Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Yeah--DK is probably what we'll get more than anything for USH with the park as a whole.

As far as a second gate could ever be considered..it isn't impossible to consider both Poke and Zelda could come, just handled in way's that differentiate themselves.
Its interesting you think this along with the other poster when so many don't think Mummy will be here by 2028. I mean we will be getting some new besides DK before 2028 besides Tram/show updates.

Its interesting you think this along with the other poster when so many don't think Mummy will be here by 2028. I mean we will be getting some new besides DK before 2028 besides Tram/show updates.

Not to speak for Alex ,but I think he was talking about Nintendo related expansion, and not saying that there wouldn't be other non Nintendo related attractions at USH before 2028.

Not to speak for Alex ,but I think he was talking about Nintendo related expansion, and not saying that there wouldn't be other non Nintendo related attractions at USH before 2028.
ahh got it....though I'd want to ask anyone what would make more than Pokemon?

Like i get it might be a little cheaper to make a IP ride based on what you own but Pokemon is huge and what I'd as a leader in the parks would push for it get more guests in

Here's an idea - USH has the chance to do a Millennium Falcon ride right with one IP: Star Fox. Several missions - Heists, Base Destruction, Rescue, or Escape. Youre recruited by Slippy and remote piloted by Star Fox, Falco, Peppy or original characters to carry out these missions with Base Destruction being a face to face battle with Star Wolf. Use the Forbidden Journey ride system and bam you've got a great idea.

But just a blue sky concept :) I think as an HHN property Metroid has tons of potential.

ahh got it....though I'd want to ask anyone what would make more than Pokemon?

Like i get it might be a little cheaper to make a IP ride based on what you own but Pokemon is huge and what I'd as a leader in the parks would push for it get more guests in

Aren’t the rights for Pokémon not entirely under Nintendo? It always gets tricky the more people you have to get to approve your product.

Here's an idea - USH has the chance to do a Millennium Falcon ride right with one IP: Star Fox. Several missions - Heists, Base Destruction, Rescue, or Escape. Youre recruited by Slippy and remote piloted by Star Fox, Falco, Peppy or original characters to carry out these missions with Base Destruction being a face to face battle with Star Wolf. Use the Forbidden Journey ride system and bam you've got a great idea.

But just a blue sky concept :) I think as an HHN property Metroid has tons of potential.

Nintendo themselves can't even get Star Fox right, and you expect Universal to?! ;)

Are we controlling aspects of the experience, a la Smugglers Run? Because I really dislike that aspect of the ride. A ride based on Star Fox sounds good to me, but I don’t want to have any responsibilities lol, I just wanna ride a ride. In that sense, it would end up more like Star Tours.

The trouble with Pokemon is... I just don't like it :shrug: ;)
I think it's very love or hate unlike Mario/DK/Zelda.

Here's a question: will NIntendo want Universal to build attractions only based on properties they entirely own (Mario, DK etc) or would they be happy to have Pokemon where they would have to share revenue with Universal and the seperate Pokemon company owners? The latter just doesn't make business sense to me, despite any potential merch sales.

Here's a question: will NIntendo want Universal to build attractions only based on properties they entirely own (Mario, DK etc) or would they be happy to have Pokemon where they would have to share revenue with Universal and the seperate Pokemon company owners? The latter just doesn't make business sense to me, despite any potential merch sales.

There’s a solution that could appease Pokémon fans, keep all revenues with Nintendo and universal, and have the ability to bring Pokémon to Nintendo world. With AR acting as a huge part of the SNW experience, why not offer an AR Pokémon experience. Pokémon Go on steroids if you will. Imagine the Pirate adventure or Agent P/Kim Possible World Showcase thing they’ve done at Epcot, but with Pokémon and various trainers walking around the land to do battle with. I’ve never been the biggest Pokémon fan either, not since I was very young, so for people like us who see Pokémon as more of a niche property than a classic franchise a few generations have grown up with now, like Mario Bros or Donkey Kong. It wouldn’t be intrusive, it wouldn’t turn off non Pokémon fans, but their diehards will be able to have an experience they’ve always dreamed of.

Bro I would KILL for a Star Fox ride! That would be all sorts of epic! I’m a huge SW fan and I think that would give ML a (Kessel) run for its money!

“You’ve got an enemy on your tail!”

“Use the brakes!”

“Hey Einstein, I’m on your side!”

There’s a solution that could appease Pokémon fans, keep all revenues with Nintendo and universal, and have the ability to bring Pokémon to Nintendo world. With AR acting as a huge part of the SNW experience, why not offer an AR Pokémon experience. Pokémon Go on steroids if you will. Imagine the Pirate adventure or Agent P/Kim Possible World Showcase thing they’ve done at Epcot, but with Pokémon and various trainers walking around the land to do battle with. I’ve never been the biggest Pokémon fan either, not since I was very young, so for people like us who see Pokémon as more of a niche property than a classic franchise a few generations have grown up with now, like Mario Bros or Donkey Kong. It wouldn’t be intrusive, it wouldn’t turn off non Pokémon fans, but their diehards will be able to have an experience they’ve always dreamed of.

Great idea. Or, due to budget cuts, just build a Pokemon shop and tell Pokemon fans there are Pokemon Go related Pokemon in there but they can only see them once they purchase a plush?! ;)

Sure and i don't like Pets and Fast and Furious....yet here we are

Sure the split might not work as well as Universal wants but the point is to get people in the parks. Zelda would be what I want the most but....Pokemon is just bigger and has more kinds of fans from the very young to old.
I'm just saying name an IP bigger than Pokemon..when in fact its the biggest IP I just don't see what else would draw people in more

Sure and i don't like Pets and Fast and Furious....yet here we are

Sure the split might not work as well as Universal wants but the point is to get people in the parks. Zelda would be what I want the most but....Pokemon is just bigger and has more kinds of fans from the very young to old.
I'm just saying name an IP bigger than Pokemon..when in fact its the biggest IP I just don't see what else would draw people in more

Don't get me wrong, I do think Pokemon will come to Universal parks at some point, I just question how much of a priority it will be based on the return on investment being split 4 ways. That's why I think most SNW's globally will get DK and/or Zelda before we see a Pokemon presence. The only exception might be Orlando where they have the space to do everything.

Coming back to Hollywood, I think we will see 1 addition to SNW after it opens and then they will be done with Nintendo unless a 2nd park gets greenlit

Coming back to Hollywood, I think we will see 1 addition to SNW after it opens and then they will be done with Nintendo unless a 2nd park gets greenlit

As excited as I am for SNW, and especially a DK expansion, I really hope it’s “done,” like you said, after that. In Orlando or at a theoretical second California park, I’m all for more Nintendo if it makes people happy, but - in terms of USH and our limited space - I really think that’s enough for the park. I’m more enthusiastic for whatever film IP gets turned into a ride/land next post-Nintendo than I am the prospect of more Nintendo beyond DK.

As excited as I am for SNW, and especially a DK expansion, I really hope it’s “done,” like you said, after that. In Orlando or at a theoretical second California park, I’m all for more Nintendo if it makes people happy, but - in terms of USH and our limited space - I really think that’s enough for the park. I’m more enthusiastic for whatever film IP gets turned into a ride/land next post-Nintendo than I am the prospect of more Nintendo beyond DK.

100% agree!

I still want a west coast version of the EU Monsters land and if they want to add something LOTR related too I'd be elated.

I do wonder if part of the reason for switching SNW from replacing the Mummy (which we believe was the original plan) to where it is now was so they had space for another couple of mini lands in the lowerlot.