Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks guys. So at this pace, the opening of SNW will likely coincide with the launch of the next-gen Nintendo console. The company tends to launch a new console every 5 years or so and the Switch was released in March 2017.

Thanks guys. So at this pace, the opening of SNW will likely coincide with the launch of the next-gen Nintendo console. The company tends to launch a new console every 5 years or so and the Switch was released in March 2017.

I think in a recent interview, they're having Switch for the longer game, and considering how long the 3DS has been selling, we may want to stretch Nintendo's console from now till then, and that's not counting an eventual update to the console in the next few years.

Reactions: chris.g
22-23? Oh geez. So it is being delayed to open with Marvel. :(

But look at it this way: Hogsmede began construction in Fall 2013. They got it open February 2016. That was almost two and a half years. If they start February or March next year, they can still get it open Summer ‘21. That would fall under the same two and a half year timeline Potter had.

Last edited:
22-23? Oh geez. So it is being delayed to open with Marvel. :(

I think it was always assumed that Hollywood would've been last before the shakeup of Nintendo in Orlando, and that it would've always been on either 2022 or 2023. As much as I hate to admit it, I thought that was the case for a long time.

That said, there may be a chance if it's ready by 2022, that it may squeeze ahead of Orlandos opening, as it sure as heck doesn't seem like Super Nintendo World will be at USF any longer.

Speculation on the Orlando boards indicate that SNW will open at gate 3 around 2023 or beyond, instead of USF in 2021/22.

I've given up on the idea that USH will ever get a 2nd gate, but will instead expand into the backlot.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Speculation on the Orlando boards indicate that SNW will open at gate 3 around 2023 or beyond, instead of USF in 2021/22.

I've given up on the idea that USH will ever get the 2nd gate, but will instead expand into the backlot.

I'm not aware that Universal City will ever get a 2nd gate. It would take years of moving film/TV operations into other areas and another IOA-like park would complicate the Studio Tour. It sure is nice having the 2nd gate because USH is very small compared to IOA and USF.

I feel the Switch will be Nintendo's landmark console for a good while, I'd be willing to place 7-10 years..

I'm not aware that Universal City will ever get a 2nd gate. It would take years of moving film/TV operations into other areas and another IOA-like park would complicate the Studio Tour. It sure is nice having the 2nd gate because USH is very small compared to IOA and USF.

The only way a second gate would work, is if it took War of The Worlds, Whoville, Psycho, Falls Lake, and Supercharged, along with various backstage around that and the hillside. But even then, you'd have to deal with neighbors, relocation of the recently expanded warehouse, and re-routing vehicle traffic (not even mentioning the Tram into that).

However, with the seeming possibility of Potter expanding to the current tram load, it may be interesting to wonder where they could relocate that isn't the Lower Lot, as the only area that would come to mind is the original stop-area next to the Picture Cars and Collapsing Bridge.

I'm under the current belief that if Universal ever expands in California, it will be up north of California, like San Francisco north. But even then, that'd bring some worms in a few ways.

The only way a second gate would work, is if it took War of The Worlds, Whoville, Psycho, Falls Lake, and Supercharged, along with various backstage around that and the hillside. But even then, you'd have to deal with neighbors, relocation of the recently expanded warehouse, and re-routing vehicle traffic (not even mentioning the Tram into that).

However, with the seeming possibility of Potter expanding to the current tram load, it may be interesting to wonder where they could relocate that isn't the Lower Lot, as the only area that would come to mind is the original stop-area next to the Picture Cars and Collapsing Bridge.

I'm under the current belief that if Universal ever expands in California, it will be up north of California, like San Francisco north. But even then, that'd bring some worms in a few ways.

Ha! Being a Nor-Cal guy, I would die to have Universal Studios here, as all we have here is California's Great America and Six Flags Animal Kingdom. However, the Bay Area is already filled with traffic problems and many housing and business projects in place, it's just not possible to have such a major theme park here, at least in Santa Clara County. That said, with the growing circumstances and realization of the acres of land, I think the 2nd gate should be considered the possibility for USH, especially if Comcast get their hands on 21st Century Fox, as long the neighbors are ok and the roads need to be rerouted so that the neighbors can continue peacefully as before.

With the conversation continuing about the neighbors being okay with Universal's growth, remember Universal has been moving quite aggressively in purchasing the homes up on the hill. They already own quite a few up there.

I feel like there's something you want to tell us, but can't. ;)

Reactions: alias8703
With the conversation continuing about the neighbors being okay with Universal's growth, remember Universal has been moving quite aggressively in purchasing the homes up on the hill. They already own quite a few up there.

That's good news, I think it's about time Universal Hollywood really needs a 2nd gate. Which means Nintendo World would have more justification in expanding a little more than Marvel Super Hero Island. At the same time, I really doubt Universal Hollywood would do it because of the constituency of keeping up with the Studio Tour, as well as the cost and hassle of trying to move film/TV operations somewhere else within Universal City, while trying to expand to make room for already-announced projects. I just think given the circumstances, they might try and do that once they realize they got everything they need to build the 2nd gate while keeping up with with the Studio Tour and maintaining its film/TV operations.

I feel like there's something you want to tell us, but can't. ;)
Nope, just reminding everyone that while the neighbors in the past have been a huge obstacle, Universal is trying to fix that. I don’t have an exact number on the homes they currently own, but they’ve been buying them since the early 90s. And they’ve been buying at a faster rate over the last two years.

Nope, just reminding everyone that while the neighbors in the past have been a huge obstacle, Universal is trying to fix that. I don’t have an exact number on the homes they currently own, but they’ve been buying them since the early 90s. And they’ve been buying at a faster rate over the last two years.

I wonder what traffic would look like if the 2nd gate actually happened. I can't imagine what the roads are like given the fact the freeway that leads you to USH is narrow and small. I think it would be a lot worse than Universal Orlando. That and you have Super Nintendo World which could make the park explode with a bunch of crowds. And the Studio Tour, which is an iconic tour that paved way for Universal theme parks all around the world, would be complicated, as well as the entrance as well.

Back to the point, I just really hope given the fact Universal City owns a bunch of empty lands, they should use the opportunity to use the 2nd gate, but I really doubt it, as they might use it to expand the SSs or create more homes for Hollywood stars, other residents, or film/TV operations.

I wonder what traffic would look like if the 2nd gate actually happened. I can't imagine what the roads are like given the fact the freeway that leads you to USH is narrow and small. I think it would be a lot worse than Universal Orlando. That and you have Super Nintendo World which could make the park explode with a bunch of crowds. And the Studio Tour, which is an iconic tour that paved way for Universal theme parks all around the world, would be complicated, as well as the entrance as well.

Back to the point, I just really hope given the fact Universal City owns a bunch of empty lands, they should use the opportunity to use the 2nd gate, but I really doubt it, as they might use it to expand the SSs or create more homes for Hollywood stars, other residents, or film/TV operations.

If Universal does a second gate in Hollywood, they would have to make it a resort in a way that would include a hotel either on Fum Lung or the Preferred Lot.

Reactions: Jonathan
That's good news, I think it's about time Universal Hollywood really needs a 2nd gate. Which means Nintendo World would have more justification in expanding a little more than Marvel Super Hero Island. At the same time, I really doubt Universal Hollywood would do it because of the constituency of keeping up with the Studio Tour, as well as the cost and hassle of trying to move film/TV operations somewhere else within Universal City, while trying to expand to make room for already-announced projects. I just think given the circumstances, they might try and do that once they realize they got everything they need to build the 2nd gate while keeping up with with the Studio Tour and maintaining its film/TV operations.

A second gate wouldn’t make sense for now. As bad everyone wants a second gate to come it won’t happen anytime soon and the reasons are Universal Studios Hollywood still has to improved the whole entire park. The park still needs hotels to be built and right now there main focus is expending. The park still has plenty of space for future expension which will last for a good while. Hollywood has so much projects that are being planned for the lower lot and a couple in the upper lot that will look entirely different when water world , the global theater, SES & AA are removed and replaced with these future attractions. These are the times where universal fans should be excited for the park!

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo and Freak
A second gate wouldn’t make sense for now. As bad everyone wants a second gate to come it won’t happen anytime soon and the reasons are Universal Studios Hollywood still has to improved the whole entire park. The park still needs hotels to be built and right now there main focus is expending. The park still has plenty of space for future expension which will last for a good while. The parks has so much projects that are being planned for the lower lot and a couple in the upper lot that will look entirely different when water world , the global theater, SES & AA are removed and replaced with these future attractions. These are the times where universal fans should be excited for the park!

By the time Super Nintendo hopefully opens, Universal will of completely changed the entire face of Universal Studios Hollywood, with the Lower Lot having Super Nintendo World and a possible Jurassic World facelift of River Adventure, the Upper Lot having Secret life of Pets and maybe Diagon, and CityWalk having face-lifted with the advent of multiple offerings like Voodoo, Margaritaville, the revamp of Universal Cinema, and whatever will go inside of Saddle Ranch.

I do think that there will be a hotel before the second park, especially considering their choice of wanting to block the Hilton expansion, but that I don't think we should rule out a second gate, due to the Los Angeles 2028 Summer Olympics. I do think that has changed gears for Universal Hollywood, in more ways than one, as they have a ten year timetable to have the area ready to withstand what the Olympic Crowds will bring, especially with Universal Hollywood being more in the heart of the Olympics than even Disney.

That said, to turn this back to Nintendo, as this should be talked about on the Evolution Plan thread more than anything,

Mario is going to bring a lot of people to the park. In more way's than I think people are expecting.