Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I see a variety of things.

I see pastries, treats, and candies from something of Princess Peach; the Toad Village can be doing an assortment of foods and beverages themed to items from the Super Mario/Yoshi franchises; and DK could be oriented to Banana flavored snacks and drinks.

Must have banana smoothies, fried plantains, take place in a plane, and have an animatronic talking Funky Kong. No exceptions.

Also, is there anywhere on the Internet where a full map of all of Universal Studios can be found, so I wouldn't have to always ask where certain soundstages, like 3-20, are in relation to one another?

Must have banana smoothies, fried plantains, take place in a plane, and have an animatronic talking Funky Kong. No exceptions.

Also, is there anywhere on the Internet where a full map of all of Universal Studios can be found, so I wouldn't have to always ask where certain soundstages, like 3-20, are in relation to one another?
upload_2018-8-19_15-0-2.png

Honestly, I don't buy it taking Soundstages 12 and 10, nor do I think it could take over 3-6 or the Verna Fields.

Thats quite a bit more space than Japan isn't it? Almost the same space as the original USF plans/proof of concept below
Universal Studios Super Nintendo World Plans Leaked? - Theme Park University

I guess the question now is - will they build on all of it for MK and DK or will there be space left for future expansion with somethine like Zelda.

@Joe and @JungleSkip have mentioned that, what TPU posted comes from when they were pitching Nintendo the concept of a Nintendo themed land for UPR. In no way, does that resemble what is actually coming.

@Joe and @JungleSkip have mentioned that, what TPU posted comes from when they were pitching Nintendo the concept of a Nintendo themed land for UPR. In no way, does that resemble what is actually coming.

Size-wise the pitch is still the same size(ish) as what was planned for USF. It's generally the same-ish size as what we're seeing at USJ, just with the chunk that was to be DK in USF taken out.

Wow what a missed opportunity for Disney! They basically own every other IP in the universe, but somehow they failed to capitalize on Nintendo. Though I must say that I'm really happy that Universal is building the land instead of Disney, considering the hatchet job that Bob Chapek would've done. He probably would have done some cheap overlay of an existing attraction. Repainted the track and cars of Autopia and called it "Mario Kart."

Wow what a missed opportunity for Disney! They basically own every other IP in the universe, but somehow they failed to capitalize on Nintendo. Though I must say that I'm really happy that Universal is building the land instead of Disney, considering the hatchet job that Bob Chapek would've done. He probably would have done some cheap overlay of an existing attraction. Repainted the track and cars of Autopia and called it "Mario Kart."

Disney nowadays isn't keen on licensing properties from 3rd party companies except in some cases of necessity like having the Avatar-themed area in response to WB's Harry Potter at Universal theme parks.

Disney nowadays isn't keen on licensing properties from 3rd party companies except in some cases of necessity like having the Avatar-themed area in response to WB's Harry Potter at Universal theme parks.

And to be fair, Fox is becoming absorbed into Disney by next year, so Avatar isn't even Third-Party at this point.

There were stories of Disney engaging with J.K.R. and WB, but what JK wanted apparently didn't align with what Disney wanted so that went nowhere.

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo would've tried to go to Disney, but that's just me.

And to be fair, Fox is becoming absorbed into Disney by next year, so Avatar isn't even Third-Party at this point.

There were stories of Disney engaging with J.K.R. and WB, but what JK wanted apparently didn't align with what Disney wanted so that went nowhere.

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo would've tried to go to Disney, but that's just me.

I agree that Nintendo would never have gone to Disney (unless they were desperate). Nintendo doesn't want their properties to seem as if they are owned by Disney in any capacity. Reason why they went with Universal is that even though it would seem as a "Universal" property, people don't call it Universal's Wizarding World nor do they associate any properties with Universal. Most people don't relate Universal movies with the name Universal, where as Disney automatically brings movies into your mind.

Back to SNW, I worry about being able to see the land from up top Super Silly Fun Land or the escalators. Hopefully they add more foliage or barriers to prevent from views going in.

I agree that Nintendo would never have gone to Disney (unless they were desperate). Nintendo doesn't want their properties to seem as if they are owned by Disney in any capacity. Reason why they went with Universal is that even though it would seem as a "Universal" property, people don't call it Universal's Wizarding World nor do they associate any properties with Universal. Most people don't relate Universal movies with the name Universal, where as Disney automatically brings movies into your mind.

Back to SNW, I worry about being able to see the land from up top Super Silly Fun Land or the escalators. Hopefully they add more foliage or barriers to prevent from views going in.

Good point about how there's more of a blank slate with Universal movies. Though I would argue that didn't use to be the case. When people said Universal, they thought of Jaws, ET, Psycho, etc.

As for being able to see SNW from the Upper Lot, IMO I think it's an inevitability.

Good point about how there's more of a blank slate with Universal movies. Though I would argue that didn't use to be the case. When people said Universal, they thought of Jaws, ET, Psycho, etc.

As for being able to see SNW from the Upper Lot, IMO I think it's an inevitability.

I would assume, they could do something with doing Forced Perspective facades from on-top of MarioKart, but who knows.

We have a new image of SNW Osaka (first posted to Themeparkx) as well as the start of what seems to be the Mario Kart showbuilding. Seeing how snug the land is being fit into USJ, and the height balloons that went up on the lower lot. I think it's safe to assume that we're going to be getting a very different layout than Japan (with some similarities / clones of certain weenies, ect), over here.

upload_2018-8-23_8-53-45.png

Last edited:
We have a new image of SNW Osaka as well as the start of what seems to be the Mario Kart showbuilding. Seeing how snug the land is being fit into USJ, and the height balloons that went up on the lower lot. I think it's safe to assume that we're going to be getting a very different layout than Japan (with some similarities / clones of certain weenies, ect), over here.

View attachment 7592

On the bright side, it'd bring an element of uniqueness for us that none of the others would have.

But yeah, this versions seemingly very different in it's layout compared to the others. I was also somewhat told of that being partially why DK is coming, as they are trying to fit in quite a bit.

On the bright side, it'd bring an element of uniqueness for us that none of the others would have.

But yeah, this versions seemingly very different in it's layout compared to the others. I was also somewhat told of that being partially why DK is coming, as they are trying to fit in quite a bit.

If Hollywood is getting a unique layout, who’s to say that Orlando won’t get one as well? Hell, Orlando could have an expanded version of Hollywood’s. It’s all up in the air at this point.

Also, could Hollywood get the original layout/version of the DK coaster? It was scene in the old concept art for Orlando, and it looked a lot more compact.

We have a new image of SNW Osaka as well as the start of what seems to be the Mario Kart showbuilding. Seeing how snug the land is being fit into USJ, and the height balloons that went up on the lower lot. I think it's safe to assume that we're going to be getting a very different layout than Japan (with some similarities / clones of certain weenies, ect), over here.

View attachment 7592

Where did you get this from? Twitter?

Withstanding, one of @quinnmac000's friends was at USH; and they saw that Miyamoto was actually present at the park, within the lower lot of all places..

9i6iy739bwm11.jpg