Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes | Inside Universal Forums

Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Until HHN and "It", here is a light Stephen King appatizer.

Mr. Mercedes is King's crack at "Noir Crime Novel". The show is a King novel translated to screen by David E. Kelly and directed by Sopranos/Game of Thrones director Jack Bender. The lead is Brendan Gleeson (Mad Eye Moody). This is King not being intense.

Buckle up. Pretty sure you're not ready for this.

Mr. Mercedes | An AT&T Original Series on AUDIENCE Network

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I didn't know David Kelly wrote Twin Peaks. I really like Kelly - created some of my favorite series. I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Mercedes now.

And gotta find the episodes he wrote for Twin Peaks...

I didn't know David Kelly wrote Twin Peaks. I really like Kelly - created some of my favorite series. I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Mercedes now.

And gotta find the episodes he wrote for Twin Peaks...
I did a little research, and I was incorrect. David E. Kelly didn't write on Twin Peaks. I was remembering an interview I saw with him where he was talking about Twin Peaks/David Lynch and how it influenced his work. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm going to correct my original post now.

No one yet?

Maybe I didn't tease this correctly.

"(Expletive) Insane!"
"Jawdroppingly Inappropriate!"
"That's (Expletive) up."

You know how stuff too intense for network get pushed to cable (HBO, etc.) And stuff too intense for cable goes to Netflix. Now I know where the stuff too intense for Netflix ends up.

You can stream the first 2 episode for free at the link below:

Mr. Mercedes | An AT&T Original Series on AUDIENCE Network