Subtle Change to Fast Pass+ System | Inside Universal Forums

Subtle Change to Fast Pass+ System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mad Dog

V.I.P. Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
From Touring Plans this morning;
"One subtle change that we've noticed in the past year is that Disney has increased the number of 'day-of-fastpasses' available. That is, you'll find FP available for riders on the day you're in the park now more than ever..... The benefit to you is that you might get a FP that wasn't available when you made your FP selections 30 or 60 days ago.....The benefit to Disney happens when a FP ride breaks down unexpectedly. When that happens, your FP selection for that ride can be transferred to almost any other ride. If a high volume ride like POC breaks down for several hours, the other FP attractions (other then excepted rides) in the MK have to accept thousands of unplanned FP. By increasing the number of 'day-of FP' , Disney has to replace fewer 'made-in advance-FP', which puts less strain on the other rides to make up the slack'.".................................................(Note: No 'day-of-FP' are available for 7 Dwarfs, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Frozen, FOP, Na Vi River......But it is possible to get those if someone cancels their FP that day.......(On another note, on FOP, looking at the 60 day chart, depending on the crowd level, FP availability is generally at the 62 to 64 day mark. Which means, if you have a 5 day on site vacation, you probably won't be able to get a fastpass, at the earliest, until your second to fourth day of your vacation)

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
As a local i've noticed this a bit. Rarely have an issue getting the Fastpass I want day of normally.

Then again, I never really had too much of an issue with the system to begin with...

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I also heard they with the latest update of MDE, they made it so you can't change your party anymore? Did I read that here?

Yeah, had a family trip recently and had no issues with FP's(minus FOP). I didn't even book my FP's in advance, I reserved them on the way to the hotel.

Reactions: Mad Dog