Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have heard rumor that WWoHP will be open for HHN this year, which it should have been from the beginning. I can imagine they will play things safe at first, just like WWoHP.

The first year that WWOHP premiered, it was actually open during my trip to HHN. I went on the last day of the event and the park kept it open. It was nice.

Wait, what? This thing is opening up in 2021 now?

USF’s version had to close last year to make that date, but Hollywood can close it next year and open it up early?

I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna bite on this rumor. It will probably open in 2022, imo.

Wait, what? This thing is opening up in 2021 now?

USF’s version had to close last year to make that date, but Hollywood can close it next year and open it up early?

I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna bite on this rumor. It will probably open in 2022, imo.

I'm not saying it's happening this way, but they've already cleared and prepped a lot of land on the lower lot where Soundstage 22-25 once stood. That could have easily saved them 4 months of time (Assuming SNW goes in that location, and not the more popular rumor of replacing Mummy).

Reactions: chris.g
It'd make a lot more sense to see new rides/attractions built in the already cleared SS plots than it would to close down one of the only 3 existing rides on the lower lot. Universal needs to figure out what other "front lot" soundstages are getting the axe and/or start pushing some dirt down there (and not just the SS28 dirt).

Their biggest problem is "THIS IS COMING TO USH!!!" *20 years later* "THIS JUST OPENED AT USH!"

I heard that it's because Universal Hollywood is legally not allowed to have the area open on HHN due to the potential small crowd capacity, plus it's considered to be ineffective to have the entire area open for a few thousand people to go in, since people go for the mazes rather than WWOHP.

Have you been to HHN lately??? HHN park attendance has been maxing out park capacity and surpassing daytime crowds in the fall.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I always thought height balloons were more for checking sight lines and whatnot. Clearly they have the blueprints of the proposed project in hand which gives them an idea of how high something is going to be. Same for when building a roller coaster or something. its more or less to check the height.

Typically, high points and corners of the building are represented by balloons at the planned height of the structure, and then the visual impact is evaluated.

Unless everything was meant to be where it is from the start and people were misled due to "speculative talk".. I'm just curious if any further "Front Lot" soundstages will be meeting their demise. I'm sure the soundstages around Transformers/Mummy will meet their end soon enough, but what about the others? Could a majority of the production facilities end up in the backlot near the sets to make filming easier with everything nearby?

Reactions: tankart150
By looking at the photo of the height balloons, all I can wonder is how they're going to fit an entire land (with 3 rumored rides, shopping, dining, walking space, and meet n greets) behind a Panda Express... that entire area looks like it will barely be able to squeeze one show building. We also know that they're supposedly planning a special entrance into the land (what Potter Hollywood lacks) that will act as a transition and will help guests feel transported after walking through a long tunnel. Maybe I'm not grasping the perspective of the photo properly but this just seems like not enough space.

Any other thoughts?

I believe that the 2 colors represent the front facade and the rear facade. The sound stages behind the land will have to be removed for ride show buildings. This area would be the guest footprint for Nintendo. Plus, I would start looking at the official artwork that was released before speculating on anything else. Peach’s Castle will be the main entrance. What remains to be seen is how will the Jurassic Cafe and restrooms be effected by this new entrance.

We ultimately need to see more of Japan’s layout.

I wish they'd give JP the proper treatment it deserves with a mini land- JPRA, 2nd ride (flat??), better dining, etc. Those JP restrooms though are soooo big, i'd say the best in the park lol

By looking at the photo of the height balloons, all I can wonder is how they're going to fit an entire land (with 3 rumored rides, shopping, dining, walking space, and meet n greets) behind a Panda Express... that entire area looks like it will barely be able to squeeze one show building. We also know that they're supposedly planning a special entrance into the land (what Potter Hollywood lacks).
Potter has a special entrance.. its a giant archway that separates itself from the rest of the park. How much more special do you want it?

The concept art showed the new land would be multi-level just like the games. THAT is how it will all fit in that space. Also, its a really big chunk of land down there & if they do rip out the soundstages next to it, that'll be even more space. With such a land-locked park, they need to do multi-level everything to allow more stuff in the space.

I'm not saying the archway isn't special. I'm saying that Hollywood lacks a transition into the land. Potters archway in Hollywood is very abrupt and can literally be seen from the front gate. This is due to the lack of space when it comes to Hollywood unlike its sister parks. I know that Japan has a windy forest trail that leads to the land to hide the arch from the rest of the park. IOA has something similar when entering from the Jurassic side to help keep potter more immersive. No need to be spicy. This is a fun forum where fans get to speculate and talk about how new attractions could potentially come to life!

By looking at the photo of the height balloons, all I can wonder is how they're going to fit an entire land (with 3 rumored rides, shopping, dining, walking space, and meet n greets) behind a Panda Express... that entire area looks like it will barely be able to squeeze one show building. We also know that they're supposedly planning a special entrance into the land (what Potter Hollywood lacks) that will act as a transition and will help guests feel transported after walking through a long tunnel. Maybe I'm not grasping the perspective of the photo properly but this just seems like not enough space.

Any other thoughts?

I'm pretty sure they're just testing it to see if certain SNW areas fit there or not.

I'm saying that Hollywood lacks a transition into the land. Potters archway in Hollywood is very abrupt and can literally be seen from the front gate. I know that Japan has a windy forest trail that leads to the land to hide the arch from the rest of the park. IOA has something similar when entering from the Jurassic side.
1- The Magical Barrier that kept it hidden was lifted so Muggles can see/enter Hogsmeade.
2- Japan only has a windy forest trail due to the location they had to build their land, it wasn't planned that way it just worked out in their favor.
3- You exit the JP arch & cross the pre-existing bridge, if you look to your left, a nice view of Hogwarts.. but Hogsmeade is not exactly "hidden".