State of USH - What's Next? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was curious so I was scrolling through the Universal Core Twitter page. And yes, I know Universal Core is not the most accurate source. But they have shared some things that could happen in USH's future that I still think are of interest. Here they are:

Jupiter's Landing in the Studio tour is gone after HHN this year

Falls Lake and Supercharged will be demoed for theme park expansion after the FF Coaster opens in 2024. Speaking of...

They are claiming the Studio Tour will move to the lower lot and the current loading area will be turned into the Hogwarts express which would take guests to the area that is now Falls Lake and Supercharged for an second HP land, hopefully a modified version of the MMOM from EU

They purport to claim to have seen concept art that shows that Simpsons/Springfield will be turned into a mini version of Classic Monsters from EU. Whether or not they will get the KUKA E ticket from EU in The Simpsons plot or something new is not known. This claim about Simpsons becoming Classic Monsters makes sense though. The Fox contract is up in 2028 which is also the same year of the LA Olympics and I doubt they want that area being closed off for construction in 2028. And considering how easy it is to reskin FFB, that means they can put all their man power into building the land's ride in The Simpsons Plot. And knowing how fast Universal moves (it only took them a year to build Transformers at USF!) if they start in late 2025-early 2026 they can have the ride open in 2028 in time for the Olympics.

I was curious so I was scrolling through the Universal Core Twitter page. And yes, I know Universal Core is not the most accurate source. But they have shared some things that could happen in USH's future that I still think are of interest.
Universal Core? An inaccurate source? Could happen?

Not the most compelling pitch.

Reactions: salismetho
Bit confused where Core's getting this info on Monsters. Would also recommend avoiding it.
When asked to show prof of the concept art for the supposed USH Classic Monsters area they did not show it. But I do think Core was right about falls lake getting cut for theme park expansion as that was discussed on another forum as far back as 2021-2022. And considering how far off Falls Lake is it makes sense it would have to be accessed by a train or tram. And if Ministry of Magic is popular at Epic I would imagine they would want to bring it or a modified version to USH. BTW, is there any chance we could see some form of the Classic Monsters land from EU get ported over to USH at some point even if it does not take over Simpsons?

Universal Core? An inaccurate source? Could happen?

Not the most compelling pitch.
I know. The only thing Core said that might be accurate is Falls Lake getting cut for theme park expansion as I believe that was discussed on the USH evolution forum last year or in 2021. Classic Monsters getting ported to USH could happen If Universal wants something substantial to replace the Simpsons as the contract is up in 2028 which is also the year of the LA Olympics. I doubt they want any part of the park walled off for construction that year. Reskinning FFB is not that hard and since it is already designed they could put in a version of the Classic Monsters KUKA ride in The Simpsons plot. But either way I hope something Classic Monsters relate makes it way to USH.

Would Universal really want two KUKA rides in the same park?
This is the main reason I don’t think we get Monsters. Side note but Monsters also really struggles to draw in a wait at our HHN which might also turn them off; I think people here just don’t care enough about them

Fudge

if true I have to do a VIP tour this year to walk the sets from nope

I just took the VIP tour about a week ago, and we did not get to walk Jupiter's Claim. We did get to walk metro sets, prop warehouse, Little Europe, and War of the Worlds.

That said, what's available can change due to filming requirements and whatnot, but I don't know if I'd expect to walk around Jupiter's Claim on VIP unless maybe other areas of the backlot are closed off.

Of course, you could also maybe just ask your tour guide if it could be done. We specifically asked if we could get a view of the large Monsters Mural, and while we didn't get to get up close, we did get to see it.

As far as rumors go, the rumor of the tram moving to a new location isn't exactly news. And I'm not sure if I believe the Monsters stuff (though on a personal level, I'd love to have it). The rest do sound possible, but they've also been whispered about from other sources. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Universal Core right now:
I threw a lot of crap at the wall and when some of it sticks I'll claim it's due to my insider knowledge, and not just luck/Common sense. :shrug:

With regard to having 2 Kuka rides in the same park, I think it depends how different Monsters is or feels.

Monsters is rumored in Orlando to NOT have screen carousels a la Forbidden Journey, so it’ll 100% be different.

Idk the current rumor, but it shouldn’t be stopping them from having something Monsters related. Disneyland has a million or so rides that are similiar to each other technically while offering semi different experiences. It’s just a matter if the Monsters ride is popular enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
I was curious so I was scrolling through the Universal Core Twitter page. And yes, I know Universal Core is not the most accurate source. But they have shared some things that could happen in USH's future that I still think are of interest. Here they are:

Jupiter's Landing in the Studio tour is gone after HHN this year

Falls Lake and Supercharged will be demoed for theme park expansion after the FF Coaster opens in 2024. Speaking of...

They are claiming the Studio Tour will move to the lower lot and the current loading area will be turned into the Hogwarts express which would take guests to the area that is now Falls Lake and Supercharged for an second HP land, hopefully a modified version of the MMOM from EU

They purport to claim to have seen concept art that shows that Simpsons/Springfield will be turned into a mini version of Classic Monsters from EU. Whether or not they will get the KUKA E ticket from EU in The Simpsons plot or something new is not known. This claim about Simpsons becoming Classic Monsters makes sense though. The Fox contract is up in 2028 which is also the same year of the LA Olympics and I doubt they want that area being closed off for construction in 2028. And considering how easy it is to reskin FFB, that means they can put all their man power into building the land's ride in The Simpsons Plot. And knowing how fast Universal moves (it only took them a year to build Transformers at USF!) if they start in late 2025-early 2026 they can have the ride open in 2028 in time for the Olympics.
Yeah, I wouldn't put much (If any) stock into what Universal Core posts. If they were to do something with the Potter expansion that has been explained here, I seriously doubt they would use the entire Tram loading space just for the train station. I wager they would probably use half of it if this is true.

The Monsters taking over Springfield rumor I am absolutely calling BS on. Whatever takes over Springfield is going to be a quick-and-dirty overlay to something generic (Or non-IP specific). Fast and Furious is going right where AA and SES were. That's going to intrude right in the middle of the Monsters village if that's what they're turning Springfield into. Plus, like Clive said, you really want two Kuka arm rides right next to each other? I'm gonna bet good money that Springfield will be turned into a generic LA street. It would fit in with the F&F coaster and leave flexibility for a standalone ride to go where Simpsons is. I could see something like a Bad Guys roller coaster to go where Simpsons is as that could fit with the timeline that could be met before the Olympics start.

That's not to say I don't want any Universal Monsters representation at the park. I would love to see some version of Monsters land over here, but I think the format would be far more suited for an indoor coaster over here.

I do wonder if Simpsons might stick around longer than people think, so that they can give it a proper nice redo after the Olympics. Not totally holding my breath through

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I do wonder if Simpsons might stick around longer than people think, so that they can give it a proper nice redo after the Olympics. Not totally holding my breath through

I've genuinely been on the thought process, and been thinking if Universal and the current regime of Disney are satisfied and want to continue; then I think The Simpsons could absolutely put the distance and stay for a much longer period than even simply right after the Olympics.

In an age where DIsney is looking for money, this feels like something that'd be safe.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I said this in the BTTF thread, but once that contract nears the end (Like around 2027), I would love to see BTTF come back for a limited time return. It would buy the park some time for a more substantial replacement during the olympics before demo'ing the building and I think people would dig it.

As ridiculous as that may sound to some of you, 95% of converting it back would be just a simple paint job. Virtually all of the original components from the BTTF are still there! The biggest job would be getting rid of the Krusty head and Simpsons statue at the entrance and putting a new dashboard with a small tv screen on each car as well as a back shell for the vehicles. Everything else would literally just be switching out the videos and repainting everything. I could see them doing that to last them 2-3 years tops.

Yeah, I wouldn't put much (If any) stock into what Universal Core posts. If they were to do something with the Potter expansion that has been explained here, I seriously doubt they would use the entire Tram loading space just for the train station. I wager they would probably use half of it if this is true.

The Monsters taking over Springfield rumor I am absolutely calling BS on. Whatever takes over Springfield is going to be a quick-and-dirty overlay to something generic (Or non-IP specific). Fast and Furious is going right where AA and SES were. That's going to intrude right in the middle of the Monsters village if that's what they're turning Springfield into. Plus, like Clive said, you really want two Kuka arm rides right next to each other? I'm gonna bet good money that Springfield will be turned into a generic LA street. It would fit in with the F&F coaster and leave flexibility for a standalone ride to go where Simpsons is. I could see something like a Bad Guys roller coaster to go where Simpsons is as that could fit with the timeline that could be met before the Olympics start.

That's not to say I don't want any Universal Monsters representation at the park. I would love to see some version of Monsters land over here, but I think the format would be far more suited for an indoor coaster over here.
I think Monsters could take over Mummy on the lower lot. Universal could use the scoop ride system for a unique monsters ride to USH but make it more on par with the Tokyo Disney Sea Peter Pan ride in terms of scale. If you look at the building on Google Maps it appears bigger (to me anyways) than the MMOM ride at EU if you look at construction shots on BioReconstruct for the latter. And Considering how large the Mummy plot is maybe they can share the building with a stage show or a smaller scale SLOP dark ride. The Peter Pan TDS building has a Tinker bell dark ride and restaurant attached to it and Universal themselves is using this model with MMOM at EU. But back to Simpsons. I wonder if Simpsons goes down in 2026 and they move fast enough (SLOP started construction in 2018 and would have opened in 2020 if it was not for COVID) would be some sort of Midway Mania or Web Slingers style attraction but on a larger scale. The IP would be a question mark. I don't think it would be DreamWorks as you have the DWT and Illlumination has it's mini land. With WBD's financial state and if industry insiders are correct and NBCU acquires WBD, maybe they could use a Warner Bros IP. If they can get the DC rights from six flags (probably a long shot) I would like to see them make a TSMM ride around the DC super pets (I.E. Krypto the Super Dog) it would fill a need as another family friendly interactive ride after MK.

Something I think people aren't considering - I think Springfield stays even after The Simpsons Ride goes. It's a ticking time bomb as far as its infrastructure goes.

I feel like it keeps going down for unplanned maintenance…

Which to me, begs the question.

With Disney continually in conversations with Universal on both Marvel (which is gonna be interesting come the end of the year for Osaka), then surely they’d also be fine tuned to The Simpsons under those at 20th Century. If your mainline ETicket for a land based off an IP goes, and the IP stays after…wouldn’t they want a similar ride to be at its place?

We know at the very least they keep having Springfield used for corporate wrap parties, and have been testing at those wrap-parties on new food specifically for it. There seems to be some creative excitement for at least that end of the spectrum.