Steven Spielberg returns to Universal Pictures | Inside Universal Forums

Steven Spielberg returns to Universal Pictures

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It mentions that it involves DreamWorks as well. I wonder if this would have an effect on any of their properties and the parks or if it'll be just involve the movie side.

Extremely happy to hear of the move on the film side..but I have a feeling that no impact will be made to the parks due to this.

What if he has some big popular movie franchise he makes and it's good enough to put in the 3rd park?

Spielberg was VERY important to the creation of the existing attractions, both due to input from his films and even Spiderman had his input at IOA.

So does this mean Dreamworks (Katzenberger/Spielberg) and Amblin (Spielbergs solo company) are going to be under Universal because then that would be fantastic?

So does this mean Dreamworks (Katzenberger/Spielberg) and Amblin (Spielbergs solo company) are going to be under Universal because then that would be fantastic?

If that's the case; it won't count DWA (DreamWorks Animation) due to that being...situated to Fox Studios. But, if it is the case; then that..could prove interesting.

The Dreamworks films were previously released by Disney. Disney had to let the deal expire as they simply don't have enough room on their schedule anymore.

The Dreamworks films were previously released by Disney. Disney had to let the deal expire as they simply don't have enough room on their schedule anymore.

If that's the case...and if Universal releases it, and does well to garner sequels..i wouldn't mind Ghost in The Shell being used for some capacity for the parks.

If that's the case...and if Universal releases it, and does well to garner sequels..i wouldn't mind Ghost in The Shell being used for some capacity for the parks.

Ghost in the Shell will not be distributed by Disney but instead Universal for the United States distributor and Paramount internationally. The biggest benefit for Universal is that if they buy these companies out which they have the option to do so, Universal will own international rights to the entire Criterion Collection. Reliance Entertainment films will be at their disposal and they will have their own oscar winning division finally with Participant media.

^ What is Ghost in the Shell and what does it have to do with Spielberg?

Ghost in the Shell is a film based of an anime under Dreamworks.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The last film it seems Disney has on their schedule with Dreamworks/Amblin is The BFG next year. For reference of their relationship, the first film released in the Disney/DW deal was The Help back in 2011. The most recent film was Bridge of Spies.

Also, as it stands now, Ghost in The Shell isn't listed as having a distributor yet (although it'd be obvious to assume Universal after this deal). They do have one film being distributed by Warner Brothers down the pipeline though. The Girl on the Train is set to be the first distributed by Universal next fall.

Interesting...just found out though Universal had the overall rights to Wicked, Dreamworks had the production rights and were the development company for the film which makes sense why they wouldn't have made it a film while working for Disney.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Interesting...just found out though Universal had the overall rights to Wicked, Dreamworks had the production rights and were the development company for the film which makes sense why they wouldn't have made it a film while working for Disney.

then I guess..it could be safe to assume that it may be possible that Universal will finally get that fast-tracked, as I believe they had every intention to do a Wicked film in the past, no?

Either way, i'm so happy that Amblin is back but what makes me even more excited is DreamWorks live-action possibly (probably) coming back to Universal, which can always bring some fun with it.

When did he ever leave Universal? I believe he can still have projects with other companies, right? Was Lincoln an Amblin enterprise?

Spielberg's last Universal film was Munich in 2005. Before that it was Lost World in 1997.

Here's the list of franchises that Spielberg has been a part of that are previously or currently at Universal Orlando (for the heck of it):

Jaws
MIB
Back to the Future
E.T.
Shrek
Jurassic Park
An American Tail (Fievel)

Here's the list of franchises that Spielberg has been a part of that are previously or currently at Universal Orlando (for the heck of it):

Jaws
MIB
Back to the Future
E.T.
Shrek
Jurassic Park
An American Tail (Fievel)

Transformers also, and don't forget Spielberg had a cameo (as the county clerk they pay the orphanage taxes to) in Blues Brothers.

Transformers also, and don't forget Spielberg had a cameo (as the county clerk they pay the orphanage taxes to) in Blues Brothers.

I only found that out a few weeks ago and I must have seen that film about 20 plus times.

He was also an executive producer was Twister.