Super Nintendo World - Early Entry into rope drop? | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Early Entry into rope drop?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 17, 2016
Canada
As I gear up with planning our trip to SoCal, with one day at USH, wanted to gauge the perspectives of others. Our trip would be mid-June.

Has anyone done the early entry, and what was the experience in terms of rope drop after park officially opens?

Example: if I am inside SNW at 8am, and park opens at 9am, can I leave SNW at 8:50am, and hangout in the lower lot until the rides open? What is the best rope drop strategy? As a note, I have no plans to buy a band, so my goal is to ride Mario Kart, perhaps twice, meet some characters, and enjoy the atmosphere of the land before it’s packed.

My thought is if I can knock out SNW in that early hour, then hit up rides in the lower lot, and work my way to the studio tour to use the express included with the early entry (which expires at 11am), that would be a successful use of that time, before moving to upper lot?

Does this strategy work? How fast do the lower lot rides fill?

As I gear up with planning our trip to SoCal, with one day at USH, wanted to gauge the perspectives of others. Our trip would be mid-June.

Has anyone done the early entry, and what was the experience in terms of rope drop after park officially opens?

Example: if I am inside SNW at 8am, and park opens at 9am, can I leave SNW at 8:50am, and hangout in the lower lot until the rides open? What is the best rope drop strategy? As a note, I have no plans to buy a band, so my goal is to ride Mario Kart, perhaps twice, meet some characters, and enjoy the atmosphere of the land before it’s packed.

My thought is if I can knock out SNW in that early hour, then hit up rides in the lower lot, and work my way to the studio tour to use the express included with the early entry (which expires at 11am), that would be a successful use of that time, before moving to upper lot?

Does this strategy work? How fast do the lower lot rides fill?
Early entry at USH isn't what I would expect or have experienced early entry to be in other parks ie Disney or Orlando.

When I used early entry they kept us all waiting at the main gates until at least 8.20, then once in they kept everyone at Universal box office until 8:45, then finally they let everyone down and into SNW. I got one ride before the line was up to 30+mins and all the 9am guests were coming in and the land was already packed.

I don't think i'd pay the $20 again. It's essentially like paying for one lightening Lane on ROTR at Disneyland but in quite an amateurish way (there was some very questionable service on display)

Everyone was heading to SNW so getting the other lower lot rides done straight after SNW wasn't a problem.

Early entry at USH isn't what I would expect or have experienced early entry to be in other parks ie Disney or Orlando.

When I used early entry they kept us all waiting at the main gates until at least 8.20, then once in they kept everyone at Universal box office until 8:45, then finally they let everyone down and into SNW. I got one ride before the line was up to 30+mins and all the 9am guests were coming in and the land was already packed.

I don't think i'd pay the $20 again. It's essentially like paying for one lightening Lane on ROTR at Disneyland but in quite an amateurish way (there was some very questionable service on display)

Everyone was heading to SNW so getting the other lower lot rides done straight after SNW wasn't a problem.

That seems so odd. Isn’t SNW supposed to open 1 hour before the park for the early entry tickets? Did something go wrong that day?

When I went a few days ago, they let us down to the lower lot around 5ish mins before the park officially opened

By the time we got to the bottom of the hills guests were finishing Jurassic so I assume the lower lot rides open about 5 mins before or at the time the park does.

You can easily get all 3 rides done within an hour if you are there rope drop or in the lower lot because of SNW Early Entry

Reactions: Evan
When I went a few days ago, they let us down to the lower lot around 5ish mins before the park officially opened

By the time we got to the bottom of the hills guests were finishing Jurassic so I assume the lower lot rides open about 5 mins before or at the time the park does.

You can easily get all 3 rides done within an hour if you are there rope drop or in the lower lot because of SNW Early Entry

I think that’s my plan, and then use the studio tour express pass we get after. Move into upper lot, and hope for the best

Reactions: Jerroddragon
My experience from September:

We got to the park later than we wanted to, but were in Super Nintendo World by about 8:20, and off of Mario Kart by 8:50. We spent time looking around the land, but then did all the other lower lot attractions (Transformers, Mummy, Jurassic) by 10am. I don't believe any of those three queues were open prior to 9am.

I thought the Early Entry was worth it for that jump start on the day.

That seems so odd. Isn’t SNW supposed to open 1 hour before the park for the early entry tickets? Did something go wrong that day?
Didn't look like anything went wrong and from @Jerroddragon's experience it doesn't sound like this is unusual.

I just think it's not what early entry SHOULD be. Early entry should be in the park and straight into the land early. Hopefully you have a better experience than I did.