Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True, but I don't think it's enough. The only true expansion would be Universal purchasing the Golf Course right across them. Off course, the owners have no interests in selling, so it might make some attractions really hard to be exciting and long as possible.
There's also those four soundstages to the right of Transformers, which, before the Olympics got moved and further soundstages on the lake got delayed, was supposed to house Super Nintendo World. Nevertheless, I think there's enough room to fit a smaller version of the DK land in the 16-20 plot, but I think getting rid of soundstages is always contingent on newer ones acting as their replacement (luckily modern film-making facilities can accommodate more productions than older ones).

There's also those four soundstages to the right of Transformers, which, before the Olympics got moved and further soundstages on the lake got delayed, was supposed to house Super Nintendo World. Nevertheless, I think there's enough room to fit a smaller version of the DK land in the 16-20 plot, but I think getting rid of soundstages is always contingent on newer ones acting as their replacement (luckily modern film-making facilities can accommodate more productions than older ones).

I guess you would have to create an alternate route since it's right near the entrance of Universal Studios since to me, the soundstages are just right across the road and you would have to find a way around that the road unless it was annexed as part of the SNW expansion. Universal entrance near the Jurassic World ride would have to bee altered a bit so workers and actors/actresses and movie crew would go to work.

Also, since it is indeed called Super Nintendo World for a reason, other non-Mario related Nintendo games might be used instead as you mentioned the DK area. People would moan about the SNW being exclusively to Mario and his friends and not others such as Splatoon, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokemon. If the DK area is really planned, I have no problem with that, just that Universal should expect a bunch of Nintendo fans complaning why non-Mario Nintendo properties aren't being used in the area especially in regarding future developments. That might give Universal Hollywood into considerations and have their plans altered.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I guess you would have to create an alternate route since it's right near the entrance of Universal Studios since to me, the soundstages are just right across the road and you would have to find a way around that the road unless it was annexed as part of the SNW expansion. Universal entrance near the Jurassic World ride would have to bee altered a bit so workers and actors/actresses and movie crew would go to work.

Also, since it is indeed called Super Nintendo World for a reason, other non-Mario related Nintendo games might be used instead as you mentioned the DK area. People would moan about the SNW being exclusively to Mario and his friends and not others such as Splatoon, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokemon. If the DK area is really planned, I have no problem with that, just that Universal should expect a bunch of Nintendo fans complaning why non-Mario Nintendo properties aren't being used in the area especially in regarding future developments. That might give Universal Hollywood into considerations and have their plans altered.

In theory--it'd likely either be one of the other main IP's of the Main Trinity (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda).

Pokemon would make more sense on a marketing and financial standpoint--especially given Pokemon's brand level globally. And for an LA area, that may be more for the better. The question is where.

If it's in the main park and not apart of a potential second gate, the Tram Plaza and Tram garages would make sense. It'd be far enough to create distance, and Pokemon can be branded without the SNW moniker. It can just be Pokemon, and that'd be fine.

Those triangular pieces don't look like they're a part of Bowser's castle.
PHOTOS: Aerial Construction Photos Show Super Nintendo World Nearing  Completion at Universal Studios Japan - WDW News Today

I think they're going to be the hut pieces shown at the top of the drone pic. (sorry not familiar w what they're actually called as I'm not a big Nintendo buff)

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Paulio
..It..it just dawned on me.

How big is Hollywood's Bowser's Castle facade gonna be?!

I'm legitimately shocked I didn't think heavily on that until now.

I think it'll be the same as USJ, just the orientation will be different whereas USJ is in the corner while USH will likely be in the center of the show building.

Did anybody see on screamscape they mentioned SNW is shooting for 2022 or 2023 opening? That seems really wrong but I’m wondering if there’s any truth behind it.

Pushed back because of lower crowds or pushed back because its going to take that long to build at a slower speed?

I mean, I said I could see it coming out Fall 2021 but 2022 is weird with how fast they have been going

Reactions: alias8703
I wouldn’t put much stock into ScreamScape rumors. Possible it opens end of 2021/beginning of 2022. A lot is up in the air right now and I don’t even think Comcast knows for sure what they want to do. However, they do have contract work already in place for the land, hence why construction’s moving forward.

There's no doubt in my mind SNW will be finished by summer 2021. Opening will have to occur late 2021/early 2022 once COVID-19 clears up in order to save time for advertisements and the like and to get people around the world ready to plan up.

Reactions: alias8703
I feel like trying to predict anything right now is like attempting to predict down to the minute when the sun will burn out in 2 billion years. No matter how good you are at guessing, it's probably unknowable at this time. There are just too many factors.

For what it's worth, before the pandemic I always heard 2021 was the target... (even when others were predicting 2020). But, just because something is built and ready, doesn't mean it'll actually open. Japan is a testament to that.