Staying Power of CityWalk Clubs? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Staying Power of CityWalk Clubs?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I always envisioned Red Coconut to be exactly like the Coco Bongo club in The Mask where Cameron Diaz was singing, was sad that it wasn't. They could make it work if they made it more that style, I could definitely see that trend coming back around soon.

Don't get me started on the design of Orlando's CityWalk. I could write a 90 page dissertation on how poorly it was designed. The entire upper level is completely hidden from view! And how about that staircase where BreadBox etc is? Nothing as inviting as a 6 story staircase at the end of a long day in the parks.

That staircase is supposed to resemble Lombard St in San Francisco.

Perhaps the upper level for the clubs seems inconvenient, but it's great for private functions, and that is when you realize how many people want to go to Pat O's or Marley's; just close those venues down for a few hours and see how popular they are. There is limited space there, so making an upper level makes perfect sense in this case.

Great memories of the college bars long time ago. Slippery Rock was a dry town at that time, so no bars, but lot's of great apartment & townhouse keg parties. Or, we'd hitchhike (you could do that back then) all the way into Oakland area of Pittsburgh (Pitt Univ.) and hit the college bars. They were all dives but they were great fun....But the older I got, my tastes changed. So the types of bars desired & enjoyed really become a factor of age, income and interests demographics.

I'm a Pitt grad, LOVED those bars! Spent probably way too much time at them too. We mostly hung out at Zelda's Greenhouse, but there was also the Sanctuary (or Scumtuary as we called it) and The Decade for live bands and lots of fights. Good times, good times.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They deff could add a huge arcade with bowling etc and make a shopping center up there with lil things you can bring back to your room. Also build a bar/club that is themed to universals movies and its soundtracks.

You're still a little young for that. Clubbing is what people in their mid-to-late 20s do to feel young again.
Not if you find the right venue. House of Blues on Sundays/Wednesdays can be great. Although it used to be packed every week, now it's hit or miss ever since Disney made HOB change the age restriction from 19 to 21. Now HOB gets less of the DCPers and they just party in their apartments more, which is unfortunate because it used to be the place to go to relieve stress every week and you knew it would be packed.

I get it from a legal standpoint though, although i'm worried for the future of the club at HOB. This is very similar to what happened during the downfall of the clubs at PI.

Wow. I was a judge for the "Best Legs In Pittsburgh" contest at Zelda's. Also used to hit the Wooden Keg, Woolfart's plus the others you mentioned. And always a hotdog & milkshake at the Original O
I'm a Pitt grad, LOVED those bars! Spent probably way too much time at them too. We mostly hung out at Zelda's Greenhouse, but there was also the Sanctuary (or Scumtuary as we called it) and The Decade for live bands and lots of fights. Good times, good times.
. Great times.

Yes? Especially when you're in that age range.
Makes me sound old, but over here in the UK, it literally isnt what it used to be.

Back in the day you had to wear trousers shirt and shoes, no denim or converse etc. Now anything seems to go. Has it changed much in the States?

Makes me sound old, but over here in the UK, it literally isnt what it used to be.

Back in the day you had to wear trousers shirt and shoes, no denim or converse etc. Now anything seems to go. Has it changed much in the States?
Honestly it depends the type of venue you seek out (type of clientele that venue attracts) and location. Few areas in the US demand much in terms of a strict dress code anymore outside of Vegas, NYC, LA and Miami.

Doesn't mean people still don't dress to impress when they go out, but you have to keep in mind what the standards of "dress to impress" are in youth culture. It's mostly about sex. Even in places in those higher end cities like Vegas, NYC or Miami it's the same. They're just a tad more classy about it.