Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What costs $90? The wands are around $50 and can be used over and over again, can't they? In any case, mean words can come from people dropping money on wands too.

What costs $90? The wands are around $50 and can be used over and over again, can't they? In any case, mean words can come from people dropping money on wands too.
My bad yes about 50. Still 20 bucks more than a Nintendo band so my guess is more people will use them. Not that wands wont sell but a band is cheaper and you just can wear it or pocket it unlike a wand.
Plus you can see most the magic by just watching..these are games and a raid

I don't actually think most of the food options will be changed. Sure a few items won't make it over, but honestly most of the food I have seen doesn't seem like something a US crowd wouldn't eat...

I don't actually think most of the food options will be changed. Sure a few items won't make it over, but honestly most of the food I have seen doesn't seem like something a US crowd wouldn't eat...
I could very well see this being the case for Hollywood, though I would see about three or four items getting changed or removed to fit with the American market. Hollywood's park does have a large Asian crowd so I could actually see them keeping several menu items. The Hollywood and Dine restaurant at the entrance of USH had some dishes that were catered heavily to the Asian market. If you looked at some of those menu items at that place, you would say, "Nah, that won't work for the American crowd." Yet there they are serving them at a major theme park restaurant. That boba drink they serve at Toadstool Caf'e would be a big hit as Boba is HUGE and I mean freaking HUGE in LA.

Orlando, on the other hand, doesn't cater to the Asian market nowhere near as much as USH....at least antidotally from my experience at UOR and a USH local. I think 90% of the items on that menu will be removed for Orlando's.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I wonder how hard its going to be for them to attempt to hide the Bowser's Challenge show building when riding down to the Lower Lot. Maybe they just won't try at all because the its only important when you're in the land. It's definitely going to lose Osaka's sense of anticipation with the long walkway that isolates it from the park.
They will not hide them..SLOP shows they do not care
It is a theme park connected to an actual movie studio, and USH promotes that fact a lot, so I'm pretty used to that.

I could very well see this being the case for Hollywood, though I would see about three or four items getting changed or removed to fit with the American market. Hollywood's park does have a large Asian crowd so I could actually see them keeping several menu items. The Hollywood and Dine restaurant at the entrance of USH had some dishes that were catered heavily to the Asian market. If you looked at some of those menu items at that place, you would say, "Nah, that won't work for the American crowd." Yet there they are serving them at a major theme park restaurant. That boba drink they serve at Toadstool Caf'e would be a big hit as Boba is HUGE and I mean freaking HUGE in LA.
From what I can tell, right off the bat, I don't see the Bowser hamburg steak staying on the menu as it is, if at all. And the hot yuzu lemonade looks like it might be on the chopping block for Hollywood as well. We're most likely getting the Mario burger as well, except the Japanese style bacon will likely be Americanized. And if the reviews of the pasta dishes are anything to go by, they might need some reworking to better suit American palates; especially the spaghetti. Aside from those, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Hollywood menu for Toad's Café will entail!
EDIT: Oh they're definitely keeping the lemon squash soda! Boba fans will immediately flock to get that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Time to unpack.

Whelp, at least the Lower Lot is finally getting a relatively mild family attraction. With River Adventure, Transformers and Mummy, Lower Lot is basically the "thrill" zone (calling Transformers a thrill is a stretch but the ride vehicle movement is pretty aggressive). Mario Kart (and the land as a whole) will add the variety needed for kids "stuck" down there.

Though I'm going to be honest...

I have no idea how they're going to pull off the interactive areas in Hollywood. The types of crowds are much more varied and bigger in LA. How do I put this delicately...

Uhh...people in America don't have the same pedigree of etiquette as people in Japan. Maybe they'll be less interaction possibly? Like looking at the Bowser Jr. Showdown for example. That looks so freaking cool but...I don't know how it's going to work with US crowds. Go to a Chuck E Cheese and you'll know what I'm talking about. The corridors being tiny is fine though because the activities are basically walkthrough attractions.

What is good though is that Hollywood looks more spacious (ironically as its smaller) so crowd flow is probably going to be much better than Osaka. Unlike other cloned lands in recent memory, SNW Hollywood has a completely different layout so I do wonder of that'll affect the content of the land?

Someone had already said that the two shops might be combined into one. Maybe the interaction experiences will be different as well?

Though, something potentially very important to point out is that Gift bag that was "leaked" online months ago. The gift bag listed at the bottom Universal Hollywood and Japan. So we know for sure that the bag will be used in Hollywood. It also means that everything in the artwork (with a weirdly missing Daisy) will be in the Hollywood version. So, the Bowser Jr Challenge is basically 100% coming to Hollywood going by that bag.

Then the food...we all know its going to be heavily "Americanzied" but the mushroom and peach popcorn is definitely coming over I bet.

Hopefully they use Daisy and Toadette in marketing more because depiste Daisy being on the Mario Kart ride, having a wristband and Toadette is featured in the Yoshi queue, they're practically completely absent from advertising and merch. People online and who went to the park are already complaining about that it seems (very small group ar the moment but still). Chef Toad has more merch than Daisy, lmao.

For my last "spill", I wonder how hard its going to be for them to attempt to hide the Bowser's Challenge show building when riding down to the Lower Lot. Maybe they just won't try at all because the its only important when you're in the land. It's definitely going to lose Osaka's sense of anticipation with the long walkway that isolates it from the park. Along with the inability to see anything in the land (beside Peach's Castle roof). That's going to be a really tight squeeze next to Transformers. I don't see them having the space for the giant star emblem so maybe they'll use character statues instead.

Okay, mind unloaded.

Regarding the crowd control, I imagine they're going to have to implement some reservation system to get into the area. Maybe there will be something similar to what Disney did with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge for the first couple months it opened. Going off of what you said about Americans not having the same pedigree of etiquette as people in Japan, I definitely agree. The parks haven't even opened yet and you could already see that sort of blatant energy on the internet. Luckily most people on this forum are professional and level headed.

I’m not fully up to speed here, but is their an implication that Peach’s Castle won’t be the entrance to this version of the land?