Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I already know that, I was referring to someone complaining why SNW in Hollywood is taking too long. We might not get the SNW Hollywood until somewhat around the early 2020s.

It isn't going to be like a 3-4 year wait for Nintendo, after the Osaka one. Hell, it's going to be shorter than that.

USH has to build at least 20 more giftshops in the park, as well as another starbucks before we get a new ride addition to the park... at least on the lower lot..

Their motto is... less to do & more places to spend money you don't have after paying for parking, ticket & express to enjoy all 5 rides/attractions in the park.

Well, how do you know?

Sometimes people have heard things from others in previous scenarios.

It's not uncommon for this forum site in particular, and that I've had..quite a few examples of hearing some certain things.

That said, I would be idiotical to call out who I hear it from, or to go into every specific detail. And I'd also be ignorant if I believe what I hear as fact..however, I am not going to ignore that its from someone I trust respectfully. So yeah, it's all subject to validity; but consider this,

Quite a few people on the Orlando side has been suggesting some things that could imply of theirs coming much quicker than 4-5 years.

Sometimes people have heard things from others in previous scenarios.

It's not uncommon for this forum site in particular, and that I've had..quite a few examples of hearing some certain things.

That said, I would be idiotical to call out who I hear it from, or to go into every specific detail. And I'd also be ignorant if I believe what I hear as fact..however, I am not going to ignore that its from someone I trust respectfully. So yeah, it's all subject to validity; but consider this,

Quite a few people on the Orlando side has been suggesting some things that could imply of theirs coming much quicker than 4-5 years.

So ETA for USH SNW=2022?

So ETA for USH SNW=2022?
Even IF it was that soon... it makes me wonder what the hell they'll be adding to the park leading up to it. And I personally, do NOT consider JPRA's JW revamp as an addition. That's just USH being lazy. The park needs to be adding a new ride, even if they're revamping an existing one.

I'd hope for more than just two rides for Nintendo, but i'm sure thats all we're getting. (which makes me annoyed that they can't add a 2nd JP/JW ride)

Even IF it was that soon... it makes me wonder what the hell they'll be adding to the park leading up to it. And I personally, do NOT consider JPRA's JW revamp as an addition. That's just USH being lazy. The park needs to be adding a new ride, even if they're revamping an existing one.

I'd hope for more than just two rides for Nintendo, but i'm sure thats all we're getting. (which makes me annoyed that they can't add a 2nd JP/JW ride)
Pretty sure we're getting DK, making that three.
Expect SNW in 2021. I would start to worry if we do not see any Lower Lot construction by end of 2019.
Sounds about right. Gotta be ready for Phase two of Marvel.

Expect SNW in 2021. I would start to worry if we do not see any Lower Lot construction by end of 2019.

If Nintendo is for 2021, that implies 2 things.

A. They finalized the Lower Lot expansion, and will proceed to move forward

B. Universal Hollywood will try to follow the Osaka construction timeline, and if that's the case, I'd expect construction to start by January.

If they are pressed, I am curious if they'd start shortly after HHN, to flatten portions of the Lower Lot to work ASAP.

If Nintendo was moved, and they plan to place it on SS22-25, then I believe that plot of land is too small compared to Japan and therefore more sound stages would need to be removed. I still believe that the Mummy has seen its day and that area is prime for Nintendo.

I really wonder if we're gonna have more additional rides aside from DK and Mario Kart? Just hopefully a few more would help increase the walking level within the area.

If Nintendo was moved, and they plan to place it on SS22-25, then I believe that plot of land is too small compared to Japan and therefore more sound stages would need to be removed. I still believe that the Mummy has seen its day and that area is prime for Nintendo.

And I'm not disagreeing. Hell, when I've talked about Nintendo in the past, I have hard Mummy and that Cluster to be the most likely location.

I imagine, if 2021 is happening, we will see work at the beginning of the year, hell, maybe even after HHN, regardless of a hit that'd be to the parks and the studios.

Orlando had it worse with Amity and the Murder She Wrote Soundstages closing that same year, and not even mentioning International Food & Wine from Worlds Fair back before that became Springfield.

I really wonder if we're gonna have more additional rides aside from DK and Mario Kart? Just hopefully a few more would help increase the walking level within the area.

So-far, people have indicated of Mariokart and Yoshi being the two "base" attractions.

Death... is only the beginning..

Also, I'd really hate to see Mummy meet its demise before its 15th anniversary. But that's just me..

Honestly, I think we are going to see hits to Universal Hollywood, so it may be a scenario if they want to slowly pull off the band-aid, or just ripping it apart.

And that's not even mentioning the probable ramifications that 2021 would do for the studio, as they'd have to lose a LOT of Soundstages for a period of time.

I expect Nintendo to be on the same level as WWoHP. 2 rides, 1 E Ticket and plenty of shops and street shows along with an interactive element.

As per what @AliciaStella has mentioned, a lot of the land should be very interactive, to a large level.

I wonder if Super Nintendo World would still be open for HHN? That would be such a killer since it would at least allow guests to ride them when the mazes are apparently long or want to take a break from them, and to alleviate the long lines.

I have heard rumor that WWoHP will be open for HHN this year, which it should have been from the beginning. I can imagine they will play things safe at first, just like WWoHP.

I heard that it's because Universal Hollywood is legally not allowed to have the area open on HHN due to the potential small crowd capacity, plus it's considered to be ineffective to have the entire area open for a few thousand people to go in, since people go for the mazes rather than WWOHP.