Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

State of Space Mountain

It should go down ASAP so it’s in decent shape for 2021 / 2022. It’ll look shambolic next to Tron...and I thought the idea was to have MK done up for the 50th? How done up can it be with maybe their most iconic ride in such a state?

It should go down ASAP so it’s in decent shape for 2021 / 2022. It’ll look shambolic next to Tron...and I thought the idea was to have MK done up for the 50th? How done up can it be with maybe their most iconic ride in such a state?
They've done some horrible horrible things to the outside of SM at other parks...I hope they consider the clean modern Tron design when doing something to Space Mountain

They've done some horrible horrible things to the outside of SM at other parks...I hope they consider the clean modern Tron design when doing something to Space Mountain
Are you saying Jules Verne Space Mountain is ugly? Bc if you are, you might be right.

Although only on the outside. It’s possibly the best version of the attraction. Or at least it was before Mission 2 & Hyperspace Mountain

Oh heck yeah :D

I hate to play devil’s advocate (and I’m not familiar with the ride’s operations), but wouldn’t they stop her ride if they saw her going up the hill with no restraint? It also seems suspicious to say the restraint suddenly worked again as they got to unload. I don’t know.....I always hate to doubt people if it was a traumatic experience, but I’ve also seen a lot of people that crave attention and sympathy. :shrug:

Is Mk’s version really that much worse than DL’s? IMO, the only thing that makes DL’s better is the Ghost Galaxy overlay. Otherwise, it’s nearly the same crappy ride.

Is Mk’s version really that much worse than DL’s? IMO, the only thing that makes DL’s better is the Ghost Galaxy overlay. Otherwise, it’s nearly the same crappy ride.
I actually prefer WDWs tbh. The track layout is a snore in DL. Turn after turn after turn. WDWs might be bumpy because they’ve let it rot, but the layout is much better with the drops it incorporates throughout.

I went on Space Mountain exactly once, back in 2012, I think. That was enough for me. I have no interest in riding it again, but that's just me.

I will ironically ride Mummy over at USF with no problems, but I also have to drag myself on. I am a self proclaimed thrill wimp.
Which is ironic because Mummy goes 60mph vrs SM 28, and the biggest drop on SM is about 30 feet. LOL

I hate to play devil’s advocate (and I’m not familiar with the ride’s operations), but wouldn’t they stop her ride if they saw her going up the hill with no restraint? It also seems suspicious to say the restraint suddenly worked again as they got to unload. I don’t know.....I always hate to doubt people if it was a traumatic experience, but I’ve also seen a lot of people that crave attention and sympathy. :shrug:
If I remember correctly, closed is the default position. You actually have to apply pressure to the car to release the restraint. (The original 8-person trains had seat belts. That didn't even lock in place!)