Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

State of USH - What's Next?

There could be, or there could not be. They've opened two days in the past week for only a small portion of the day so this is how I assume they'd do it going forward. They have a whole bunch of AP Previews to work on smoothing out operations too

Thanks for confirming this - I wasn't clear if there were any "public" softs this past week, but saw anecdotal evidence that there may have been, at least briefly.

I would assume no public softs on any day there are AP previews scheduled.

So with them still gutting the AA and SES buildings do you have any thoughts on whether it is still possible to make the 2024 (at this point presumably summer based on the time line for JW at IOA) deadline for F&F or will it be pushed back to 2025? And I think it is safe to assume DK will be the 2026 addition. Beyond that it's anyone's guess where and what the next addition beyond DK will be. If I had to guess, the 2027 (assuming there is something that year) addition will take out Mummy and the soundstages to the left of it for a whole new land which I could see being the classic monsters land from EU with the axed stage show in place of the family coaster since DK will already be nearby as the family coaster and USH needs a new stage show badly after losing SES and AA. And the rumored Creature of The Black Lagoon boat ride expansion for EU can go where Mummy is. Classic Monsters could happen in 2027 if they break ground early next year and move fast. For 2028 I think that would be the Simpsons replacement. Based on the location, I don't think a classic monsters land would work well in that spot as it could be nowhere as immersive as EU's and would revive the "Smaller than UOR" Stereotype USH has be trying to shed. As for what IP would replace the Simpsons and maybe tram stop Is anyone's guess. My guess is they would use the Simpsons plot for a E ticket dark ride (think Jurassic World from USB) Sign off on what IP you think should replace the Simpsons since I am at a loss of what could.

So with them still gutting the AA and SES buildings do you have any thoughts on whether it is still possible to make the 2024 (at this point presumably summer based on the time line for JW at IOA) deadline for F&F or will it be pushed back to 2025? And I think it is safe to assume DK will be the 2026 addition. Beyond that it's anyone's guess where and what the next addition beyond DK will be. If I had to guess, the 2027 (assuming there is something that year) addition will take out Mummy and the soundstages to the left of it for a whole new land which I could see being the classic monsters land from EU with the axed stage show in place of the family coaster since DK will already be nearby as the family coaster and USH needs a new stage show badly after losing SES and AA. And the rumored Creature of The Black Lagoon boat ride expansion for EU can go where Mummy is. Classic Monsters could happen in 2027 if they break ground early next year and move fast. For 2028 I think that would be the Simpsons replacement.
2024 is definitely their goal, and I think it's doable. It's a mostly unthemed steal coaster, we've seen how fast those go up in Epic. It's the load station that might take some time but totally doable. And given all the drama between NoA and USH it would make sense to me that DK is fast-tracked to 2025. It'd be a bit difficult but I think something they could absolutely manage.

Just based on the way Hollywood's audiences respond to classic monsters during HHN, I wonder if that'd give them pause on bringing it over here. And it looks like they basically don't even sell the merch anymore now that Production Central in the park closed. Totally speculative on my point though

Based on the location, I don't think a classic monsters land would work well in that spot as it could be nowhere as immersive as EU's and would revive the "Smaller than UOR" Stereotype USH has be trying to shed.
Is this something Hollywood is really trying to shed? Nothing they've done would make me think that. I also think Simpsons might be safer than we give it credit for

2024 is definitely their goal, and I think it's doable. It's a mostly unthemed steal coaster, we've seen how fast those go up in Epic. It's the load station that might take some time but totally doable. And given all the drama between NoA and USH it would make sense to me that DK is fast-tracked to 2025. It'd be a bit difficult but I think something they could absolutely manage.

Just based on the way Hollywood's audiences respond to classic monsters during HHN, I wonder if that'd give them pause on bringing it over here. And it looks like they basically don't even sell the merch anymore now that Production Central in the park closed. Totally speculative on my point though

Is this something Hollywood is really trying to shed? Nothing they've done would make me think that. I also think Simpsons might be safer than we give it credit for
The Simpsons Ride is dated and I think it is time to do something fresh with the space. I am pretty sure Universal (with an in-house IP mission) wants to move on and level the building for a new ride. And when you say Simpsons is safer than we give it credit for, that means it could very stay through the entirety of 2028 and close in 2029?

The Simpsons Ride is dated and I think it is time to do something fresh with the space. I am pretty sure Universal (with an in-house IP mission) wants to move on and level the building for a new ride. And when you say Simpsons is safer than we give it credit for, that means it could very stay through the entirety of 2028 and close in 2029?
I agree something needs to be done with the space, but Universal has higher priorities than dealing with a land that currently is making them a ton in food. This land is also a very key point in crowd-flow which makes replacing a bit trickier. There's a lot of pure expansion space that adds capacity, they just got rid of two shows so I think/hope those are the priorities. Basically, if they're able to get Disney on board, I do believe they'll keep this till at least the Olympics are up. But time will tell

I agree something needs to be done with the space, but Universal has higher priorities than dealing with a land that currently is making them a ton in food. This land is also a very key point in crowd-flow which makes replacing a bit trickier. There's a lot of pure expansion space that adds capacity, they just got rid of two shows so I think/hope those are the priorities. Basically, if they're able to get Disney on board, I do believe they'll keep this till at least the Olympics are up. But time will tell
I think they will already be able to keep the Simpsons through the Olympics. The Simpsons contract lapses in 2028 but there is no specific date on when in 2028 that can be. I agree with you that one of those bigger priorities after F&F and DK would be removing Mummy and the soundstages next to it. You could do a pretty impressive land with all that space and maybe 2 E tickets.

If they go two story like SLOP, I feel like they could take out the water play area and the restaurants there on french street to give us a Villains con ride.

Or....Luigi Mansion downstairs

Like @Cygnus said, it's a shared database, but one can dream.

I would prefer they just raze Mel's and the French facades to extend Super Silly Fun Land down Minion Way with some flats.

Last edited:
Like @Cygnus said, it's a shared database, but one can dream.

I would prefer they just raze Mel's and the French facades to extend Super Silly Fun Land down Minion Way with some flats.
Villain Con will stay exclusive to USF I bet. Maybe down the line USH can get an interactive shooter but something more substantial in line with Midway Mania where the space is bigger and you are in a ride car.

It will be interesting to see how things play out but lines right now are great besides MK and even that was only 60 mins the first hour of opening