Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes an elaborate meet and greet area for not just Stitch but Monsters Inc and Buzz Lightyear as well. If it does become the home to these meet and greets, it's gonna stay like that for a long time.

My biggest fear is that this M&G will get high GSATs and it will be a long ass time before we see a new attraction in there.

I still maintain that the Stitch AA - when in its prime - was worth the proverbial price of admission. I won't miss the attraction, but I'll miss that AA, and I certainly won't be pleased to see a meet-and-great taking over for an indefinite amount of time...

... because M&Gs are not attractions, despite what Disney wants us to believe.

From a functional standpoint, the space is readymade for a multi room character experience. With some budget it could be Tomorrowland's enchanted tales with Belle.

And there is a guest segment that sees characters as an attraction - if not THE attraction of the parks.

Is it overcatered to? People cite the long lines for meets as a show of their popularity, but forget they have abysmal capacity.

But who do you think agrees to do focus groups..?

Reactions: tankart150
Just like with Timekeeper the holding pen will be turned into a standard meet and greet. Do I have inside info? Not here. But history does tend to repeat itself in instances like this.

Just like with Timekeeper the holding pen will be turned into a standard meet and greet. Do I have inside info? Not here. But history does tend to repeat itself in instances like this.

I think it's less of a plan and more like the general opportunistic nature of entertainment. They see an unused guest space with AC and pounce on it.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Which begs the question - if WDI needed a space to test something, why would they do it at MK?

When you test there's two major factors - space that's useable/accessible/fits your needs, and then the appropriate guests in the area. You don't move guests around unless you absolutely have to.

So why not set up shop in a big empty building at Epcot (which they usually do) and is close to their offices (which it is) and instead go to MK?

For the "unique guests" that are MK? Really you only do that for marketing stuff for single day ticket holders and young families. Otherwise for most any other groups you can find representation at Epcot.

For the record, that Star Wars VR thing that's going into (is it already open?) at Once Upon a Toy was tested at Epcot.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
perhaps they're integrating whatever is being tested into the physical equipment in SGE, instead of moving the theaters in the round they're testing stuff there

perhaps they're integrating whatever is being tested into the physical equipment in SGE, instead of moving the theaters in the round they're testing stuff there

But Stitch was still capable of operating, which suggests very little was touched inside. So I suspect JH got his wires crossed and no such testing was done inside the building - short of an upgrade for the AA to a meet/greet puppet setup.

But Stitch was still capable of operating, which suggests very little was touched inside. So I suspect JH got his wires crossed and no such testing was done inside the building - short of an upgrade for the AA to a meet/greet puppet setup.

Oh idk who @Disneyhead heard the testing thing from, I brought up JH because of the virtual reality attraction rumor for that area.

All I was told is they are testing something in there. And this was told to me yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's not the VR thing.

I'm guessing an upgrade or a total do over is on the near horizon for this spot.

Testing TRON seats to see how big of a problem they are going to have. lol

All I was told is they are testing something in there. And this was told to me yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's not the VR thing.

I'm guessing an upgrade or a total do over is on the near horizon for this spot.
They're testing fart smells. When the kids hug Stitch at the proposed M&G, Stitch farts. Disney's attempt at interactivity. ;):lol:

Rumor is they are testing more Living Character Initiative tech. Trying to get an AA version of Laugh Floor.
That would be absolutely awesome. Disney absolutely destroys everybody else when it comes to character encounters. I love all of the LCI stuff they've done and I hope they do more. When people (myself included) talk about Disney magic, there's often a character involved.

There's not a Disney M&G that I, as an adult, have any desire to attend. I can understand the allure to children for Disney M&G though. On the other hand, the Universal M&G shows (Transformers, Raptors, Donkey/Shrek) are highly entertaining and I get a blast out of watching them.