Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But it seems like Osaka isn't getting much more than USH at the outset either. Just perhaps the Yoshi Omni-mover but everything else seems like it will be identical.

Just wait for the new park in Orlando to open. It's gonna have the most stuff anyway.

It's just an excuse to see SNW at it's earliest (and to visit family haha) but I'm definitely looking forward to UFW, I surely hope we get SNW and Universal Monsters there :)

awesome update. Now I'm wondering how different our land will look like compared to the one being build in Japan and the concept art that was released.

Here's me playing around with scale comparisons from Japan/KidsZone plans to see what could theoretically fit in Hollywood. Since I am not that familiar with the Hollywood park, please tell me if I am wrong on where I am attempting to place them or any other reasons why these won't work.

The first image shows the area in Japan (yellow) overlaid onto Hollywood, in scale, with Mario Kart remaining exactly in place. It's a possible way the area could be configured, and it could even fit Donkey Kong (based on the KidsZone planned version,) but the entrance doesn't really make much sense this way. Yoshi would not fit in this configuration:
Nintendo-Hollywood-Possible.jpg

The next possibility has a more realistic entrance near Transformers. It could probably still fit either Donkey Kong or Yoshi, but not both.
Nintendo-Hollywood-Possible-version2.jpg

And here's the worst-case scenario based on current construction and considering it doesn't look to me like the bottom section of the area has begun development yet:
Nintendo-Hollywood-Possible-version3.jpg

Thoughts? Corrections? Ideas?

Here's me playing around with scale comparisons from Japan/KidsZone plans to see what could theoretically fit in Hollywood. Since I am not that familiar with the Hollywood park, please tell me if I am wrong on where I am attempting to place them or any other reasons why these won't work.

The first image shows the area in Japan (yellow) overlaid onto Hollywood, in scale, with Mario Kart remaining exactly in place. It's a possible way the area could be configured, and it could even fit Donkey Kong (based on the KidsZone planned version,) but the entrance doesn't really make much sense this way. Yoshi would not fit in this configuration:
View attachment 9080

The next possibility has a more realistic entrance near Transformers. It could probably still fit either Donkey Kong or Yoshi, but not both.
View attachment 9081

And here's the worst-case scenario based on current construction and considering it doesn't look to me like the bottom section of the area has begun development yet:
View attachment 9082

Thoughts? Corrections? Ideas?

I though Marrio Kart was being built the other way around - horizontal not vertical and partly on the old soundstage 28 space?
That would rule out DK expansion there.
I think DK expansion will go into additional stage removals behind the current construction area.

Reactions: Alicia
I though Marrio Kart was being built the other way around - horizontal not vertical and partly on the old soundstage 28 space?
That would rule out DK expansion there.
I think DK expansion will go into additional stage removals behind the current construction area.
Certainly possible. I was mainly looking for size comparisons.

Here's how much room there would be if we turned MK horizontally...

Nintendo-Hollywood-Possible-version4a.jpg

Reactions: Jamesh22
Certainly possible. I was mainly looking for size comparisons.

Here's how much room there would be if we turned MK horizontally...

View attachment 9083

That was fast! :)

Doesn't it feel like Mushroom kingdom could come forward into the current Panda Express TF queue and toilets space? IF it did couldn't a family DK coaster fit the space? Probably wishful thinking on my part!

I think the below is more likely, but if they leave Panda etc buildings in front I think they have wasted an opportunity to make the land bigger and better.
upload_2019-3-9_20-56-56.png

That was fast! :)

Doesn't it feel like Mushroom kingdom could come forward into the current Panda Express TF queue and toilets space? IF it did couldn't a family DK coaster fit the space? Probably wishful thinking on my part!

I think the below is more likely, but if they leave Panda etc buildings in front I think they have wasted an opportunity to make the land bigger and better.
View attachment 9084
I agree they should expand beyond what has currently been cleared, and they still may, but since they hadn't yet I was just seeing what could fit currently. I like this idea though. That way they could pretty much have the entire land.

Exactly!

Love a bit of speculation :)

I do wonder when we might see Panda/Toilets etc closed and cleared if they do intend to use that space?

@Alicia I do see the first configuration of Japan fitting but with a few modifications for example getting rid of Panda Express that will free up a bit more space .Has anyone heard anything about Panda getting chopped ?

Reactions: Alicia
The thing that everyone seems ignore is that there is a fire lane that is splitting the Nintendo construction site into two.
Fire%20Lane.png

There is construction both North and South of the fire lane, but none on the fire lane. This leads me to believe that Hollywood version of Nintendo World will be split into two sub areas. It makes sense that the bigger plot North of the fire lane will house the Mario Kart ride and the Mushroom Kingdom. The smaller plot to the South of the fire lane would be for something else, most likely Donkey Kong.
NintendoWorld.png

The thing that everyone seems ignore is that there is a fire lane that is splitting the Nintendo construction site into two.
Fire%20Lane.png

There is construction both North and South of the fire lane, but none on the fire lane. This leads me to believe that Hollywood version of Nintendo World will be split into two sub areas. It makes sense that the bigger plot North of the fire lane will house the Mario Kart ride and the Mushroom Kingdom. The smaller plot to the South of the fire lane would be for something else, most likely Donkey Kong.
NintendoWorld.png

Interesting. Can the Fire lane not be moved???

Reactions: HPFred