Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

^ Yeah.... you're wrong. As far as I know Nintendo will be executed Star Wars Land style, opening on both coasts simultaneously. 
Nope, that's just a fanboy rumor. Japan will open first, followed by Orlando, then Hollywood. The distance between Orlando's and Hollywood's openings is anyone's guess though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orlandos been heavily rumored 2018 by numerous people. If Japan wanted to do Nintendo first; it'd be in construction right now instead of The Flying Dinosaur for 2017. Orlandos probably going to be the one getting it first.

That being said; I do think we are seeing similar launch time-slots, but on a different level. I can see Orlando first for Memorial Day, Hollywood at the start of E3 and then Japan maybe around the time of their Summer Solace.

Guys, news flash: everything is a "fan boy" rumor. Even if you have the strongest connections within Creativity and Universal, things change and might not be true. So let's be civil. We can discuss what may or may not be more realistic, but let's not brush off everything, no matter how silly it is. :)

Again, i think construction time lines will be a matter of picking the locations where they want an attraction. Also, all three locations have larger plans for the parks and expansions that they have to work around. We may not know what those plans are, but they have internal "vision" plans that could affect where they'll want a certain ride and why.

Personally, I don't care when each ride/Nintendo land opens, as long as none of the parks get the short end of the stick, like what happened with Mummy due to location.

Its a hard thing to think.it could be a "Safe Route" for UC to do but Nintendo seems much more open, much more limitless than doing something you've done before.

Why not tear down those sound stages for Diagon Alley?
Theres plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work. But I'm going to do some Mathematics so bear me for a minute...Heres that size of the CSI Soundstages combined with Stage 28s plot.

17,603 square ft = 3 Acres

Now take for instance; Diagon Alley, i'm going with the Orlando version on size. This includes Diagon, the London Waterfront and Kings cross.

35,763 square ft = 7 Acres

Now, if you cut Kings cross and remove the Park section of London Waterfront, it does make some difference here.

24,153 square ft = 4 Acres.

Even then; its really not plausible to do Diagon Alley in that area, unless you get rid of Panda Express (which it wont), but if you remove the Stages behind CSI and you'd get:

26,939 square ft = 5 Acres.

Now that being said; it would be in a term; plausible to do Diagon Alley in there but in turn; would have to get rid of those two extra soundstages. That being said; if you cut half of the size of Kidzone, it'd be;

18,794 square ft = 3.8 Acres

Keep in mind that includes the Orlando Animal Actors and Barney theatre which in turn would probably be the amount of space Hollywood could do with just two attractions (as mentioned by Galin a few posts back) but its not without its shortcomings. It is arguably a bit larger than the said 17k square feet and that would bud heads with those two soundstages I mentioned that are behind 22-25. Not to mention; we still have the problem on the fire-lane, and that's going to be hell to re-work within the future of the lower lot.

For now, i'm going to leave it at this. Nintendo will be able to work without removing extra soundstages if you do half of the Kidzone size. But Diagon can't unless you trim out those other soundstages.

If i'm wrong about something; I could adjust it a slight bit but I tried it the best I could.

With all the on going talk of Diagon Alley, I'm still so antsy and curious how Hollywood will implement a Nintendo themed land or attractions! Even as a massive Potter head (as you all know ;) ), I wish Nintendo got priority over Diagon Alley so we could have a great diversity of attractions! So much potential with Nintento, especially Mario world!!!

With all the on going talk of Diagon Alley, I'm still so antsy and curious how Hollywood will implement a Nintendo themed land or attractions! Even as a massive Potter head (as you all know ;) ), I wish Nintendo got priority over Diagon Alley so we could have a great diversity of attractions! So much potential with Nintento, especially Mario world!!!
I am thinking its a 2020 project, as I feel that USJ and USO will be the ones getting it first, as Hollywood adds Diagon around that time that Universal opens Nintendo for its other parks. It would also point that if USB has opened in 2020, they could do another dual-opening with USH and USB but on Mario and possibly another IP (not DK), to atleast add some different flavors in the two Universal Resorts.

Nintendo Is a HUGE IP that they can dig down and find what they want, but I do expect Mario to be a big draw for when USH works on this project.

The Mario Kart E-Ticket is a definite for Hollywood. Beyond that who knows what USH will try to implement into the Lower-Lot.

I hear that for USH's sake, they do plan to build the Nintendo "E" ticket ride as a vertical building similar to Transformers and SLoP.  Many have use the term "base version" (meaning that they design the ride to fit in Hollywood and copy it elsewhere).  That is so USH does not have to get a truncated version.  What else goes around the "land" could be based on specific park space available.  At least we won't get any more Revenge of the Mummy "Lite" versions of these rides.

I'm crossing my fingers Universal slowly but surely starts developing innovative new attractions that dont rely on screens! Keyword rely.
With Tslop; that "should" give us an indication on how the AAs are going to be handled for Nintendo, (excluding Kong due to obvious reasons)

That'll "definitely" be the start! Will be so refreshing. Kinda tired of overbearing other guests say "is everything 3D? This is getting old."
The thing that interests me about the TSLOP project is the AAs, as I have hope that they're going to the best in the business; Garner for the Pets to come to life.

I know it's from Teebin but considering Mario Kart I have a hard time believing that there won't be ANY screens.
Even for me, I have had..a questionable belief of that..but now, we have another insider backing up Teebin.

Jungleskip is also backing this up..