Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I'm still super stoked about the fact that Donkey Kong is coming to USH. I don't even care if it's a downgraded version of Orlando's.

Mario Kart & Donkey Kong Mine Coaster together in 1 land is just truly amazeballz...

SNW should be the same size of the Hogwarts area, even if it's little downsized. I believe it should have four rides total, two of them E-ticket ones. That's how you get you started on an immersive experience for everyone to enjoy.

Out of curiosity, I really hope SNW would remain open during HHN, unlike the WWOHP which has to be closed for the event due to a potential low performance and under orders of the L.A. County Fire Marshal. I just hope SNW will not be part of the list, if we don't get the 2nd gate and if the new area open for regular seasons. It would bring in far more people and new guests for the HHN mazes as well since Mario is the biggest thing recognizable to Americans than Harry Potter is.

What is the Mario kart ride rumored to be again? I'm sorry if this was previously mentioned.

Super Nintendo World, has been rumored to go on the cluster of Soundstages next to Mummy and Transformers, along with replacing Revenge of The Mummy.

Food for thought, and this is without backing, what if Super Nintendo World extends it's acre-footprint into the plot of Soundstage 31? It'd give them more space to work things out, and could be a great way to maximize the amount of space currently there? Food for thought, that's all.

What is the Mario kart ride rumored to be again? I'm sorry if this was previously mentioned.

It's going to be a state of the art, immersive E-ticket attraction with practical sets, Audio-Animotronics and augmented reality.

The exterior is going to be the Bowser Castle and you will be riding through the most famous sets of the Mario Kart series such as the Speedway & Rainbow Road.

This centerpiece attraction is going to be a game-changer by all accounts, but we still are a few years away for SNW to open.

I can for sure see one Super Mario Kart attraction, one Donkey Kong attraction and a small stage in front of a replica of Princess Peach's Castle where they could do meet and greets. Perhaps, there could even be room for 1-2 shops and 1 restaurant, depending on how much space they are devoting to the area. I definitely think the majority of their studios should move to another area (possibly Burbank?) because it is a bit of a hassle trying to expand on a theme park where they have very little opportunity to do so. Then again, I am one of the few people who has no interest in the Studio Tours attraction lol

So what the hell has happened to Super Nintendo World at USH?

There's been radio silence for MONTHS now. I'm starting to get worried that this project has been either cancelled or delayed for a much longer time.

Who knows, maybe it's not meant to be...

There's been radio silence for MONTHS now. I'm starting to get worried that this project has been either cancelled or delayed for a much longer time.

Did the LA Olympics date have a factor in this?

Give it some time. There’s plenty of other things going on in the park right now, so it’s normal to hear radio silence. It’s the same for SNW in Orlando.

If it wasn't meant to be, it wouldn't of been confirmed when they announced it more properly back in late 2016.

That said, it's far from dead. And that, patience is all we need, because things are happening, even if it's all quiet on the western front.:toast:

For now, Jurassic and Globe are things we should be getting excited for, and for good reason.

Give it some time. There’s plenty of other things going on in the park right now, so it’s normal to hear radio silence. It’s the same for SNW in Orlando.

True true. I just wish Universal/Nintendo would throw us a bone of some kind. Maybe some new concept art of something. Anything really.

If it wasn't meant to be, it wouldn't of been confirmed when they announced it more properly back in late 2016.

That said, it's far from dead. And that, patience is all we need, because things are happening, even if it's all quiet on the western front.:toast:

For now, Jurassic and Globe are things we should be getting excited for, and for good reason.

Well that's good to hear. Happy it's not cancelled.

It's just hard to be patient because of all the things that's coming in the future projects for theme parks, the Nintendo Project is the thing I'm most excited about!

Do you know if Donkey Kong is still coming to USH?

Well that's good to hear. Happy it's not cancelled.

It's just hard to be patient because of all the things that's coming in the future projects for theme parks, the Nintendo Project is the thing I'm most excited about!

Do you know if Donkey Kong is still coming to USH?

I can't speak much on DK, as when I heard it was coming, it was coming.

As far as the future projects, there is a lot to be excited about for. Hell, I'm more excited for Globe than any other project to date, because it has the potential to be something that Universal has never done before. If it's even close to what the rumor is, I think everyone is going to be sincerely happy with Universal Creative, and that it'd be as impactful as how the Hogsmeade coaster is for Orlando

I can't speak much on DK, as when I heard it was coming, it was coming.

As far as the future projects, there is a lot to be excited about for. Hell, I'm more excited for Globe than any other project to date, because it has the potential to be something that Universal has never done before. If it's even close to what the rumor is, I think everyone is going to be sincerely happy with Universal Creative, and that it'd be as impactful as how the Hogsmeade coaster is for Orlando

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what the heck is the Globe?

Nintendo World might take a long time to come to L.A. considering the fact it's situated near the active working studio, whereas Orlando and Japan's version are full-blown theme parks. Like I said, it's way too early to tell when it's gonna be announced for SNW Hollywood.

Nintendo World might take a long time to come to L.A. considering the fact it's situated near the active working studio, whereas Orlando and Japan's version are full-blown theme parks. Like I said, it's way too early to tell when it's gonna be announced for SNW Hollywood.
That has nothing to do with it. Japan is getting it first regardless. Besides... remember Potter? Announced in 2011... didn't open until 2016...

Think of Nintendo Land as the Avatar World of Universal. It'll open sometime in the year 2065

That has nothing to do with it. Japan is getting it first regardless. Besides... remember Potter? Announced in 2011... didn't open until 2016...

Think of Nintendo Land as the Avatar World of Universal. It'll open sometime in the year 2065

I already know that, I was referring to someone complaining why SNW in Hollywood is taking too long. We might not get the SNW Hollywood until somewhat around the early 2020s.