Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
one other thing I found these photos from another site showing the "Mario kart" building in japan and it's massive I am having a hard time believing that we have enough space for it as of now.*mods I am sorry if im breaking any rules by posting these*

View attachment 8779 View attachment 8780 View attachment 8781

Attachments

• 1545035991_Dumr1COU8AAuQ2x.jpg
    1545035991_Dumr1COU8AAuQ2x.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DoGLGsqVAAA672k.jpg
    DoGLGsqVAAA672k.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 63
  • universal-studios-japan-expansion-28.jpg
    universal-studios-japan-expansion-28.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 64
Maybe Yoshi takes over SS 29 and the adjacent empty plot behind Transformers as a future expansion? Connected via an underground warp pipe below the Transformers showbuilding? Partnership with Elon Musk's The Boring Co.? :drool:

As Alex suggested, the same Yoshi Japan ride system appears to be being used for Pets so I think that pretty much rules out Yoshi in USH... for now.

I still find it really hard to believe that this will just be MK, unless it's phase 1 with phase 2 being planned for shortly after.

Even more important, don't rule out the potential for expansion after Phase 1.

Yeah, I would not be surprised that for now, they are looking at 16-20, and potentially earmarking that for a expansion down the road; after what's most important for the Lower Lot is done.

one other thing I found these photos from another site showing the "Mario kart" building in japan and it's massive I am having a hard time believing that we have enough space for it as of now.*mods I am sorry if im breaking any rules by posting these*

View attachment 8779 View attachment 8780 View attachment 8781

As it stands, there should be enough space for the Mario Kart building. Especially, if it's seeming as I somewhat illustrated a few days back.

With SNW, the greatest advantage it's going to have (especially in Hollywood); is the compact nature of the land. And that, is in due to the multi-level complex that this land is going to have.

Whoa, I didn't even consider the possibility of SNW opening with only 1 attraction, MK.

That would be super lame.

I'm still sticking by what @Al2020 said, that we are getting DK with the opening of the land.

Where the hell would they put DK? That ride is pretty large

Most likely, it'd have to be in the footprints of Soundstages 24-25, considering 22, 23, and 28 are all being used for Mario Kart.

17436407081_a36fae167c_c.jpg

If DK is coming though, expect changes in the scope of it.

A blind guess, they may be waiting on closing Studio Store and Panda/Studio Deli, until after Jurassic World opens, considering that portion is running on half capacity.

Don't forget that now they have enclosed the first part of JW they could potentially have part of DK going over the top of the JW queue and first showscene.

My concern with changes to scope is what affect that might have on the rides capacity.

As much as I want DK I'd rather wait till phase 2 if it means getting a full on version.

Where the hell would they put DK? That ride is pretty large
Most likely, it'd have to be in the footprints of Soundstages 24-25, considering 22, 23, and 28 are all being used for Mario Kart.

17436407081_a36fae167c_c.jpg

If DK is coming though, expect changes in the scope of it.

A blind guess, they may be waiting on closing Studio Store and Panda/Studio Deli, until after Jurassic World opens, considering that portion is running on half capacity.

That sounds about right.

I would be okay with a more compact version of DK. The same way our Hogsmeade is more compact, but still awesome.

Have they started construction on the new soundstages on the other side of the property yet? I remember there was mention of a set of new soundstages coming away from the existing studio area to be used as part of Olympic coverage and as replacements for the old ones that were slated for demolition to expand the park's footprint.

Have they started construction on the new soundstages on the other side of the property yet? I remember there was mention of a set of new soundstages coming away from the existing studio area to be used as part of Olympic coverage and as replacements for the old ones that were slated for demolition to expand the park's footprint.

They have constructed two of the originally planned six structures. However, those plans were assuming Los Angeles would host the 2024 Summer Olympics, but we will be hosting the 2028 Olympics instead. This changed their construction timeline and we may not see movement on those for another few years.

Reactions: GAcoaster

Now here's a fair question..

with the walls rising, creating the shape of what will be part of the Mario Kart showbuilding..when do we count Super Nintendo World, finally going vertical?

Is it when the first big beam is placed up? Or could we count the walls as fair game?

Reactions: Magic-Man
I would consider these walls to be the “footers” so my vote is when steel rises we can say it’s vertical.

ETA that is actually a good and fair question to ask and I’m curious where everyone else stands

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I also would view these as ground works and footers. Once the first beam goes up or we get above the height of athe average theme park construction wall I class it as the 'vertical' stage. Guess it's all a matter of opinion!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
From Theme Park Obession, the retaining wall around TF and 29 is nearing completion.

It also looks like area's where footers for the building are beginning to come in.

Additionally, from Coaster Loop.

The big take-away, is the etching (I think) on the mural..

Oh, and we can also add Jurassic Snacks to the Studio Vault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man