Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stitch Replacement Ideas

Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Since we've been going on about this in the WWOHP2 thread, why not have a thread to discuss it properly! :thumbs: Face it, for most of us, this is a waste of time. Why not replace it with something worthwhile? Any ideas (Yes, you can bring back AE)? IMO a 4D show based on WALLE would work well in here.

Stitch is way down on the list of things TDO would even consider funding a replacement for. And the list is practically nonexistent, itself.

Something Wall E would be cool but really how much room do they have to work with. Not sure what they could squezze into the area Stitch is in. Would almost have to be the same type of format its in now. Besides, isn't Stitch still pretty popular as far as characters go?

Last edited:
Something Walled would be cool but really how much room do they have to work with. Not sure what they could squezze into the area Stitch is in. Would almost have to be the same type of format its in now. Besides, isn't Stitch still pretty popular as far as characters go?

Stitch= Yes
Stitch's Great Escape= :pound: NO

^Stitch's Great Escape not popular? Here's a picture from my trip over the summer:

img6604x.jpg

Alright, I know that queue length does not determine a ride's popularity, plus summer crowds, blah blah blah. However, to many first time guests, Stitch's Great Escape is still a new experience and, therefore, still gets its fair share of riders. As many as Space Mountain or Buzz Lightyear? No, of course not, but I doubt it's low enough to justify a transformation. Pure speculation, of course.

Although, I wonder, if there was a fire in the attic of the building, maybe it'd be reason to go ahead and update the attraction? :lol:

They should really turn it into a darker, more intense version of the same ride. Preferably with a meaner looking alien and terrifying effects. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to think of a catchy title for the ride too.

Oh wait.. :bored:

Test Track 2.0 looks pretty original to me.

let's be honest. they were so borrowing Tron Legacy. the design is not original.

and original in the sense that there was an original story. Test Track itself is just about how the process of making cars goes. like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean had original stories, and it's been a long time since Disney's done something like that.

let's be honest. they were so borrowing Tron Legacy. the design is not original.

and original in the sense that there was an original story. Test Track itself is just about how the process of making cars goes. like Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean had original stories, and it's been a long time since Disney's done something like that.

The only thing borrowed from Tron is neon lights, but whatever.

Either way:

Everest in 2006, or did they borrow that from Harry and the Hendersons?

Test Track 2.0 looks pretty original to me.

Technicalities but Disney did not fund it so much as General Motors and Imagineers Co-designed it.
Test Track 2.0 replaced Test Track 1.0. So nothing original was gained so to speak(as far as an additional original attraction) if that makes sense. Haha.

And I think the statement is more made towards Disney's Magic Kingdom. At least when I made the post in reference to what to relace Stitch with.

Last edited:
It would be hard to put anything new into Stitch. It's a very small area, plus you can't rip the ride down because the track of the Tomorrowland Transit Ride is in the way. It can't be much more than a theatre show/4D Ride unless the rip into the gift shops around it.