Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

With USH's latest app update, SNW assets have been loaded into the app!

DHmu3GT.png

Great finds Cygnus!!! So it looks like the Bowser Jr. experience will be in icy area which is interesting, also no indication of a Yoshi Island entrance?
The green pipe with the race flag marker under Mount Beanpole is likely what takes us to the Yoshi's Island segment (aka the extended extended queue for Mario Kart).

It also appears that we have four of the five key challenges from Japan.

So the Mt Beanpole section is semi-co firmed to be the extended queue for Mario Kart huh? Any possibility that the extended queue is a placeholder for something else down the line once they don’t really need that extended queue space anymore? The entire second floor for the Mario Kart building is going to be queue space so I don’t see them using that space past the first year of opening.

Don't hold off on that. I count four challenges.

- Giant Piranha Plant
- Goomba on Rolling Platform
- Indoor Question Block Challenge
- Pipe-Puzzle Challenge.

There's also a maze like corridor further to the left from Bowser Jr, with doors to enter and exit on that portion.

Okay, my guesses:

1) Entrance to the upper level for Mario Kart
2) Entrance to whatever mini game is inside
3) The shop?
4) Another entrance to some mini game?
5) presuming an entrance somewhere over here to the Bowser Jr. Game

3hdt9SS.jpeg

It looks like the best area from Japan was left out (the underground with the Bob-OMB mini game). Why.
Due to the more compact form factor for USH's SNW it was either the Bob-OMB game or Toads Cafe and the latter was chosen as an eatery will make more money than a mini game.

So been trying my best, and I think I have a compilation of what we will and won't have? Some bits gathered by the help of others; but this seems to be the strongest notion.

Ground-Floor:
- Princess Peach's M&G (Next to Peaches Castle)
- Character Stage for Mario, Luigi, and Toad (
Center of Ground-Floor)
- Goomba Crazy Crank (
Next to One-Up Factory, one of the Key Challenges)
- Piranha Plant Nap Mishap (
Next to Exit, One of the Key Challenges)
- One-Up Factory (
Gift Shop for Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge)
- Restrooms (
In-between Toadstool's Cafe and One-Up Factory)
- Toadstool's Cafe
- Koopa-Troopa Power Punch (
Next to Bowser Jr's Challenge, One of the Key Challenges)
- Thwomp Panel Panic (
Next to Toadstool's Cafe and the Mt. Beanpole entrance, One of the Key Challenges)
- Exploration Chambers (
Two locations. One to the right of Princess Peaches Castle, and one next to the exit of Super Nintendo World)
- Bowser Jr. Shadow Showdown (
Earn Three Key Challenges to unlock the ability to go and face Bowser Jr)

As guests head to Mt. Beanpole, there is a sign that is not the proper entrance sign for Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, but is a directional that points to where people need to go.

Upper-Floor:
- Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge (Entrance on Second Floor, exits down into One-Up Factory)
- Underground Maze (
Shrinking maze seen in the Osaka Nintendo Direct)
- Binocular Stand (
Left Side of Mt. Beanpole as you go up)

Unknown in positional, but we do have a Yoshi's Island experience that seems to be multi-floored and potentially unique to the Universal Studios Hollywood park. I do not think this is Bowser's Challenge Extended Queue. As for what we don't have...

- Yoshi's Adventure (The Omnimover Dark Ride)
- Mario Motors (
That was the gift shop for Osaka and Orlando's Bowser's Challenge)

- Bob-omb Kaboom Room (Would've been connected to the Shrinking maze)
- Slot Machines
- Yoshi Snack Island
- Pit Stop Popcorn
- Note Block Rock

Last edited:
I wonder if USH will set up a food cart within SNW where they can sell the food items from Pit stop popcorn and Yoshi's snack island? Seems like there's several outdoor seating areas in the land, so maybe there's still hope for that.