Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

State of USH - What's Next?

I agree with Shrek. And in all honesty, bring back T2:3D as well. I know that's a WHOOOOOLE elaborate setup, but it's probably the best sequel to T2 there is. And it's infinitely better than freakin' Minions.

The film for Shrek was fine, but the seat motions were absolutely terrible.

Even with these improved seats, I'd rather see a new movie that could utilize them better.

Even with these improved seats, I'd rather see a new movie that could utilize them better.
Scared Shrekless
Monsters vs Aliens Halloween
Merry Madagascar
Shrek The Halls

....just pointing out the obvious & they have the proper theme park runtime of roughly 15mins

Just my opinion, but I’d prefer new material be created over Universal using the theater to screen dated specials that are now over 10-15 years old.
Keep in mind, that'd require them to spend even more money and no guarantee of the voice actors returning. Sure they could be replaced, but there's also the amount of $$$$ for story/animation required. It isn't that simple to just magically create something "new". Hell, even the current Kung Fu Panda attraction film isn't "new".

Despite being easily available, there's plenty of park guests who've never seen the Halloween/Holiday short films. Hell, years ago I had the Shrek 4D DVD and my friend had never been to FL or CA, so he never saw it before or that it existed.

So while YOU might want something "new", there's still thousands of people that would be seeing it for the first time. And there's really no need to spend the money on a new 10-15min attraction film for the brief Halloween/holiday season if the existing short films are usable.

Keep in mind, that'd require them to spend even more money and no guarantee of the voice actors returning. Sure they could be replaced, but there's also the amount of $$$$ for story/animation required. It isn't that simple to just magically create something "new". Hell, even the current Kung Fu Panda attraction film isn't "new".

Despite being easily available, there's plenty of park guests who've never seen the Halloween/Holiday short films. Hell, years ago I had the Shrek 4D DVD and my friend had never been to FL or CA, so he never saw it before or that it existed.

So while YOU might want something "new", there's still thousands of people that would be seeing it for the first time. And there's really no need to spend the money on a new 10-15min attraction film for the brief Halloween/holiday season if the existing short films are usable.

Hence why I added the qualifier "just my opinion."

I'd be down for Bad Guys or Puss in Boots....but I bet its HTTYD because merch and its popular

Any of these would be great! HTTYD would be my bet, too, but I'll take either of the other two for sure. I just don't want to see this theater and its capabilities grow stagnant with the same video for years to come, because at this point, it's already a "skip unless I'm with someone who hasn't done it before" sort of experience.

Last edited:
Hence why I added the qualifier "just my opinion."

Any of these would be great! HTTYD would be my bet, too, but I'll take either of the other two for sure. I just don't want to see this theater and its capabilities grow stagnant with the same video for years to come, because at this point, it's already a "skip unless I'm with someone who hasn't done it before" sort of experience.
I like it mainly to cool off and just rest a few mins but I do wish it had more shows....would not hurt at all. As long as its not Trolls...im good on whatever IP but would love to see a newer one if they want to surprise us

I feel like I could've SWOOOOORN there was something about Trolls being utilized in this theater back when Kung Fu Panda was announced.

My point is it feels like a real sequel...Panda while cute feels like a side quest.

I just hope the next film feels more special and connected to the films better.

So! We've been waiting a bit and as they are beginning to relabel Soundstages ahead of the impending debut of Barham, it's finally happened for soundstage's.

For the Front Lot, the changes go as follows:

SS41, SS42 to be relabeled: SS15, SS16
SS43, SS44 to be relabeled: SS18, SS19
SS33 to SS36 to be relabeled as SS20, SS21, SS22, & SS23
SS37 to be relabeled SS24
SS16, SS17 to be relabeled: SS7/SS8
SS18-20 to be relabeled to SS9-SS11
SS21 to be relabeled: SS14
SS22 and SS23 to be relabeled as SS25 and SS26
SS's 24, 25, 26, and 27 to be relabeled as SS30, SS31, SS32, and SS33

SS29 will stay the same label. Barham's numbers will be SS40, SS41, SS42, SS43, SS44, SS45, SS46, and SS47 respectively. I am confident that the remaining stages leading to SS40 are the remaining stages to be built at the Red Sea.

The Studios Lot Map for 2022 has been released and it has imperfections; that I assume will be patched out next year when the Creative Campus opens, and if Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift begins in January.

Last edited:
So! We've been waiting a bit and as they are beginning to relabel Soundstages ahead of the impending debut of Barham, it's finally happened for soundstage's.

For the Front Lot, the changes go as follows:

SS41, SS42 to be relabeled: SS15, SS16
SS43, SS44 to be relabeled: SS18, SS19
SS33-36 to be relabeled: SS20-SS23
SS37 to be relabeled SS24
SS16, SS17 to be relabeled: SS7/SS8
SS18-20 to be relabeled to SS9-SS11
SS21 to be relabeled: SS14
SS22 and SS23 to be relabeled as SS25 and SS26
SS's 24, 25, 26, and 27 to be relabeled as SS30, SS31, SS32, and SS33

SS29 will stay the same label. Barham's numbers will be SS40, SS41, SS42, SS43, SS44, SS45, SS46, and SS47 respectively. I am confident that the remaining stages leading to SS40 are the remaining stages to be built at the Red Sea.

The Studios Lot Map for 2022 has been released and it has imperfections; that I assume will be patched out next year when the Creative Campus opens, and if Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift begins in January.
You're doing God's work with putting this together. Also just gonna add that permits have been filed to "Install infill framing and metal deck over existing pits and infill drive aisle at closed attraction," at the Fast and Furious: Extreme Close-Up location. Guess this means the car pits are being filled, and it is time to officially say goodbye to what was once the disappointing Fast and Furious attraction :sadwave:

You're doing God's work with putting this together. Also just gonna add that permits have been filed to "Install infill framing and metal deck over existing pits and infill drive aisle at closed attraction," at the Fast and Furious: Extreme Close-Up location. Guess this means the car pits are being filled, and it is time to officially say goodbye to what was once the disappointing Fast and Furious attraction :sadwave:

The only way one can cure USH of the Gasolina curse, is if Gasolina plays as the song as the cars get to the main break run.

It's the only way.

Honestly if they were smart, I'd actually expand the prop car selection to have an expansion of cars. Use the roundabout to move cars from Whoville over, done respectfully and in the same way it is being done already.