Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I think they're gonna shoot for a Late April 2022 launch. It'd give USH time to celebrate and have Pets and Jurassic World not be overshaded by Nintendo: and it'd allow them to start generating the hype train by the means of build up, through potential means of retail and dining previews at Feature Presentation and Hollywood and Dine.

It'd also give them an opportunity to gague how food will be handled.

I'm not very optimistic that it would come out next year for the Holidays. For me, there's still a lot to be done, especially the inside building for the MK attraction. Pets and Jurassic World opening first would be a forerunner of excitement for the official SNW opening in Spring/Summer 2022.

Jurassic World - The Ride has been open for some time before the shut down. I think Pets could hold the momentum until 22 when this thing hopefully opens.

Jurassic World will have the added benefit that for people; it will be different than when they initially rode it back in 2019. I am going to be fascinated by the reaction then, once things come more public on the changes.

But yeah, SNW should be fine for a Early/Mid Spring 2022 date. Gives some time to breathe for Pets especially; and if they do previews in the same vain to what Osaka is doing outside the area, will allow them to iron out how domestic food and beverage offerings will be handled.

Universal Studios Hollywood has been closed since March so I feel like people will just be happy to be back in the park and rides the rides that are already there. When SNW opens it will be an added bonus at this point.
Yeah, mid/late Spring 2022 is the most logical timeslot at this point. Having SLoP and a revamped JW are two really nice bonuses for a reopened park right there!

There's zero rush to get this out before summer 2022 tbh. Summer/Fall 2022 is when Scientists and experts predict things to be more normal, thats a year after vaccinations. The normalcy is not returning immediately to a mid-late 2022 opening makes the most sense.

If you think about it practically, They are going to have at least 3-6 months when they reopen where they don't need anything new to draw people. Being reopen will be enough. If they wanted, they could hold SLoP's opening till later in 2021, giving them more time before they'd need to open Nintendo.

If you think about it practically, They are going to have at least 3-6 months when they reopen where they don't need anything new to draw people. Being reopen will be enough. If they wanted, they could hold SLoP's opening till later in 2021, giving them more time before they'd need to open Nintendo.
As someone who has an an AP for basically the past ten years...I can say while they have some insane days even on Summer and around Christmas weekends while during the day the are packed...you can go in the morning or before they close and walk on rides. So It will be interesting to see how crowded the park is even next summer, I am sure many will go but think its going to be interesting to see if it slows down by end of summer. As much as I want the ride now...I get why they should wait we have a new ride and JW is finally at 100% along with the joy of just being in the parks. I agree we don't need it day one to draw people in

They might not need it to draw people back once the park reopens, but they'll need it to help spread out the crowds. Let's say the park opens at 25% capacity, no point holding back SLoP when it's ready to go and can help spread people out and make overall wait times shorter. If SNW is ready by late 2021/early 2022, no point in holding that back either. Opening a new land will add additional capacity and added sales from F&B, merch and Power Up Bands.

I don't understand the need to hold back a ready to open an attraction. This isn't a blockbuster theatrical release that may be competing with other movies so delaying a proper release date is more beneficial in that scenario. RotR opened in December at DHS and January at DL so no reason SNW couldn't do the same if ready.

They might not need it to draw people back once the park reopens, but they'll need it to help spread out the crowds. Let's say the park opens at 25% capacity, no point holding back SLoP when it's ready to go and can help spread people out and make overall wait times shorter. If SNW is ready by late 2021/early 2022, no point in holding that back either. Opening a new land will add additional capacity and added sales from F&B, merch and Power Up Bands.

I don't understand the need to hold back a ready to open an attraction. This isn't a blockbuster theatrical release that may be competing with other movies so delaying a proper release date is more beneficial in that scenario. RotR opened in December at DHS and January at DL so no reason SNW couldn't do the same if ready.
The attraction won't be ready by next summer. It was suppose to be but they slowed down constitution late last summer.

My bet is Universal is playing it safe since CA is a wildcard with COVID laws, over in Florida you can do whatever but here you can't even have people eating outside. Why would they spend money now to open something they don't have a date for opening?
They have SLOP and JW to advertise along with just the parks being open. I think that will hopefully keep them at 25% capacity until the Holidays next year. I'll almost make a guess and say if HHN is open it will sell out because of the limited amount of tickets they might be forced to be able to sell.

Look at DCA Marvel land was suppose to be open LAST summer and still isn't 100% built, thats just how these companies are right now trying to slowly build but also trying to save money because they have no date on when they can open and no idea when they can go 100% after and they way they have been treated, I understand why. If Nintendoland opens next holiday you wont find one person on here complaining but it seems very unlikely

I don't think they are really concerned with keeping people spread out or wait times. They will likely get stuck with a percentage capacity, but they should not need an extra ride to keep people spread out once inside. The 25% capacity alone should keep wait times manageable.

Keeping a ride closed saves them money actually. It's worth more saving it for once the initial reopening rush is over. By the time we get to Summer 2022, the restrictions should be lifted and it makes sense to reopen SNW.