Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait, wait, wait….where did this rumor of DK not coming come from!?

We have to get DK, especially if Mummy is leaving. USH needs a descent coaster really. Really. Really. Badly. Replacing an okay coaster with none isn't going to help.

Because early rumors suggested that Hollywood's would be more similar to Japan's than Orlandos SNW and Japan isn't expected to get DK. However, it's also rumored that Hollywood's could be 1-1.5 acres larger than JP's, so it's really anyone's guess. Nobody really knows what's happening lol

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Because early rumors suggested that Hollywood's would be more similar to Japan's than Orlandos SNW and Japan isn't expected to get DK. However, it's also rumored that Hollywood's could be 1-1.5 acres larger than JP's, so it's really anyone's guess. Nobody really knows what's happening lol

If only if USH is a full blown park without destroying most of the SS while at the same time not destroying the Studio Tour.

If only if USH is a full blown park without destroying most of the SS while at the same time not destroying the Studio Tour.

Considering that the LA 2028 Olympics will have an effect on Universal Studios, I would say change is going to happen for the studio, and the theme park; both at the same time. How large of the theme park, will remain to be seen.

AFAIK, SNW seems to be getting the short end of the stick for Hollywood. Do I want to be wrong? Yes, but that I wouldn't be surprised due to the location they have for it right now being rather problematic on multiple aspects.

My understanding was that all three were (just like the WWoHPs) to be identical. I have a feeling that Japan and Hollywood will be more or less identical twins since both parks are really land locked, but apparently now Orlando is being plussed.

Wouldn't they want to have the same as Orlando and add as many new rides as possible before all the crowds arrive for the Olympics? I know there's still 10 years before it happens but might as well beef up Hollywood as much as possible before that huge event occurs.

Wouldn't they want to have the same as Orlando and add as many new rides as possible before all the crowds arrive for the Olympics? I know there's still 10 years before it happens but might as well beef up Hollywood as much as possible before that huge event occurs.

For additional attractions I would look towards 22-25. There is no way SLOP is the only attraction planned for that space. It's much too big for one ride. Whatever happens in Ninendo, happens in Nintendo.

Rumor has it that Super Nintendo World would knock out the buildings near the New York Street. My biggest problem is that it doesn't seem that big enough; New York needs to be taken out in order to accommodate more room, and Universal would have to build a new street somewhere else. My 2nd problem is also where the Studio Tour is gonna go? I know they're gonna reroute the direction, but from where I see, it's directly from the gates of Universal Studios where filmmakers and actors/actresses goes for filming and production. It might be until 2022/23 we will get SNW here in California....or if any.

Rumor has it that Super Nintendo World would knock out the buildings near the New York Street. My biggest problem is that it doesn't seem that big enough; New York needs to be taken out in order to accommodate more room, and Universal would have to build a new street somewhere else. My 2nd problem is also where the Studio Tour is gonna go? I know they're gonna reroute the direction, but from where I see, it's directly from the gates of Universal Studios where filmmakers and actors/actresses goes for filming and production. It might be until 2022/23 we will get SNW here in California....or if any.

Nope, it's going the same place it's always been going. Next to TF, replacing Mummy and SS33 - SS44. They wouldn't be building massive soundstages all around the New York sets if they planned on also putting Super Nintendo World in that area.

Nope, it's going the same place it's always been going. Next to TF, replacing Mummy and SS33 - SS44. They wouldn't be building massive soundstages all around the New York sets if they planned on also putting Super Nintendo World in that area.

Wait, the Mummy ride is being replaced? Where did you hear that? From the details of SNW, it would have involved heavy practical sets with AR technology on the side. Besides, can I really see the image of the SS and the numbers you're talking about? It would really help enhance my view on the subject.

At this very moment no one really knows where exactly it’s going to go! But Super Nintendo World is part of the 5 year Lower lot expansion , We won’t be able to experience it until earliest 2022 & latest 2023 ! The lower lot will look completely different and very unique with what I’ve been told! First project of the expansion is SLoP & the last project of the expansion SNW!

At this very moment no one really knows where exactly it’s going to go! But Super Nintendo World is part of the 5 year Lower lot expansion , We won’t be able to experience it until earliest 2022 & latest 2023 ! The lower lot will look completely different and very unique with what I’ve been told! First project of the expansion is SLoP & the last project of the expansion SNW!

Everyone know it's gonna be at the Lower Lot. There's a question of what's gonna replace the buildings. k_peek_2000 said the Mummy ride would be axed in favor of Super Nintendo World. If the Mummy ride is indeed axed, I would be happily pleased. It's very short and does not have the popular appeal of that of its counterparts in Orlando and Singapore. The era of Stephen Sommers and Brendan Fraser are over and I personally think it either needs an expansion or axe that in favor of SNW.

Wait, the Mummy ride is being replaced? Where did you hear that? From the details of SNW, it would have involved heavy practical sets with AR technology on the side. Besides, can I really see the image of the SS and the numbers you're talking about? It would really help enhance my view on the subject.

Rumors of RoTM being shuttered haven't been just sneaking aroung. IU in the past mentioned that rumor a little while back.

To be honest, unless Donkey Kong comes to the Hollywood version, I would really not want Universal to have Hippogriff to be the only coaster in the park.

Reactions: Freak

Besides, can I really see the image of the SS and the numbers you're talking about? It would really help enhance my view on the subject.

While not being directly connected to SNW, It was literally announced years ago that SS33-44 would be torn down for a park expansion. Mummy is just a rumor but it's kind of in the way.

I also highly doubt that it's a coincidence that the plot of land rumored for SNW in Hollywood, has an almost identical shape and acreage to the parking lot that SNW is being built on in Japan....

USJ4.jpg

Last edited:
While not being directly connected to SNW, It was literally announced years ago that SS33-44 would be torn down for a park expansion. Mummy is just a rumor but it's kind of in the way.

I also highly doubt that it's a coincidence that the plot of land rumored for SNW in Hollywood, has an almost identical shape and acreage to the parking lot that SNW is being built on in Japan....

View attachment 5660

Personally curious, how much land did you include for SNW in that?

Perhaps I should've said how many acres would the Hollywood version be compared to the Osaka version?

The parking lot in Osaka is about 6.5 acres including some of the backstage areas around WaterWorld. It could maybe be stretched to 7 if they build reallly close to Potter.

The Hollywood lot looks like 7.5 acres. Maybe 8 acres max if the vacant SS31 lot is also intended for Nintendo. It really depends on the layout of the land in the end. BUT, contrary to popular belief, Hollywood does have more land for SNW than Osaka. (if they're building it on this rumored plot, which I do think they are).

View attachment 5660

Wow, it's pretty amazing, so that confirms that the New York Street is safe, while the parking lot and several other buildings would be taken over by Super Nintendo World. I also pray to god that SNW would stay open for Halloween Horror Nights considering the big amount of space and a nice accommodation for guests to go to when HHN mazes gets long. I just also hope it wouldn't interfere with the HHN mazes. I'm really curious, how is Universal going to have more parking lots for employees, actors/actresses, directors, etc?

The parking lot in Osaka is about 6.5 acres including some of the backstage areas around WaterWorld. It could maybe be stretched to 7 if they build reallly close to Potter.

The Hollywood lot looks like 7.5 acres. Maybe 8 acres max if the vacant SS31 lot is also intended for Nintendo. It really depends on the layout of the land in the end. BUT, contrary to popular belief, Hollywood does have more land for SNW than Osaka. (if they're building it on this rumored plot, which I do think they are).

That's strange, 6 to 7 acres took up the whole space for the Jurassic Park: The Ride alone. I just hope Mario Kart would be just as huge as the Jurassic Park ride for this kind of space.

Wow, it's pretty amazing, so that confirms that the New York Street is safe, while the parking lot and several other buildings would be taken over by Super Nintendo World. I also pray to god that SNW would stay open for Halloween Horror Nights considering the big amount of space and a nice accommodation for guests to go to when HHN mazes gets long. I just also hope it wouldn't interfere with the HHN mazes. I'm really curious, how is Universal going to have more parking lots for employees, actors/actresses, directors, etc?

It's not taking over any parking. The image I posted is an image of Universal Japan's parking lot, overlayed on top of the soundstages that will be torn down in Hollywood. The stars will continue to park where they always have.

This is what the area looks like today:

UlSJ4.jpg

That's strange, 6 to 7 acres took up the whole space for the Jurassic Park: The Ride alone. I just hope Mario Kart would be just as huge as the Jurassic Park ride for this kind of space.

It's not a lot of space. But remember this land will have multiple levels. So what might be a 7 acre footprint could actually be closer to 10 acres when you consider the 2nd level.