Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While not being directly connected to SNW, It was literally announced years ago that SS33-44 would be torn down for a park expansion. Mummy is just a rumor but it's kind of in the way.

I also highly doubt that it's a coincidence that the plot of land rumored for SNW in Hollywood, has an almost identical shape and acreage to the parking lot that SNW is being built on in Japan....

View attachment 5660

Man that shape is pretty similar to KidZone as well.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
Since the layout of the showbuildings has been leaked for Orlando. Here's roughly how the land could also be laid out in Hollywood.

View attachment 5808

The last part of the overlay seems like the Mummy attraction would be axed in favor of Super Nintendo World. However, the problem is that it currently has the only E-ticket roller coaster themed ride at Universal Hollywood and I don't think many people are gonna be happy about it. Since it has the name "Super Nintendo World", the rides should be separated into franchises with their own universe, since space would be cramped just for one land.

Since the layout of the showbuildings has been leaked for Orlando. Here's roughly how the land could also be laid out in Hollywood.

View attachment 5808

Crazy how well it fits that plot too. It's apparent that they went in with the intention of saving money by reusing designs. It actually fits Hollywood better than Orlando IMO. Based on the layout, it could be done with or without the Donkey Kong area and still fit well depending on what all they are tearing out. What are those buildings that DK is covering?

Crazy how well it fits that plot too. It's apparent that they went in with the intention of saving money by reusing designs. It actually fits Hollywood better than Orlando IMO. Based on the layout, it could be done with or without the Donkey Kong area and still fit well depending on what all they are tearing out. What are those buildings that DK is covering?
If that's a layout, that would be covering SS 43, 44, 37, and the Rehearsal Hall.

The last part of the overlay seems like the Mummy attraction would be axed in favor of Super Nintendo World. However, the problem is that it currently has the only E-ticket roller coaster themed ride at Universal Hollywood and I don't think many people are gonna be happy about it. Since it has the name "Super Nintendo World", the rides should be separated into franchises with their own universe, since space would be cramped just for one land.

1. Universal has multiple new attractions set to open between now and Nintendo, that will increase the attraction count to pad the short term loss of Mummy.
2. The Mummy will be replaced by at least 2 big new attractions (one of which is a themed e-ticket coaster).
3. The Mummy is 13 years old, ever since the evolution planned was announced it's been known that the coaster was on the chopping block. Don't expect to see The Mummy live to see 2019.

I love the fact that DK will have the mountainside as a backdrop. It's almost too perfect of a fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
1. Universal has multiple new attractions set to open between now and Nintendo, that will increase the attraction count to pad the short term loss of Mummy.
2. The Mummy will be replaced by at least 2 big new attractions (one of which is a themed e-ticket coaster).
3. The Mummy is 13 years old, ever since the evolution planned was announced it's been known that the coaster was on the chopping block. Don't expect to see The Mummy live to see 2019.

Oh well, I think we can agree the Mummy ride in Hollywood is the least popular ride out of all the two others in Singapore and Florida. So it's no wonder it's on the chopping block. Anyways, I just hope it will be the indoor roller coaster, just that it's supposed to be different.

Super Nintendo World should be like Marvel Super Hero Island since it has its own franchises due to the space being limited. It should be little bigger than what Japan has as well. Mario on one side, Zelda on one side, etc. DK is part of the Mario universe so he counts as well. Each ride needs its own thing based on a different universe.

Oh well, I think we can agree the Mummy ride in Hollywood is the least popular ride out of all the two others in Singapore and Florida. So it's no wonder it's on the chopping block. Anyways, I just hope it will be the indoor roller coaster, just that it's supposed to be different.

Super Nintendo World should be like Marvel Super Hero Island since it has its own franchises due to the space being limited. It should be little bigger than what Japan has as well. Mario on one side, Zelda on one side, etc. DK is part of the Mario universe so he counts as well. Each ride needs its own thing based on a different universe.

Honestly, whenever Universal build's a second gate on the west coast (I am starting to wonder the improbability's of doing a second at Hollywood), I would imagine Nintendo would get a presence.

Please let us get DK. Please Hollywood. We can’t get screwed over again like in the 2000’s with abridged versions. They can’t get away with it now with the day and age of the internet.

If trey get rid of Mummy and we don’t get DK, the GP isn’t going to take that well seeing there’s no coaster replacing it.

Honestly, whenever Universal build's a second gate on the west coast (I am starting to wonder the improbability's of doing a second at Hollywood), I would imagine Nintendo would get a presence.

Universal Hollywood is fine with one park since all of the filming and TV production is still needed for Universal Pictures. Super Nintendo World would without a shadow of a doubt be a land, but it really needs to have rides and restaurants with Nintendo's own different universe.

Please let us get DK. Please Hollywood. We can’t get screwed over again like in the 2000’s with abridged versions. They can’t get away with it now with the day and age of the internet.

If trey get rid of Mummy and we don’t get DK, the GP isn’t going to take that well seeing there’s no coaster replacing it.

Yeah, that depends, but realize that the land is gonna be called "Super Nintendo World", not "Super Mario Land". Currently, Hollywood has a limited amount of space so it's tough to balance out the park with the needs of the studio and the Studio Tour since that lower lot is so close to the studio that is running currently. Unless Universal Hollywood is going to demolish more buildings and sets, which would limit film and TV production, then we're going to have to accept the fact it will be just like Marvel Super Hero Island with rides catered to their own universe...if Mario Kart is to be at the park. It's got to live up to its name, otherwise, it'll be called Super Mario Land.

Universal Hollywood is fine with one park since all of the filming and TV production is still needed for Universal Pictures. Super Nintendo World would without a shadow of a doubt be a land, but it really needs to have rides and restaurants with Nintendo's own different universe.

Yeah, that depends, but realize that the land is gonna be called "Super Nintendo World", not "Super Mario Land". Currently, Hollywood has a limited amount of space so it's tough to balance out the park with the needs of the studio and the Studio Tour since that lower lot is so close to the studio that is running currently. Unless Universal Hollywood is going to demolish more buildings and sets, which would limit film and TV production, then we're going to have to accept the fact it will be just like Marvel Super Hero Island with rides catered to their own universe...if Mario Kart is to be at the park. It's got to live up to its name, otherwise, it'll be called Super Mario Land.
It only contains Mario in Orlando too and they're still calling it Super Nintendo World. I wouldn't read that far into it. Yeah, we're likely getting Pokémon and Zelda down the line, but those are in separate parks so the point still stands.

It only contains Mario in Orlando too and they're still calling it Super Nintendo World. I wouldn't read that far into it. Yeah, we're likely getting Pokémon and Zelda down the line, but those are in separate parks so the point still stands.

The difference is that Super Nintendo World would be spreading around various parks in Universal Orlando with each franchises having their own lands. It would be "Super Nintendo World: Mario Land" and the other park would say "Super Nintendo World: Legend of Zelda", just like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has Hogsmeade Village at Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida, both areas under the WWOHP brand.

In Los Angeles, Nintendo franchises would be cramped into one land, meaning that each franchise would have one ride with a specific universe in order to appeal to various demographics among Nintendo fans, just like Marvel fans for Marvel Super Hero Island. So it make sense that Mario's ride or restaurant has its own thing, Zelda would also have its own, and some other Nintendo franchise as well, all cramped in one land with a franchise not connected to another within the same universe.