Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was thinking the wheels would be used to aim the shells but at this point we're all guessing.

I'm wondering if the 4 seats will correspond to a role.

Front left is the driver that "accelerates", front right grabs the AR items, back left uses the items, and back right uses drifting--if that patent works out. And for each role--each work on one aspect of the experience.

Front left is the driver that "accelerates", front right grabs the AR items, back left uses the items, and back right uses drifting--if that patent works out. And for each role--each work on one aspect of the experience.

That would be super cool to be a go kart crew, but it's reminding me of how badly a crew type system worked for the millennium falcon

Leaked images showed four colored shells. I wonder if the competition aspect is attempting to launch shells at scenery and other drivers for points.

Possibly a voting situation for determining which way to go on the track. If its a "tie", computer chooses direction and gives you a slight delay because you were not working as a team.

I really hope this doesn’t end up similar to Smugglers Run. I just want to enjoy the ride, I don’t want to be assigned any tasks lol.

I really hope this doesn’t end up similar to Smugglers Run. I just want to enjoy the ride, I don’t want to be assigned any tasks lol.
Same

Toy Story to me works because it's fun but has unlockables and is simple.

I guess I'm getting old..but I kinda just want to ride the ride...if I wanted to play Mario Kart I'd do that. I rather enjoy the new tech and look at the scenes than aim a shell or try to drive...like I just want to enjoy it.

Reactions: belloq87
I’m not at all convinced the AR / shell throwing will be that big of an effect. I think of it akin to the big red button in MiB.

I’ve been cynical about this for a long while, but I just don’t think the technology is there. If it’s happening, I think it’ll be a small part of the ride.

I imagine it to be very similar to smugglers.. I feel like every seat will have a different roll in the ride.. But then again, I don't see any visible buttons/levers in the ride vehicle aside from the wheel. Not sure how many functions a single steering wheel could have outside of steering... which will not be necessary bc the cars run on a track....

Anyways.. why do we think it is that the height requirement is 42 inches? That's 2 inches more than Guardians and is the same height restriction as Jurassic... and Jurassic has an 85 ft drop... Does MK have any physically thrilling moments we don't know about?

I imagine it to be very similar to smugglers.. I feel like every seat will have a different roll in the ride.. But then again, I don't see any visible buttons/levers in the ride vehicle aside from the wheel. Not sure how many functions a single steering wheel could have outside of steering... which will not be necessary bc the cars run on a track....

Anyways.. why do we think it is that the height requirement is 42 inches? That's 2 inches more than Guardians and is the same height restriction as Jurassic... and Jurassic has an 85 ft drop... Does MK have any physically thrilling moments we don't know about?

In the leaks--it specifically mentioned 42 inches for those with guardian, and 48 inches without guardian.

Reactions: Brandonshah97
Construction at Nintendo World Hollywood seems to be going full speed ahead according to a recent JPLand video:

Looks like it might be open late 2021 or early 2022 at the slightest. I also keep hearing rumors that Universal Orlando might move the SNW back to Kidszone in Florida after Epic Universe is shuttered for a while due to COVID-19.

In the video it’s pointed out that the rolling hills have the framing put in. Maybe next couple of weeks we could see those be installed. I remember last July, Japan looked like this and by September they had facades. Just wishful thinking tho ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised to see facades going up quickly. They are typically the easiest part of an installation considering all the plumbing electrical and framework that takes major time and coordination. Depending where they are in those processes, we could see them start coming up before the end of the year.

Reactions: alias8703
Looks like it might be open late 2021 or early 2022 at the slightest. I also keep hearing rumors that Universal Orlando might move the SNW back to Kidszone in Florida after Epic Universe is shuttered for a while due to COVID-19.
Yeah, funny thing is is pretty much on schedule so while i agree 2021, it could next summer still if they are allowed to open it....

If say next summer the parks can open they will be bust because people have not been able to go (also AP prices lowered) and then open this in August and get a huge second wave of people until basically the end of the year