Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

It's not really fair to compare a final product picture to a construction picture.
Which is why I mentioned I was in Osaka years ago during construction of the land and the assembly of the mountains.. and they still did not look like how Hollywood's do today..... The materials and process are very different and it's just very interesting.

Which is why I mentioned I was in Osaka years ago during construction of the land and the assembly of the mountains.. and they still did not look like how Hollywood's do today..... The materials and process are very different and it's just very interesting.
Hogsmeade Hollywood uses somewhat different materials than Hogsmeade Orlando, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar could happen with SNW Hollywood.

Hollywood May need more or “better” hills, since you’re entering from the ground level to help immersive you more, just a different background sorta.

I haven't seen good pictures of the floor in front of the pipe, but does anybody know if Hollywood will have enough space for the round plaza in front of their entrance? I know the green pipe squeezes pretty tight in between transformers and the elevated seating area.

Well, I will see you all in 2022.
I mean yes

We have no idea if the parks will even be open at 50% by Christmas

My guess is late summer/halloween the parks open with restrictions. We have SLOP and JW 2.0 along with just being happy the parks are open.

My guess is next April, right before spring break and when the parks could be at 75%

If Universal could hurry up and build this, that would be great.

....on second thought, the park won't open until next Summer anyways. So take your time.
Well things are being passed to make it where theme parks can open up when its orange tier....so think it could be open by Halloween if Vaccines are passed out enough in the next 6 months

Time to unpack.

Whelp, at least the Lower Lot is finally getting a relatively mild family attraction. With River Adventure, Transformers and Mummy, Lower Lot is basically the "thrill" zone (calling Transformers a thrill is a stretch but the ride vehicle movement is pretty aggressive). Mario Kart (and the land as a whole) will add the variety needed for kids "stuck" down there.

Though I'm going to be honest...

I have no idea how they're going to pull off the interactive areas in Hollywood. The types of crowds are much more varied and bigger in LA. How do I put this delicately...

Uhh...people in America don't have the same pedigree of etiquette as people in Japan. Maybe they'll be less interaction possibly? Like looking at the Bowser Jr. Showdown for example. That looks so freaking cool but...I don't know how it's going to work with US crowds. Go to a Chuck E Cheese and you'll know what I'm talking about. The corridors being tiny is fine though because the activities are basically walkthrough attractions.

What is good though is that Hollywood looks more spacious (ironically as its smaller) so crowd flow is probably going to be much better than Osaka. Unlike other cloned lands in recent memory, SNW Hollywood has a completely different layout so I do wonder of that'll affect the content of the land?

Someone had already said that the two shops might be combined into one. Maybe the interaction experiences will be different as well?

Though, something potentially very important to point out is that Gift bag that was "leaked" online months ago. The gift bag listed at the bottom Universal Hollywood and Japan. So we know for sure that the bag will be used in Hollywood. It also means that everything in the artwork (with a weirdly missing Daisy) will be in the Hollywood version. So, the Bowser Jr Challenge is basically 100% coming to Hollywood going by that bag.

Then the food...we all know its going to be heavily "Americanzied" but the mushroom and peach popcorn is definitely coming over I bet.

Hopefully they use Daisy and Toadette in marketing more because depiste Daisy being on the Mario Kart ride, having a wristband and Toadette is featured in the Yoshi queue, they're practically completely absent from advertising and merch. People online and who went to the park are already complaining about that it seems (very small group ar the moment but still). Chef Toad has more merch than Daisy, lmao.

For my last "spill", I wonder how hard its going to be for them to attempt to hide the Bowser's Challenge show building when riding down to the Lower Lot. Maybe they just won't try at all because the its only important when you're in the land. It's definitely going to lose Osaka's sense of anticipation with the long walkway that isolates it from the park. Along with the inability to see anything in the land (beside Peach's Castle roof). That's going to be a really tight squeeze next to Transformers. I don't see them having the space for the giant star emblem so maybe they'll use character statues instead.

Okay, mind unloaded.

Time to unpack.

Whelp, at least the Lower Lot is finally getting a relatively mild family attraction. With River Adventure, Transformers and Mummy, Lower Lot is basically the "thrill" zone (calling Transformers a thrill is a stretch but the ride vehicle movement is pretty aggressive). Mario Kart (and the land as a whole) will add the variety needed for kids "stuck" down there.

I have no idea how they're going to pull off the interactive areas in Hollywood. The types of crowds are much more varied and bigger in LA. How do I put this delicately...

Uhh...people in America don't have the same pedigree of etiquette as people in Japan. Maybe they'll be less interaction possibly? Like looking at the Bowser Jr. Showdown for example. That looks so freaking cool but...I don't know how it's going to work with US crowds. Go to a Chuck E Cheese and you'll know what I'm talking about. The corridors being tiny is fine though because the activities are basically walkthrough attractions.

What is good though is that Hollywood looks more spacious (ironically as its smaller) so crowd flow is probably going to be much better than Osaka. Unlike other cloned lands in recent memory, SNW Hollywood has a completely different layout so I do wonder of that'll affect the content of the land?

Someone had already said that the two shops might be combined into one. Maybe the interaction experiences will be different as well?

Though, something potentially very important to point out is that Gift bag that was "leaked" online months ago. The gift bag listed at the bottom Universal Hollywood and Japan. So we know for sure that the bag will be used in Hollywood. It also means that everything in the artwork (with a weirdly missing Daisy) will be in the Hollywood version. So, the Bowser Jr Challenge is basically 100% coming to Hollywood going by that bag.

Then the food...we all know its going to be heavily "Americanzied" but the mushroom and peach popcorn is definitely coming over I bet.

Hopefully they use Daisy and Toadette in marketing more because depiste Daisy being on the Mario Kart ride, having a wristband and Toadette is featured in the Yoshi queue, they're practically completely absent from advertising and merch. People online and who went to the park are already complaining about that it seems (very small group ar the moment but still). Chef Toad has more merch than Daisy, lmao.

For my last "spill", I wonder how hard its going to be for them to attempt to hide the Bowser's Challenge show building when riding down to the Lower Lot. Maybe they just won't try at all because the its only important when you're in the land. It's definitely going to lose Osaka's sense of anticipation with the long walkway that isolates it from the park. Along with the inability to see anything in the land (beside Peach's Castle roof). That's going to be a really tight squeeze next to Transformers. I don't see them having the space for the giant star emblem so maybe they'll use character statues instead.

Okay, mind unloaded.
They will not hide them..SLOP shows they do not care

And I agree the games will be great and we will have more room but my god...some people are going to make the CMs job a living hell.

Also as an adult who paid to get in I don't want parents getting upset if I'm in line to play the games or raid...these are clearly made for everyone not just kids and sure parents will want there kids to just do these but there will be lines for sure on busy days

They will not hide them..SLOP shows they do not care

And I agree the games will be great and we will have more room but my god...some people are going to make the CMs job a living hell.

Also as an adult who paid to get in I don't want parents getting upset if I'm in line to play the games or raid...these are clearly made for everyone not just kids and sure parents will want there kids to just do these but there will be lines for sure on busy days
Yeah, I'm honestly not looking forward to the interactive stuff in Hollywood due to the type of crowds. And I do wonder what it's going to smell like in those super tight corridors after a couple of years (particularly the Bowser Jr. one).

Yeah, I'm honestly not looking forward to the interactive stuff in Hollywood due to the type of crowds. And I do wonder what it's going to smell like in those super tight corridors after a couple of years (particularly the Bowser Jr. one).
I mean...i hope they disinfect it on a weekly basis..lol

Think they should be fine if they take care of it and use airfilters

But yeah even if they are bigger...some days are going to suck for those and others will be great like on a school day.

I'm not sure any of the above will be an issue if they make the land ticketed entry to keep crowds managable. They still have the Potter ticket machines they can repurpose for Nintendo.

Time to unpack.

Jeez, our Hogsmeade seems to work out just fine with all of the interactive elements there. We aren't savages down here. If you are concerned about the "type of crowds" perhaps Osaka is a better fit for you, lol.

Jeez, our Hogsmeade seems to work out just fine with all of the interactive elements there. We aren't savages down here. If you are concerned about the "type of crowds" perhaps Osaka is a better fit for you, lol.
Sorry, haha. I've just had some really bad experiences in theme parks all across California (my home park is Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for example). Remember the Toontown fight? I was there for that.

Very different

Those cost 90 bucks to do and last a few seconds and all outside

These are games many inside. I for sure see some issues and some mean words coming to CM in the future.

Very different

Those cost 90 bucks to do and last a few seconds and all outside

These are games many inside. I for sure see some issues and some mean words coming to CM in the future.
I don’t totally disagree but crowd management is likely gonna be a thing thru 2022 at least so I think that they’re going to be able to handle this for the most part

I don’t totally disagree but crowd management is likely gonna be a thing thru 2022 at least so I think that they’re going to be able to handle this for the most part
We will see...I've seen people for many things snap at CMs and this seems like something else for parents to get upset about. I hope im wrong