Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sunrail to the Parks

ajent

Umbrella Corp
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2008
DB FL
I live near Daytona and this Sunrail might be awesome for me. If I can drive to DeBary and park, then ride to the Sandlake Sunrail Station, is there a bus that would take me from that station to Disney or Universal? All I can see is lynx but they depart every 60 minutes, and travel time for Universal from that station is telling me over an hour trip one way?

I take Lynx all the time since I don't drive, a lot of the routes are slow because they go around everywhere.
I looked at the sunrail station in Sandlake, no direct routes to Universal there, it would be easier to get off at Lynx Central Station and then take a bus from there. The 21 drops in Universal, 50 minutes drive though, zig zags through a lot of little roads. I already wrote Lynx a bunch of times telling them they need to consider an express bus to Universal.

Ah alright thanks for the reply. I might ride the sunrail to orlando and back just to see what it's like. Magic Kingdom's train is the only one I've ever been on, lol

bus number 40 also leaves from Lynx Central station to universal and it is a little bit shorter than the 21, like 10 minutes shorter and it doesn't do so many zig zags around town.

You sure? I thought the 40 usually takes longer, except for early morning ones.
In any case, I hope they will eventually create a new route that takes you to Universal faster, I emailed customer service a few times about this.
A lot of times, when going to Universal, I take the 38 and then walk from wet 'n wild, not that it is faster, it is just a nicer bus ride.

it is a little bit shorter. like 10 minutes, 21 does too much zig zag before getting into Valencia and then it goes around. I hate the 21's trip because it does so many turns around. 40 is a little bit more straight.