State of USH - What's Next? | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also so we have the two other rumors as well

The one where the Tram moves and the other being a new ride in the upper lot where the courtyard is.

So if they really are going to start after F&F is done...they have lots to be doing in those two years after

But I'm not hyping my self up too much until I see walls up, reason is DK was very heavily rumored and then rumored to no longer be coming...since then I'm in more bluesky mode then anything else because until they start working on the next project...I still feel like USH has no idea where they are going...I thibk they have a lot of ideas and not sure which will come up and start being worked on now which is important because they may want more Nintendo but what if they don't start working on it up Pokemon is done to see which they rather focus on next here at USH?
False rumors are separate from actual plans,, you just don’t know what they are..

I always got the impression that Transformers was still reasonably popular at USH...I can't imagine it'll be simple to retrofit the building for USJ Pokemon given the layout differences, the awkward location between Mummy and Jurassic World, and their rumored plans to move the Studio Tour.

I always got the impression that Transformers was still reasonably popular at USH...I can't imagine it'll be simple to retrofit the building for USJ Pokemon given the layout differences, the awkward location between Mummy and Jurassic World, and their rumored plans to move the Studio Tour.
I think the ride is, but merch is not they just closed the only Transformer shop and it has a few items in it for Transformers but its now more general merch

False rumors are separate from actual plans,, you just don’t know what they are..
Sure but I'm pretty sure many on here in the know said DK was 100 Percent on the table then things changed

Which is my point unless I see dirt being moved and walls, it's hard for me to get too excited for now

I think the ride is, but merch is not they just closed the only Transformer shop and it has a few items in it for Transformers but its now more general merch

Sure but I'm pretty sure many on here in the know said DK was 100 Percent on the table then things changed

Which is my point unless I see dirt being moved and walls, it's hard for me to get too excited for now
I see...maybe the decreasing merchandising revenue, the licensing costs, and the capacity increase of the Pokemon ride system would justify it. Perhaps the Pokemon company is also more lenient on theming quality than Nintendo (it seems like their USJ plan doesn't involve any major conversion of the New York facades, at least so far).

Question--are you specifically talking about the stuff that the reels were from, or are you also lumping in the Tour Relocation bit from my end.

Because I've had multiple conversations and discussions over the past 5 years in the aspect of relocation, and they've been building up recent. And I still maintain that there is something to it.

I see...maybe the decreasing merchandising revenue, the licensing costs, and the capacity increase of the Pokemon ride system would justify it. Perhaps the Pokemon company is also more lenient on theming quality than Nintendo (it seems like their USJ plan doesn't involve any major conversion of the New York facades, at least so far).
Pokemon company seems to not care what you slap the characters face into...I think it would be an endless stream of money for both because not only will they get power band type games you assume but I'm sure make your character plushes and limited time merch along with sipper cups and themed food.

Question--are you specifically talking about the stuff that the reels were from, or are you also lumping in the Tour Relocation bit from my end.

Because I've had multiple conversations and discussions over the past 5 years in the aspect of relocation, and they've been building up recent.
My only question on why after you do the ending of the Tram now? Like why did they not push for this year to open the new entrance and have it go with the 60th?

Like it's just strange to me to be putting sooooo much into the Tram now but not move the entrance until later plus the path of the tram....so they will have this new ending but then need to have a path back that's like 5 + mins away from the last big attraction on the tram.

Merch is not the only reason attractions exist.
I think it's credible to assume that it helps offset licensing costs when using a non Universal IP though.

I really just want the Universal Monsters land. I'd rather that over Nintendo/Pokemon expansion or more Potter.

Merch is not the only reason attractions exist.
I think it's credible to assume that it helps offset licensing costs when using a non Universal IP though.

I really just want the Universal Monsters land. I'd rather that over Nintendo/Pokemon expansion or more Potter.
It's not but what about attendance and relevance?

I'm not even just talking about Nintendo but here is where I always get confused...what is allowed to be built at theme parks if not the thing that will make the most money and draw people in?

Like are you talking purely as a fan?
Because From what I see and know, Universal just wants money and word of mouth and don't care what they use to get it, meaning that is what they will add to USH

I'm not even just talking about Nintendo but here is where I always get confused...what is allowed to be built at theme parks if not the thing that will make the most money and draw people in?

Because From what I see and know, Universal just wants money and word of mouth and don't care what they use to get it, meaning that is what they will add to USH

Careful now...

Right. It is about the making money. They do this strategically. And on a timeline. And on a budget. Plus, they have data you and I don’t have. And yet, many of your posts are basically implying they don’t know what they are doing. That may be why there’s a disconnect.

That's Universal making poor life choices. The merch for the ride was great when it first opened here & Orlando. Then it started declining rapidly & becoming generic to "meh". I'm still pissed I never got my N.E.S.T. jacket!

Hasbro released a Universal parks Megatron action figure (which I bought immediately), I had hoped they'd release Optimus & BumbleBee too, buy sadly never happened.

The merch wasn't always bad. The parks just have a bad habit of letting it decline (even for their own IPs)

Reactions: TylerG and Nico
Decided to move this discussion here cause it's more appropriate.
lol

Why would you put the biggest IP in the world in only one park?

With Travel costing what it does, the only reason I'm getting out to those parks is because Epic Universe.

Pokemon isn't just about an attraction if they do the band game right it could be something that draws in local guests weekly if not bu weekly, which is really great for USH
In only one park? It seems like Pokémon will also be featured at Japan's park. In the United States, I believe the parks should have more exclusive major attractions/experiences between them. Give people more of a reason to visit both Resorts (even tho Hollywood isn't a resort). This is why I'm against Diagon Alley at USH. Attractions like Hollywood Drift should stay exclusive to Hollywood.

Hollywood needs more exclusive major attractions/experiences, not more clones/different iterations of an existing experience. USH featuring Nintendo properties not offered at the Orlando parks would 100% pull me and other guests into booking a trip.

In only one park? It seems like Pokémon will also be featured at Japan's park. In the United States, I believe the parks should have more exclusive major attractions/experiences between them. Give people more of a reason to visit both Resorts (even tho Hollywood isn't a resort). This is why I'm against Diagon Alley at USH. Attractions like Hollywood Drift should stay exclusive to Hollywood.

Hollywood needs more exclusive major attractions/experiences, not more clones/different iterations of an existing experience. USH featuring Nintendo properties not offered at the Orlando parks would 100% pull me and other guests into booking a trip.
SNW isn’t exclusive and neither are simpsons or potter and those are people’s favorite area

Exclusively adds no value to an attraction Rise of the Resistance wouldn’t be better if it was only at Disneyland, it would only limit how many people can get on the ride

If Pokémon land is another home run, we want it at the park

Studio Tour is a huge hit. You don't see that cloned at the other Universal parks.
Because you’d have to build a full studio

That’s very different then making a Pokémon ride that you can easy clone or re use parts and molds

You guys must get joy from video games being exclusive as well? I don’t care if halo is only on Xbox or last of us, a good product is a good product and you can’t have enough of with the only handful of theme parks world wide

Agreed! And to add on to this, it's especially worse when the clone is lesser than the original -- so, great, we have a Nintendo World, but it's also not like the original or even what's gonna be at EU. We have the "budget version" of all the iterations.

At the very least, if an IP is going to be shared amongst parks, I'd prefer an original experience at each. If Pokemon goes to Japan or Orlando and Universal feels they need to bring it to Hollywood, then I want a unique-to-Hollywood version -- its own special land theme, its own special ride design, whatever, that sets it apart. Obviously the purse-holders talk, as clones are cheaper to pump out, so I never expect much as a result, but that would be ideal.

I love USF, but when you're paying that kind of money to go across the country, it's disappointing to walk into the park and... oh, there's Minion Mayhem. There's Transformers. There's Simpsons. So much we already have on the opposite coast (and vice versa). That's why I'd kill for Universal to gut MM and make it a themed indoor family coaster, or why I appreciate that Beijing supplemented their version of Transformers with the Decepticoaster. If we ever do get a Nintendo expansion, part of me doesn't want it to be Kong anymore because, a, the land would probably be shrunk and, b, it'd be more awesome to have our own thing rather than the diet version of someone else's.

Studio Tour is a huge hit. You don't see that cloned at the other Universal parks.

Well, if Florida or Beijing had massive studio lots comparable in both size and legacy as Hollywood does, certainly those parks would have studio tours, but... they don't.

Well, if Florida or Beijing had massive studio lots comparable in both size and legacy as Hollywood does, certainly those parks would have studio tours
Beijing is perfect-ish

Florida has studio legacy of its own, it just... uh.. got gutted and/or destroyed lol. (They did have a tram tour of their own, it was very short-lived & before my time). But also, you missed my point about the ridiculousness of "it must be cloned because it's popular".

Looks like we might be seeing construction of the planned remaining red sea soundstages soon, inluding a huge one which could take the place of a certain major soundstage next to Jurassic?

[moderator removal. The images are not permitted]

Last edited by a moderator: