable amount to what they would charge at any other comic-con style convention. Most celebrities, if they charge are usually in the 20 to 40 dollar range. Some due not charge at all, while some charge extraordinary prices, like Mark Hamill charges well over 100 for his autograph. That is why Mark did not sign last year, and possibly the reason some of this years celebrities are not signing.

Wow! That's crazy! Do you think they'd at least let you take a picture with them? Or would that be considered the same as an autograph charge?

In other news, the collectible popcorn bucket for this year's event will be Han Solo frozen in carbonite:

29C06D1B-FCF7-4040-A80A-4A109D2FE893_zpsj1lvedti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]